Cody Green's first start next Saturday?

Just wait until Tyler Gabbert gets here next year. People will be calling for Green to be benched and Gabbert to start at some point.

Lee isn't good enough, we need Green.

Bo isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

Helu isn't good enough, we needed Castille.

Watson isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

I've seen comments saying all of these in the past 16 hours. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Yep, Whatever didn't work, is what is not good enough. If NU had won, the whole game would have been genious and Lee's efforts not too bad.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Zac didn't play horrible, but he missed a lot of easy throws, and threw horribly down field.

Bad day at the office? Maybe. But if this is indicative of his performance against the majors, we lose 3 more minimum and no chance to play in the CCG.

If Cody Green brings you at least as much, then he should be your answer. I would doubt he delivers worse results at the position. So if you even remotely think he could be "the guy" this year, you give him the start against LL and see what happens. So what if he only knows 20 plays. That's all you are going to need anyway.

Lee's the man, but he was limping at the end of the game, Watson might of called one to many QB draws

Lee's the man, but he was limping at the end of the game, Watson might of called one to many QB draws

Yea, i didnt understand that, calling QB draw 3x in that series. I mean it was good call the first time, but did Watson believe that they wouldnt cover it from that point on. I know the running game was working, but i think we all expect Helu to run, not Lee. :)

Just wait until Tyler Gabbert gets here next year. People will be calling for Green to be benched and Gabbert to start at some point.

I've seen comments saying all of these in the past 16 hours. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Doesn't Lee have another year left?

Doesn't Lee have another year left?

Yes, next year is his Senior year, along with Washington.

Oh my god. Cody Green is nowhere near ready to be the starter. You have to know more than 15 plays first off. Even if it is a 9-4 season, it will be less than that number of wins with Green. He is simply not a better QB than Lee its that simple. Lee did have a bad game. If Holt hangs on to that ball or the pass to McNeil that I believe was a TD that got called back on that dreadful drive, if we didnt get a holding penalty people would not jump to this conclusion. If we would have won this thought would not jump into peoples minds.

The dude at huskerchatter.com did a pretty nice job of predicting stuff this weekend though.

I'm not against giving Green a package of plays, centering around the shotgun zone read play, and trying it out 2-3 drives against ULL. If he seems comfortable, we will be prepared to try it against Missouri if Zac has another meltdown. Because 37% passing and 2 INT will get us rocked against Mizzou. Gabbert is already a much better passer than Taylor.

I think he hurt his hand. Early to mid second quarter.

Not having game experience at this level was always a question about Zac. I honestly think he will rebound from this game. I am sure he learned a lot. My only concern now is he too much of gamer.

A lot of things caused this loss. Cody is farther from being ready than Zac and you will have lost all the experience that Zac has gained. If he is not hurt he will be our starter for the rest of the year.

As stated this is one of the toughest places in the country to play. First road start for a truly inexperienced QB is tough to say the least. If the coaches approach this game properly we will benefit from it. We played well enough to beat a much higher ranked team on their home field. We learned that Suh and Helu are for real. Our coaches should have made some learning steps on this game too.

I know not much positive to write home about as far as the win loss total, but the game showed we have come a long ways.

We have a game this Saturday, lets move forward to that as soon as possible, this one is in the barn, close the door and move on. Nothing can be done, no benefit can come from the conflict we are starting on this board. All Husker fans

Keep the Faith.

I certainly agree that it was not all Zac Lee's fault that the passing game was abysmal yesterday. The OL, recivers and the play calling all are called into question.

But all of this deterimination to continue to be absolutely certain that Lee is the Husker quarterback unless injured for the rest of the season reminds me of front office people claiming "He's our manager period"--usually a few days before they fire him. <_<

Let's face it, neither the Husker fans or the media is going to be silent about 11-30-2 games. If the same thing happens when we Missouri, all of that jive about "he's our quarterback period"--will go by the wayside . Now let's hope that doesn't happen but against the only legitimate team we've played it was a sorry passing offense. If it happens again I am confident Bo will change something--most likely the QB.

Should it happen it would be insane to continue doing the same things and expect a different result. On the other hand if we regroup and go into Columbia and defeat Misery, everyone will forget poor performance at VT. We can hope some changes in the passing game are made before Missouri even if it is not at QB.

Let's face it, neither the Husker fans or the media is going to be silent about 11-30-2 games. If the same thing happens when we Missouri, all of that jive about "he's our quarterback period"--will go by the wayside . Now let's hope that doesn't happen but against the only legitimate team we've played it was a sorry passing offense. If it happens again I am confident Bo will change something--most likely the QB.

The biggest difference between this game and the Missouri game is we won't be playing VA Tech's defense. IF Lee has a similar performance against Missouri, then we'll talk about replacing him. But if he does fine, we'll chalk this up to a pretty good effort by VT putting pressure on our passing game, and call this a learning experience for Lee.