The polls are bullsh#t...nothing but conjecture and opinion of idiots that think they know it all. The people on this board could come up with a better poll than what is now showing in either the AP or the Coaches poll, and at the end of the year, I bet it would reflect more accurately than either of those, also.

The only difference with their polls and the one we could take is that they get paid the big bucks, and they are biased towards certain east and west coast conferences for the most part.

Both polls are an absolute joke! Preseason Hype and ESPN coverage (or any bigtime media coverage) influence everything. Iowa jumping to 13 in the AP is all a result of Penn St. being rated WAY too high to begin the year so the voter had to move Iowa ahead of PSU some how. Going from unranked to 13 is RIDICULOUS! Polls are RIDICULOUS. They should not begin until Week 4 or 5.

The latest cosgrove computer ranking has MU at 14 and Neb at 15. Not that computers are the best way but it takes the human equation out of it. It's pretty well known that most the coaches don't vote in the coaches poll, they have some grad assistant or someone do it for them. The AP is more of a popularity poll. That's what happens when you ask someones opinion, they are always subjective and have their favorites, deserving or not. As of today Sagarin computer system has MU at 22 and Neb at 25. The computers seem somewhat consistent anyway.

Any ranking that shows Missouri's SOS in the top 20 is a farce.

Both polls are an absolute joke! Preseason Hype and ESPN coverage (or any bigtime media coverage) influence everything. Iowa jumping to 13 in the AP is all a result of Penn St. being rated WAY too high to begin the year so the voter had to move Iowa ahead of PSU some how. Going from unranked to 13 is RIDICULOUS! Polls are RIDICULOUS. They should not begin until Week 4 or 5.

So...you don't think there should be early polls...but if there are early polls, voters have to stick with their picks and not move things around too much as they find out more about teams? That seems very contradictory. :dunno

And unrelated to this post, I think a lot of you are putting too much stock in a close loss. It's still a loss. The point is to win, not to come close. And dominating only between the 20s still leaves a lot of questions about a team.

I take a lot of hope into conference play based on how we played in the VT game, but I don't expect we should be highly rewarded in the polls for it. Let's win a big game or two, then I think we'll see we aren't going to be penalized too heavily for that loss.