Bo's news conference

np_husker

If you can not be gracious in defeat do not show up. The VT team earned this based on his poor coaching so man up and quit acting like a 11 year old kid having a tantrum. The defeat was earned the hard way by lousy coaching at game time. There were defenders who deserved to be praised for playing their hearts out! This guy is not ready for a head coaching job!

Do you folks listen to questions these brilliant sports reporters are asking? "Coach what happened on the last play? Coach what did you think of the last play? Coach on the last play, My god do these morons really watch the game? I saw what happened right in my dam living room. Pelini eats and breathes NU football and you know this one hurt. Coach was simply showing the way the rest of the state was feeling.

Oh well, the media is already showing their prowess for asking stupid questions. Remember the classic after a poor practice "Coach did you tell the team that they had a poor practice? Get rid of these guys that are getting their journalism degrees from gumball machines because a good journalist asks the right questions to get the right answer.

I just watched the news conference, and I have to say, I don't think he was especially out of line or rude with the media. He was curt, and clearly ticked off. But he was restrained and courteous. Didn't raise his voice, ended with a "thanks guys."

I think the criticism here is jumping the gun.

Different coaches have different styles. I think there was nothing wrong with how Bo handled it.

:yeah Thread started without having seen the presser so its moot....

moot or mute?

moot is the right word

saw the interview.

it was bo being bo. short, curt and right to the point.

did he seem irritated? a little. but to be honest, the game did that to me too.

everyone should have known that's what we were getting with him.

Exactly

When he was being hired the quality that people tried to sell was him being fiery.

I wouldnt have a problem with his Post game if we was as futrated with stupid question after the first two wins. Take the good with the bad. Part of your Job as head coach is to sit and talk to media win or lose. We gave BC crap for not only talking down to the media but the fans as well. The media asked the same questions that people asked on this board from 6PM last night to the present.

If you can not be gracious in defeat do not show up. The VT team earned this based on his poor coaching so man up and quit acting like a 11 year old kid having a tantrum. The defeat was earned the hard way by lousy coaching at game time. There were defenders who deserved to be praised for playing their hearts out! This guy is not ready for a head coaching job!

Give me a break. He just had his heart torn out and was extremely pissed off, and these morons got the answers they deserved to their retarded questions.

What do you want-him to show up with a big f'ing grin on his face????????

I don't feel that he was ingracious, he was just clearly pissed off, and not at the press. That was his way of saying, hey, I'm not going to blame this loss on one player or one play. If he had said, "Umm, well my safeties forgot everything I taught them and let the receiver get behind them," I don't think anyone would be happy with that. First off, everybody saw what happened and secondly, Bo is protecting his players. I respect that. Come Monday, they are going to have to answer to him.

Edit: And he praised VA Tech for getting it done. How is that not gracious?

Don't get me wrong, I like Bo's passion, but these "morons" are just trying to do their job: reporting. I do not like how certain people talk down to them when they are just trying to get the coach's view.

Give me a break. He just had his heart torn out and was extremely pissed off, and these morons got the answers they deserved to their retarded questions.

i saw the press conference on Huskers.com

haha, i have to say i love how Bo walked in, sat down and said in firm voice "shoot, lets go.."

Its like he walks into a room to be interrogated and he shows no fear, just agitation that he wants to get this over with. haha

Man, Bo is great.

Anyone know where you can see it?

http://omaha.com/article/20090919/NEWS01/309199990

thanks for posting. i actually completely disagree with people writing that he acted rudely and unclassy. he was very matter of fact and stated what he thought the answers to the questions were. he didn't have any kind of meltdown (e.g. the jack-ass from OSU, denyy green, jim mora, etc.). however, if i was his wife i would be worried that he is going to "stroke-out" one of these times after a tough loss! like the itnensity, though. never sastisfied.

You know what he could have started with a brief statement praising the Huskers who played the best game of recent history.Where were the compliments to Suh or Crick or others like Asante and others. Absent so it seems sad to me it was conducted in such a manner.

You know what he could have started with a brief statement praising the Huskers who played the best game of recent history.Where were the compliments to Suh or Crick or others like Asante and others. Absent so it seems sad to me it was conducted in such a manner.

He's just not that kind of guy. If someone had asked him about the play of the guy's you mentioned he probably would have gave some compliments, but his thinking seems to be we didn't win so it doesn't really matter. Which is sort of true..

This is Bo guys. His heart is on sleeve.

No frills just a good old time Ball coach.

If you don't like it you will just have to learn to take the good with the bad so to speak.

Reminds me so much of Devany.

He did absolutely nothing wrong. It was a time to talk about the game and not players. It is easy to talk about how hard some worked when you win, not so much when you lose. That was a terrible way to lose a game, so hard fought.

In Bo we Trust!!!!!

Those questions they gave Bo Pelini were like listening to John Madden giving play by play.

"What happened there in the end of the game Coach?"

I can totally understand his response. Those types of questions are only given for sound bites. Bo Pelini throwing the headset made a statement. It meant to me, "We just gave it to them".

In all honesty, I'd love to hear the VT coach after the game. It should be like what Bobby Bowden said after the 1994 Orange Bowl. "Sometimes the better team doesn't always win the ballgame".

VT got damn lucky late in the game. Nebraska just needs to work on miscues and killing themselves with penalties and get the job done.