Nebraska #6 in the FoxSports power rankings

mattbri17

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/powerRankings

Why the ranking is too high: If you don't believe in Virginia Tech, then you don't give that much credit to a tough loss in Blacksburg. Basically, the Huskers lost to the one great team they played, and it won the Sun Belt title beating Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Louisiana.

Why the ranking is too low: Zac Lee is back. After a rough game against the Hokies, the Husker quarterback was back in last week's easy win. The defense is playing up to Bo Pelini standards allowing 28 points in four games.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/powerRankings

Why the ranking is too high: If you don't believe in Virginia Tech, then you don't give that much credit to a tough loss in Blacksburg. Basically, the Huskers lost to the one great team they played, and it won the Sun Belt title beating Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, and Louisiana.

Why the ranking is too low: Zac Lee is back. After a rough game against the Hokies, the Husker quarterback was back in last week's easy win. The defense is playing up to Bo Pelini standards allowing 28 points in four games.

Just ask Miami how hard it is to win in Blacksburg!

What does reality have to do with anything? Not to mention that reality is relative. In my reality, the Huskers are, always have been, and always will be the #1 football team in the college football.

What does reality have to do with a ranking system? Everything, if you want it to be credible. If you don't care about credibility then by all means put the Huskers at #1 and leave them there forever.

There is a difference between being #1 in reality and being #1 in your heart. Being #1 in your heart does not mean they are #1 in reality. :)

Rankings don't mean jack sh*t anyways. It's all speculation and what people think. Yes, there is some math involved, but that doesn't stop people in power from doing what they want to do with the polls.

there are just as many polls that have us top top (actually more) than there are polls that have us outside of the top 10.

i guess everyone else can see that we are good......except for a few husker fans! cmon, i still say that this is probably about right..

When ranking a team I look at it this way: can we honestly say that if Nebraska played 119 other schools, there are only 5 they would lose to/not be favored in? Cause I can think of more than five teams that would probably beat Nebraska right now.

Same reason I said that the CFN rankings after Week 4 were atrocious. USC at 18? Can you really say that there are 17 teams that are better than USC? No way in hell.

there are just as many polls that have us top top (actually more) than there are polls that have us outside of the top 10.

i guess everyone else can see that we are good......except for a few husker fans! cmon, i still say that this is probably about right..

When ranking a team I look at it this way: can we honestly say that if Nebraska played 119 other schools, there are only 5 they would lose to/not be favored in? Cause I can think of more than five teams that would probably beat Nebraska right now.

Same reason I said that the CFN rankings after Week 4 were atrocious. USC at 18? Can you really say that there are 17 teams that are better than USC? No way in hell.

yes i do think that there are 17 teams that could beat USC. frankly they have looked like crap this season. last season no, there were maybe 5 teams that could beat them but i wouldnt rank them above 20 from what i have seen.

and in regard to NU, i will say that i dont think i could find 10 teams that i think could beat us. maybe im wrong, but i have not been as impressed with many teams as i am with NU. and keep in mind that all teams have played patsies, not just us, so that argument really does not hold any water...

Would you have said WASHINGTON would beat USC? Oregon State? Stanford? Probably not. This is college football. Anything can happen on any given Wed, Thurs or Saturday. Again it is a "Power Ranking" not an AP poll.

#6? Even you guys don't think they are that high do you? Why worry about this silliness anyway, was MU the #1 team in the country two yrs ago, no they wern't and OU showed that in a short time.

Only time this means anything is when your ready to play for the big prize. Right now whether most polls place you at #24 or #25 or if MU is 20 something or thirysomething, doesn't mean squat. They are about to get to play games that mean something. What difference does a #6 ranking mean if you lose your next game? Nothing.

in a month you will know where you stand and wha the pecking order is in big 12. then it will mean something.