For the betting population.....

In my pool of 30 guys from around the conference I took VT in our 'straight up' picks.

I have a friend in Vegas that has stopped by a book on his way home from work if I have a bet that I want to have placed.

I would have liked to bet this weekend but I took CY's advice and went to the bank with his picks last week. We all know how that turned out :steam

Okay...early thoughts on the:

MIZZOU vs NEBRASKA game?

I'm thinking Mizzou -4.5

Rationale: Home team usually gets 3 points 'credit' in betting circles and I think Mizzou should be favored by another point or two. Ergo, my 4.5 point spread.

Other than the usual barage of posts calling Mizzou names (Mizzery, Meth U, Missu are some), what do you think the spread will be?

MIZZOU vs NEBRASKA game?

I'm thinking Mizzou -4.5

Rationale: Home team usually gets 3 points 'credit' in betting circles and I think Mizzou should be favored by another point or two. Ergo, my 4.5 point spread.

Other than the usual barage of posts calling Mizzou names (Mizzery, Meth U, Missu are some), what do you think the spread will be?

No Mizzou won't get that many, that is close to what VT got. I am sorry but I don't think MU at home carries the same weight as VT at home.

MIZZOU vs NEBRASKA game?

I'm thinking Mizzou -4.5

Mizz is picked to win by 7.5 over NV this week and the line wasn't listed for Nebraska the other day. Should NU roll like they are picked to (usually why there is no line) and MU wins by just over a TD, you might see NU picked by a couple pts to win the game in Mizzou based on the fact that they aren't getting much respect in Vegas this week.

MIZZOU vs NEBRASKA game?

I'm thinking Mizzou -4.5

Hey, leggo my ergo. I'm thinking you may be right with Mizzou -4.5. I don't think Mizzou will win but if MU goes to Nevada and looks strong, then I can see the line settling here.