He's at it again!

I don't have a link as I heard it from Jim Rose on the radio. He stated that the organizers were very upset hearing that the Shrine Game wouldn't be played at Memorial Stadium after reading the Omaha World Herald article stating the game would be played elsewhere. I don't believe I ever stated that there was a link in the OWH speaking of some conspiracy.

Apparently, there was no communication from "Pud" to the organizers. This is what they are so upset about. Like I said, I heard it on Husker radio from the mouth of Jim Rose. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about? I mean he can't call games worth a sh#t, so maybe he gets his facts confused also.

I don't blame "Pud" or Pearlman for your road construction problems or for your dog or etc. However, I do blame these two idiots for sub par Men's Basketball and for the football problems we are faced with. I also blame primarily Pearlman for the HUGE drop in UNL attendance. I mean a 12 percent drop in one year is just unacceptable! In the end, if there is no school there is no team. At the time I was in college a decade ago, I thought I was attending one of the best colleges in America. Apparently, views have changed as no one wants to attend college there any longer. Since most of the students are native Nebraskans and we all know how Nebraskans are about football, I do place some of the blame on "Pud" for the drop in the school's attendance.

We may not be quite the laughing stock as Notre Dame is right now, but we're pretty damn close!

However, I do blame these two idiots for sub par Men's Basketball and for the football problems we are faced with.

Since most of the students are native Nebraskans and we all know how Nebraskans are about football, I do place some of the blame on "Pud" for the drop in the school's attendance.

Who hired Collier again? Actually if you think about it Pud has put more time into the Basketball program then $ Bill EVER did. I don't think if Barry has another bad year he will be around. Don't blame Collier's bad coaching/recruiting on Pud.

Why is Pud responsible for the drop in attendence? Doe he have anything to do with tiution increases? If kids picked their school(other then an actual player) on how good the sports programs are doing then maybe you could blame him. Nice try though dude. So with your logic USC should have the best attendence of any University.

Who hired Collier again? Actually if you think about it Pud has put more time into the Basketball program then $ Bill EVER did. I don't think if Barry has another bad year he will be around. Don't blame Collier's bad coaching/recruiting on Pud.

Now that Collier has had his recruiting handcuffs taken off, I think the Husker BB program will go nowhere but up. He was brought in to clean up the program, and he did it. Now we will see what kind of a coach he is, and I think he is a great one...I know several HS coaches in this state that loved the guy, and his record speaks for itself.

I can think of some reasons why attendence dropped. No one wants to stay in Nebraska anymore because the state doenst put any money into education. Were you aware that Nebraska is near the bottom of the list in teacher's salaries. That is the only thing that keeps the university affordable, but i keeps high profile, acknowledged proffesors away from the university. A school is like any other investment, you get what you give, and you can hardly blame Pederson for that, since we are the only big twelve school that doesnt use any tuition money for the athletic program.

I'm a grad student here at the U and I can think of a few reasons attendance has dropped. I think one of the biggest ones is the cutting of the budget for the school a couple years ago. We didn't get too much positive publicity around the state because we had to cut some programs to keep our heads above water. I have a little brother who would love to come to NU but he probably won't b/c he wants to major in athletic training, which is a major that is no longer offered.

Tuition has gone up considerably since I was a freshman in 2000. I think that last two years the net increase has been around 25% for in-state kids. There's plenty of financial aid available but some people would rather not take out loans that big to go to a school which, while it is a good and respected school, doesn't have the kind of name that can justify going into that much debt so early in life.

The board of regents has a member who's place on the board has been condemned due to illegal fund raising (sorry his name escapes me at the moment) yet he refuses to step down. Nebraska is great, but there's also just not as many job opportunities in-state once you graduate. All in all it just seems that we've gotten much more negative publicity than positive in the last few years. I don't think all that can be blamed on our AD, but i'd have to say much of the responsibility lies with the chancellor and the board of regents. just my 2 cents worth.