Why did Husker fans hate Sal so much?

tmfr15

Sal is Dead, Go Big Red!!!

Did this actually happen? I have heard it from CU fans, any body actually physically see it?

Did what happen?

Rumor has it that some Husker fans painted that on the overpass on the interstate after he died???

I don't know all the details and if it really happened.

not cool <_< i could see why they got upset then

Sal is Dead, Go Big Red!!!

Did this actually happen? I have heard it from CU fans, any body actually physically see it?

Did what happen?

Rumor has it that some Husker fans painted that on the overpass on the interstate after he died???

I don't know all the details and if it really happened.

Yes. Some also cheered it during NU vs. CU games following his death.

The sign was painted by NU fans.

The sign was painted by CU fans attempting to cast aspersions on NU fans.

The sign was painted by Elvis when he landed in his space ship.

The sign was painted by mermaids who took that left turn at Albuquerque.

The sign evolved that way in the wild.

There is no sign. Take the Blue Pill.

You know what all of these things have in common? Without witnesses or any kind of evidence, they're all equally likely to be true.

You know what all of these things have in common? Without witnesses or any kind of evidence, they're all equally likely to be true.

Just to make sure I follow, there is no evidence of this being done at all or just no evidence that it was definitely Husker fans?

Just to make sure I follow, there is no evidence of this being done at all or just no evidence that it was definitely Husker fans?

Not sure. I've never seen this sign, or a picture of this sign, or news articles about this sign, and I've searched and searched and searched for it. The only place I've ever seen it discussed as fact was on Buff message boards, and one person here (forget who) who said they saw it.

Regardless of whether there's evidence of it actually happening, there's ZERO evidence about who did it. Heck, it could have been KSU fans trying to stir up trouble. Pinning this on the Husker fan base is pretty flimsy. It wouldn't last a second in any kind of court.

Yes it was done. By whom? Nobody knows except those that did it. But yes, it did happen.

Yes it was done. By whom? Nobody knows except those that did it. But yes, it did happen.

And you know this because.... ? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just wondering why you say it happened because I've never seen any evidence of the incident.

Do you argue everything that you have no clue about? How do I know? I saw it. Sorry I didn't take pictures for you, but it was right there in red letters. I would have taken pictures from my cell phone but the camera in a cell phone was invented then.

Because you've not seen any evidence of anything means absolutely nothing.

Sorry to be snippy but with some people they are always looking for ways to refute the truth instead of just accepting it.

The Sal is Dead ...Go Big Red stuff is just as funny today as it was back then.

The rumor was it was on an over pass in out-state NE. I never saw that one however I did see the one in Omaha.

Do you argue everything that you have no clue about? How do I know? I saw it. Sorry I didn't take pictures for you, but it was right there in red letters. I would have taken pictures from my cell phone but the camera in a cell phone was invented then.

Because you've not seen any evidence of anything means absolutely nothing.

Sorry to be snippy but with some people they are always looking for ways to refute the truth instead of just accepting it.

The Sal is Dead ...Go Big Red stuff is just as funny today as it was back then.

The rumor was it was on an over pass in out-state NE. I never saw that one however I did see the one in Omaha.

Who's arguing? I'm asking for evidence. Lighten up, Francis.

Where in Omaha did you see this? I've never heard of this being painted in Omaha, only the rumored one out in rural NE.

Knapplc.

I remember seeing pictures of it. It was not on the over pass it was on the freeway as you drove over it. I also remember Tom apologizing for it I think.

There is nothing funny about it. It is sickening to show that little class then and now.

A young man died. Could be your son. We are above those type of remarks or actions. It truly makes us lower than any of their fans to think that it was appropriate or funny.

Disgust is the only word that describes some remarks made on here.