Bo's news conference

np_husker

I have no problem with the playcalling on that last defensive series. I hate prevent defense. They played the same they had all game. The could've been burned many times but tech just couldn't connect on passes.

:yeah I hated it when Osborne used to use it as much as I hate it now. You have to use what has gotten you to that point in the game and worked. We played aggressively up to that point, then we laid back, Suh knows he should have been more aggressive and said as much. But it is done and over...hopefully we learned something, like we need to be more aggressive in situations like that last drive...and play smart.

WOW what a tough loss!!!!!!!!

Very sad but not really suprised. I expected to loose. Just gotten used to it around here since TO retired.

Not sure where we go from here but this team lacks the same discipline that BC's team did.

I am not as much dissapointed with the loss as I am with the lack of concentration and discipline I thought things would be different under BP.

Very sad but not really suprised. I expected to loose. Just gotten used to it around here since TO retired.

Not sure where we go from here but this team lacks the same discipline that BC's team did.

I am not as much dissapointed with the loss as I am with the lack of concentration and discipline I thought things would be different under BP.

:laughpound BC's teams had discipline? Were we on the same board back then or wasn't that one of the biggest complaints about the players back then?

I just watched the news conference, and I have to say, I don't think he was especially out of line or rude with the media. He was curt, and clearly ticked off. But he was restrained and courteous. Didn't raise his voice, ended with a "thanks guys."

I think the criticism here is jumping the gun.

Different coaches have different styles. I think there was nothing wrong with how Bo handled it.

Just watched it myself and I would echoe your sentiments...

Ya lets be nice and all happy that you lost a game that you should've won.....makes a lot of sense....lets hire Callahan back. I'm glad that Bo was pissed at the press conference because we had the game won but a lot of football players for Nebraska didn't come to play football.

There was a lot of pressure on Bo's part because of this losing streak on the road to ranked opponents in the top 25 since 97' and haven't beat a team in the top 20 since 2005. There were a lot of sports anaylists, fans, players that had confidence in Nebraska to win this game and to have us lose in that fashion is kindof embarassing.

We had the game won for 58 minutes and had blown coverages and stupid penalties that cost us the game and thats unacceptable. Bo knows it, Tom knows it, and I know it. I hope that Bo lays it too the players come Monday and works their asses off come practice. I hope that the players learn from this and feed off of it to take it to everybody else on our schedule.

He better lay it to Watson for his "Genius" offense. Im sorry for beating on Watson so much, but for an "up & coming Head Coach", he needs to sack up & go for the throat when he has the chance. Correct me if Im wrong, but if we get a 1st down or 2, GAME OVER!!!!!!..........

:laughpound BC's teams had discipline? Were we on the same board back then or wasn't that one of the biggest complaints about the players back then?

Did you actually read my post before you responded??????????

If not read it again, especially this part "this team lacks the same discipline that BC's team did."

The boys deserve to get ran and ran hard.. they cant accept losses like that.. i hope Suh or some other leaders step up before the coaches and say "we cant accept this, we need to play better"

Suh doesnt need to do that. Lee needs to do that.

Well, i agree with what you are saying but Lee proved today he is not a leader, he plays well, we win.. Suh is a leader, and a quiet one at that.. if he gets vocal players WILL take note

Not every player needs to be a rah rah guy. Sometimes you need them to step up on the field not running your month. Suh did what he needed to do. He shed blocks, made tackles, and helped limit tyrod to negative yards rushing. Tonight Suh lead the team in tackles and pass breakups. That to me speaks more than yelling and screaming lets go guys.

I did not see Bo's presser as rude. He was asked what happened on the long pass. What's he gonna say, my safety shat his pants? To paraphrase, he said, you all saw it, why do I need to tell you what happened? He went on to say that everyone on the field was responsible for the loss, including the coaches. He also praised his team's effort. He was brusque, but honest. I think that the press and fans have come to expect that from him. Personally, I want to see him po'd after a loss. And yet nobody gets thrown under the bus.

Did you actually read my post before you responded??????????

If not read it again, especially this part "this team lacks the same discipline that BC's team did."

I did read it again. And again. And THEN I got it. Sounds like you were saying that this team lacks discipline, but BC's teams had discipline...

And to address other posts, from what I've heard Bo says in his other interviews, he certainly does take responsibility and puts blame on himself all the time. Didn't he say as much after many games last year? My recollection is that he took all the blame himself after the OU game.

I just watched the news conference, and I have to say, I don't think he was especially out of line or rude with the media. He was curt, and clearly ticked off. But he was restrained and courteous. Didn't raise his voice, ended with a "thanks guys."

Different coaches have different styles. I think there was nothing wrong with how Bo handled it.

:yeah Thread started without having seen the presser so its moot....

:yeah Thread started without having seen the presser so its moot....

moot or mute?