Looking at the polls that just came out. Im still hurting from the VT game, but we be top ten team if we pulled of that win. I feel we are on our way back, but not a top ten team yet!!! I like were we are sitting right now. to much ball to be still played. We play 1 game at a time and if we progress thru the season like last. We will right in the hunt in the end. I have this feeling about this year..

Looking at the polls that just came out. Im still hurting from the VT game, but we be top ten team if we pulled of that win. I feel we are on our way back, but not a top ten team yet!!! I like were we are sitting right now. to much ball to be still played. We play 1 game at a time and if we progress thru the season like last. We will right in the hunt in the end. I have this feeling about this year..

We are #23, and Mizzou is still unranked, techinically #26. Cant believe Oregon jumped us to #16.

We are #23, and Mizzou is still unranked, techinically #26. Cant believe Oregon jumped us to #16.

what do you mean? they beat a cal team that lost to every decent team they played last season! wow.

I'm still amazed that Husker fans are surprised by this. As if the pollsters will wake up tomorrow and pull their heads out of their A's, or gain some actual perspective about CFB. This is standard fare for the Huskers!

Like it has been said a thousand times before, there is only one way to change that..................dc797220eca0110d3b4b6010.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The latest cosgrove computer ranking has MU at 14 and Neb at 15. Not that computers are the best way but it takes the human equation out of it. It's pretty well known that most the coaches don't vote in the coaches poll, they have some grad assistant or someone do it for them. The AP is more of a popularity poll. That's what happens when you ask someones opinion, they are always subjective and have their favorites, deserving or not. As of today Sagarin computer system has MU at 22 and Neb at 25. The computers seem somewhat consistent anyway.

We really do not have to worry about the polls all we have to do is win! If we win 8 in a row the polls will come around! As Bo says the season starts now! If these kids want it bad enough and will work hard for it the road is wide open! :restore:restore

Guess thats what I was getting at. I love where we are. Keeps us under the radar like always..lol I dont want to be top ten yet, way to early, just look what is happening every week someone falls. I dont want that to be us. I want to be there at the end of the season. I think the polls would good billboard material. let the team know they are good enough to be top ten, just have to take care of business.. GBR

The coaches poll is all screwed up. Explain to me how penn state is still ranked ahead of iowa. Hawkeyes 4-0 with the one impressive win against psu and penn has no impressive wins and is 3-1. Stupid preseason rankings. I also don't understand how michigan moves up two spots after squeaking a win against indiana.

Then of course Oklahoma state jumps up 4 spots after taking care of business against grambling st but we remain steady. Especially after the way vatech took out miami. At least in that poll we'll get more credit beating a ranked missouri team. :) (still silly to think about a signature win against missouri)