Shatel's column

np_husker

How many people are going to start new threads concerning the VT game?

People start new threads any time an idea pops into their head. They never seem to bother glancing on the front page, even.

There was a time in the week or two before the season started that we had four different Cody Green threads on the front page, three of them within the first 15 topics. Apparently a lot of computers these days don't come with the Control+F function. :dunno

I have a novel concept, don't read them then.

How many people are going to start new threads concerning the VT game?

People start new threads any time an idea pops into their head. They never seem to bother glancing on the front page, even.

There was a time in the week or two before the season started that we had four different Cody Green threads on the front page, three of them within the first 15 topics. Apparently a lot of computers these days don't come with the Control+F function. :dunno

I have a novel concept, don't read them then.

Who says I do?

Still doesn't change the fact that people could be more circumspect about their posting. But whatever.

writer made grt pts, his job to ask questions and pellini's immature answers arn't reassuring to the fan base.

saw the holt replay, know the rule but as a practical matter, when is that not a catch? he got both feet in bounds, have rarely seen them call it anything but a catch. How can you let someone get behind you as a DB that late in the game? THAT will give you a hrt attack as a fan.

troubling for husker fans is the penalties and ineffective playcalling and Lee's execution. roy was rocking and they don't give him the ball, once in 3 downs? Huh? What happened to NU football?

So to sum up, Huskers have a lot of questions and do some things well, others notso much. You can say that about all three top teams in north. Lots of gray areas, glad they will play each other and answer the questions.

Tx has looked good but not grt, TT will be able to light up the scoreboard, question is, can you score enough on them? Baylor will be a challenging game in Waco. Will be an interesting strech of games.

writer made grt pts, his job to ask questions and pellini's immature answers arn't reassuring to the fan base

As a 1,897,000th part of the fan base, I do not agree with this assessment. :)

I'm going to agree with Knapplc. Put yourself in Bo's shoes and I bet that you would be upset after that loss and wouldn't want to answer the same dumb questions.

It boggles my mind that everybody praises Shawn Watson on his God like play calling but once we loss the gloves are off and people point fingers at Shawns bad play calling. I like Shawn Watson a lot and I hope that he stays with us and yes we could've ran the ball on 1st and goal but we threw the ball and got a TD but was called back because of a stupid holding call. Shawn Watson called a good call to get us a TD but it was called back.

writer made grt pts, his job to ask questions and pellini's immature answers arn't reassuring to the fan base

by writer I think he meant Tom Shatel...in which case that is certainly his job.

I am disagreeing with the underlined. ;)

by writer I think he meant Tom Shatel...in which case that is certainly his job.

I am disagreeing with the underlined. ;)

Oh, okay. :yeah would be appropriate here, I believe. Ya, now re-reading that does make sense. Got in a tiffy about our other little scuttle-butt I think and didn't follow my context clues lesson. :)

writer made grt pts, his job to ask questions and pellini's immature answers arn't reassuring to the fan base.

saw the holt replay, know the rule but as a practical matter, when is that not a catch? he got both feet in bounds, have rarely seen them call it anything but a catch. How can you let someone get behind you as a DB that late in the game? THAT will give you a hrt attack as a fan.

troubling for husker fans is the penalties and ineffective playcalling and Lee's execution. roy was rocking and they don't give him the ball, once in 3 downs? Huh? What happened to NU football?

So to sum up, Huskers have a lot of questions and do some things well, others notso much. You can say that about all three top teams in north. Lots of gray areas, glad they will play each other and answer the questions.

Tx has looked good but not grt, TT will be able to light up the scoreboard, question is, can you score enough on them? Baylor will be a challenging game in Waco. Will be an interesting strech of games.

Is this the Husker's own Tuff Tiger??

i love how the media feels so entitled.

pelini is here for one reason..... to win games. HE knows that.... that is part of the reason he is so emotional.

W's and L's get you fired.... not press conferences. I dont want Bo to be an all out jerk, but his concern should be getting W's and not worrying if he hurt some patsy reporters feelings

thanks and yes I agree with that sentiment :yeah

threads do get hijacked and become unnecessary personal attacks :madash:madash:madash:madash:facepalm:

I started this thread not to beat a dead horse but because I thought a well known sports writer in the state made some good points and I thought others might enjoy reading what he had to say. If you are annoyed by it, move on! Simple as that.