Cody Green's first start next Saturday?

Admittedly I didn't read this whole thread, but I did see several references to the # of plays Green can run. I really didn't see any more than six run by Lee today. There was hand off to Helu, pitch to Helu, screen to Helu and three or four misbegotten QB draws. Oh and two interceptions.

:)

So you're assuming he ran every play he knows? <_<

Just wait until Tyler Gabbert gets here next year. People will be calling for Green to be benched and Gabbert to start at some point.

Lee isn't good enough, we need Green.

Bo isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

Helu isn't good enough, we needed Castille.

Watson isn't good enough, we need... whoever.

I've seen comments saying all of these in the past 16 hours. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Agreed. Ridiculous.

I ask this:

What do you expect from this team?

What do you expect from this Staff?

What did you expect from VaTech?

I think we saw our team play the hardest I have ever seen them play since Osborne left!!!!! I can ask no more of them.

I think we saw our coaches try every thing they could to win this game. I can ask no more of them

I think we saw one of the toughest defenses in the country on their home field get manhandled for 58 minutes.

I think we saw the beginning of a new attitude for this program, a new harder stronger version will appear.

I saw a lot of positives for this team and staff. Some times you have to get your ass beat to understand what it takes to win.

I am proud of what I saw on the field yesterday, not happy with the outcome by anymeans

I am not proud about what I am reading about our fans questioning every single facet of the game.

Throwing a young inexperienced QB under the buss like a rag doll.

Throwing Matt under the bus.

Complaing about our coach giving a heart felt answer to what happened

We are Nebraska fans, we are better than a lot of the stuff being put on here.

I get lamblasted every single game because I try to real in the enthusiasim.

Some of you are so much worse it is a joke.

Support your team win or lose.

I ask this:

I think we saw our team play the hardest I have ever seen them play since Osborne left!!!!! I can ask no more of them.

I think we saw our coaches try every thing they could to win this game. I can ask no more of them

I think we saw one of the toughest defenses in the country on their home field get manhandled for 58 minutes.

I think we saw the beginning of a new attitude for this program, a new harder stronger version will appear.

I saw a lot of positives for this team and staff. Some times you have to get your ass beat to understand what it takes to win.

I am proud of what I saw on the field yesterday, not happy with the outcome by anymeans

I am not proud about what I am reading about our fans questioning every single facet of the game.

+1!

I ask this:

+1!

+2 (times "were is that damn infinity key")!!!

3-1 rolling into conference schedule. That is what most people expected; because the Huskers played better than they were supposed to, people are upset(if it would have been an obvious loss, people would write "learn from it, go get the North". Be upset about the game, I AM, but don't be upset with this team please. In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

I don't get why people can't just ignore threads if they think they are so ridiculous, but whatev. I just pray that these players are as mad as we are for dropping that game and are ready to take on some more important big XII games. I think Lee will bounce back and hopefully be ready to take down Missouri. I want to see Burkhead get some carries against ULL too.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Zac didn't play horrible, but he missed a lot of easy throws, and threw horribly down field.

Bad day at the office? Maybe. But if this is indicative of his performance against the majors, we lose 3 more minimum and no chance to play in the CCG.

If Cody Green brings you at least as much, then he should be your answer. I would doubt he delivers worse results at the position. So if you even remotely think he could be "the guy" this year, you give him the start against LL and see what happens. So what if he only knows 20 plays. That's all you are going to need anyway.

Not happening

I don't get why people can't just ignore threads if they think they are so ridiculous, but whatev. I just pray that these players are as mad as we are for dropping that game and are ready to take on some more important big XII games. I think Lee will bounce back and hopefully be ready to take down Missouri. I want to see Burkhead get some carries against ULL too.

I keep wandering why they do not try Helu and Burkhead in the same backfield. I know Burkhead can throw the halfback pass.

In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

Even Helu, and Henery?

Henerey= not easy to find (got me)

Helu = I'm sure he missed a block somewhere, also from the towering view of my couch, he could have cut in instead of out (I believe in the 2nd qtr) and picked up the first. Instead we punted. Small things, small point differential.

This game reminds me of my High School Alumni. I graduated from Pierce, NE. Pierce lost to Boone Central in the finals in '01? (after my graduation) The loss happened after Pierce missed a game winning field goal by inches. The argument was if the game was played on a H.S. field, Pierce would have made the FG. My argument to my relatives and friends (which they did not like) was that if Pierce would have done a couple of things different, they wouldn't have had to count on a FG.

Unfortunately, fans remember the last few plays the most. What we need to remember and realize is that there was 58 minutes leading up to that last 2. Bring on ULL!!!!

In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

Even Helu, and Henery?

I agree they both had good games, but just for argument's sake...

Henery shanked his second punt for only 20 yards. Did VT get the FG on that drive?

Helu missed a few blocks in pass protection and missed a few running lanes.