Player: Hakeem Flowers

Hometown: Greenville, SC

School: Wade Hampton

Position: ATH

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 180 lbs

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Memphis, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, West Virginia

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: ESPN 150 Watch List

Assessing the talent:

Physically he has all the tools to be a top flight prospect. College coaches will love his height and athleticism. Hakeem is also a track star and he shows that speed on the football field as well, especially considering his long stride and top end speed. Should he get more touches in his junior season and he continues to develop at his current pace we're comfortable with projecting him in the upper echelon of prospects in the state for 2011. -Kerry Fair of SCPrepNation.com

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% 20 some offers already.

Player: Hakeem Flowers

Hometown: Greenville, SC

School: Wade Hampton

Position: ATH

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 180 lbs

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Arkansas, Baylor, Boston College, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida State, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Memphis, Miami (FL), Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

ESPN: ESPN 150 Watch List

Assessing the talent:

Physically he has all the tools to be a top flight prospect. College coaches will love his height and athleticism. Hakeem is also a track star and he shows that speed on the football field as well, especially considering his long stride and top end speed. Should he get more touches in his junior season and he continues to develop at his current pace we're comfortable with projecting him in the upper echelon of prospects in the state for 2011. -Kerry Fair of SCPrepNation.com

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% 20 some offers already.

He can put some lbs on that frame, and if he keeps his wheels he would be a great catch for anyone.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last July, it was a blazing hot afternoon with the sun beating down at the Florida State football camp.

All Notre Dame All The Time

Notre DameFor complete coverage of all things Notre Dame, from recruiting to the Irish's football and basketball teams and much, much more, check out ESPN affiliate IrishSportsDaily.com every day. IrishSportsDaily.com

Some of the nation's top prospects went through three hours of drills and tutoring before running a 40-yard dash at the end of the camp.

Dog tired, ESPN 150 Watch List recruit Hakeem Flowers (Greenville, S.C./Wade Hampton) clocked a 4.5. The Seminoles coaching staff quickly gave the Class of 2011 athlete his first scholarship offer.

"It was probably the best workout of my life," Flowers stated.

He's been showing out ever since.

The 6-foot-2, 170-pound Flowers worked out at both receiver and defensive back that afternoon, and the next day Maryland offered. He then attended camps at Auburn and Georgia during the same day. The Tigers have offered, Georgia hasn't, but it seems like most of the rest of the country is already on board in extending Flowers a full ride.

With roughly 30 scholarship offers, Notre Dame is one of the most recent schools to join the party. Coach Brian Kelly offered Flowers on last Wednesday's national signing day for the recruiting Class of 2010.

"He told me he wanted to offer me on signing day and hopes it holds a special place in my heart when it comes around to next year," Flowers explained. As a junior, he caught 50 passes for 800 yards and 10 touchdowns, and has 10.5 second speed in the 100-meter dash.

"I know that Notre Dame is a pretty traditional place and they have a very good fan base and very good alumni."

Flowers is also evaluating scholarship offers from the likes of LSU, Tennessee, Miami, West Virginia and Michigan. He says he'd like to start narrowing his list down this summer, but is nowhere close to doing so.

"Everybody is really the same right now," Flowers said, adding his parents will be the ones helping him with his decision.

"I'm going to be looking for academics and then coaching staff, and then the depth chart and playing time. From there other things will fall in place."

Flowers has a 3.4 GPA and wants to major in business management. He is being recruited by Irish assistant coach Mike Elston, and looks forward to talking with him more down the road.

"I like the coaching staff and their coaching style," Flowers said.

Besides those camps, Flowers has taken in games at Clemson, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech. He has plans to attend

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4900162

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"Coach (Mack) Brown verbally offered me but wanted a commitment on the spot, and I wasn't ready," said Flowers, who recently visited Austin, according to The State. "He said when I'm ready to commit to call him and he'll send an offer."

i guess it's hard for UT to pull that crap on people outside of Texas.

Something's weird about this guy...He has offers from many many schools, but neither Clemson nor South Carolina has offered...I'm wondering if there isn't some character issues here.

I wouldn't look too hard at in-state schools not offering a guy just under a year before his signing day. It could mean they just think that no matter when they offer they think they'll have a very good chance of landing him.

Something's weird about this guy...He has offers from many many schools, but neither Clemson nor South Carolina has offered...I'm wondering if there isn't some character issues here.

I wouldn't look too hard at in-state schools not offering a guy just under a year before his signing day. It could mean they just think that no matter when they offer they think they'll have a very good chance of landing him.

I actually heard yesterday that he's in the :star :star :star range, but he has one of those 'handlers' (see Bryce Brown) that are promoting him. Apparently based on film, Clemson has a few higher prospects and aren't likely going to fall to him.