The National Championshp stolen by refs

Twodocs

Do you think the refs have gotten better over the years?

This play was brought up by Murtaugh on the Legends show on WOW? 590 am this am.

http://www.legendsradioshow.com/

Good show. This station is a strong signal and can be heard for a long distance every Sat morning I highly recommend if you can get it tune in. It may be streamed as well.

:wtf:wacko::angry:<_<

Stop. Please, just stop. "The refs stole the game!" Don't blame the refs. Please. They don't take or steal anything from anyone. Short of an official taking a bribe from a team or intentionally blowing calls in favor of one team, refs don't cost anyone anything. So please, just stop.

This play was brought up by Murtaugh on the Legends show on WOW? 590 am this am.

Good show. This station is a strong signal and can be heard for a long distance every Sat morning I highly recommend if you can get it tune in. It may be streamed as well.

Stop. Please, just stop. "The refs stole the game!" Don't blame the refs. Please. They don't take or steal anything from anyone. Short of an official taking a bribe from a team or intentionally blowing calls in favor of one team, refs don't cost anyone anything. So please, just stop.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you! All of us can think of many BAD! calls by refs over the years that have hurt many teams that should have won a game in any sport. Since we are talking about Nebraska, here are a few.

1. How about Texas in 03 (When Pelini was Defensive coach) we wouldn't have won the game. But, there was a catch we clearly made that was ruled incomplete.

2. As shown earlier, the Pen. St. game were the sideline seemed to grow about three feet so the catch that was clearly out of bounds was ruled good?

3. Also the 94 Orange Bowl, (93 season) there were two bad calls. A. the supposed illegal clipping call that no one has been able to ever find that cost us a touchdown. B. The fumble at the One yard line by Florida St. that we recovered and the refs ruled a touchdown for them.

So, yes refs are human but they can and do make some extremely bad calls that have hurt many teams in the past.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you! All of us can think of many BAD! calls by refs over the years that have hurt many teams that should have won a game in any sport. Since we are talking about Nebraska, here are a few.

1. How about Texas in 03 (When Pelini was Defensive coach) we wouldn't have won the game. But, there was a catch we clearly made that was ruled incomplete.

2. As shown earlier, the Pen. St. game were the sideline seemed to grow about three feet so the catch that was clearly out of bounds was ruled good?

3. Also the 94 Orange Bowl, (93 season) there were two bad calls. A. the supposed illegal clipping call that no one has been able to ever find that cost us a touchdown. B. The fumble at the One yard line by Florida St. that we recovered and the refs ruled a touchdown for them.

So, yes refs are human but they can and do make some extremely bad calls that have hurt many teams in the past.

Yes, they make bad calls. But please, stop with the "they stole this" or "we got robbed by the refs". And even a single horrible call is but one play out of more than 100 in a given game. Blaming the refs is petty and childish. Besides, I can think of a few plays to offset the examples you gave where the blown call was in our favor. When that happens, you don't often hear Nebraska fans saying, "Thank God the refs were on our side and stole that game for us."

Yes, they make bad calls. But please, stop with the "they stole this" or "we got robbed by the refs". And even a single horrible call is but one play out of more than 100 in a given game. Blaming the refs is petty and childish. Besides, I can think of a few plays to offset the examples you gave where the blown call was in our favor. When that happens, you don't often hear Nebraska fans saying, "Thank God the refs were on our side and stole that game for us."

I will fully agree we have had some bad calls that have favored us. Also, I don't believe most ref's do it on purpose so as to cost any one team a game. My only point is that they have cost teams a game in the past do to some very rediculous calls. Thankfully, now we have instant replay to overcome mistakes. By the way, isn't that why we have instant replay, because the NFL or the NCAA or who ever has realized that human error has cost teams games that should have won? Technically, to say we or they got robbed by the ref's isn't false. if a bad call costs a team a game, they did get robbed.

I will fully agree we have had some bad calls that have favored us. Also, I don't believe most ref's do it on purpose so as to cost any one team a game. My only point is that they have cost teams a game in the past do to some very rediculous calls. Thankfully, now we have instant replay to overcome mistakes. By the way, isn't that why we have instant replay, because the NFL or the NCAA or who ever has realized that human error has cost teams games that should have won? Technically, to say we or they got robbed by the ref's isn't false. if a bad call costs a team a game, they did get robbed.

oh yeah like instant replay at VT on Holt's catch for sure TD

I will fully agree we have had some bad calls that have favored us. Also, I don't believe most ref's do it on purpose so as to cost any one team a game. My only point is that they have cost teams a game in the past do to some very rediculous calls. Thankfully, now we have instant replay to overcome mistakes. By the way, isn't that why we have instant replay, because the NFL or the NCAA or who ever has realized that human error has cost teams games that should have won?

You mean like the human error of a guy dropping a pass?

The '94 Orange Bowl was lost when a 40-some yard field goal was missed. Nebraska also let FSU drive down the field in the last 2 minutes. The Penn St. game that started this thread was lost when Penn St. scored AFTER the play in the video. How many 3rd downs in that game did Nebraska miss? How many times could they have won without giving the refs a chance to miss a call?

Again let me make this perfectly clear: referees do NOT "cost teams games"!

I will fully agree we have had some bad calls that have favored us. Also, I don't believe most ref's do it on purpose so as to cost any one team a game. My only point is that they have cost teams a game in the past do to some very rediculous calls. Thankfully, now we have instant replay to overcome mistakes. By the way, isn't that why we have instant replay, because the NFL or the NCAA or who ever has realized that human error has cost teams games that should have won?

The '94 Orange Bowl was lost when a 40-some yard field goal was missed. Nebraska also let FSU drive down the field in the last 2 minutes. The Penn St. game that started this thread was lost when Penn St. scored AFTER the play in the video. How many 3rd downs in that game did Nebraska miss? How many times could they have won without giving the refs a chance to miss a call?

I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU! At least on your point that ref's don't do it on purpose. Seems like you are so hell bent on proving your point that you don't actually read my posts. But, all I am saying is that bad calls have costs us and other teams games many times. To deny that is pretty blind, again I don't think it is done on PURPOSE!

I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU! At least on your point that ref's don't do it on purpose. Seems like you are so hell bent on proving your point that you don't actually read my posts. But, all I am saying is that bad calls have costs us and other teams games many times. To deny that is pretty blind, again I don't think it is done on PURPOSE!

:yeah

I agree with you 100%