Oklahoma Tonight

Nebraska is a better team that what many on this forum are giving them credit for being. I swear the Oklahoma team that showed up last night in Miami would have surrendered a couple hundred yards to Helu in rushing alone. It wouldn't have mattered if our defense showed up either because their offense stunk the game up so badly with poorly executed play after poorly executed play. I actually felt embarrassed for OU.

Due to a combination of injuries and what I see as a waning work ethic/lack of mental focus, Oklahoma is weak this year. It doesn't show up against patsies, but it sure does when they're playing a moderately decent team. Their players are playing nowhere near up to their abilities, and that's precisely the difference between Pelini's team and Stoop's team. Stoop's team may have a few better athletes right now, but they aren't playing like it. In contrast, Pelini's athletes definitely are beginning to play up to their potential. They'll run through walls for these coaches.

On team speed....psst. News flash: Nebraska has speed too. They aren't a bunch of slugs like some of you seem to think they are. I've watched all 4 Nebraska games this year and I haven't seen anybody getting left in the dust because of a lack of speed. From being out of position--yes, lack of speed--no. I haven't been seeing the big runs around the corners on our D. In fact, I've seen nothing but good pursuit and gang-tackling as our D has evolved.

Oklahoma had better get its house in order pretty quickly, because if they don't, the Huskers are going to lay a world of hurt on them in Lincoln.

Oklahoma certainly has had some injuries and I guess you could make a case for lack of mental focus, I'm not so sure about work ethic, I guess I would have no way of knowing.

I totally agree with you about Nebraska's perceived lack of speed. We seem pretty fast. I've even seen some posts on other boards comparing our team speed to a Big Ten team and our offensive philosophy is three yards and a cloud of dust...I have no idea where they are coming from.

Does anybody think Nebraska has a better chance at Oklahoma now?

Hell yes they do. Anybody has a chance to beat Oklahoma when their starting QB is out. I think his name is Sam Bradley or something like that. He won some kind of trophy last year for being voted the best damn college football player in the entire country. Heineken trophy or something. Can't remember. BYU beat them. The over-rated over-hyped Killer Kandy Kanes beat them. Funny it's never mentioned that Oklahoma would be National Champs if the Sooners were healthy. Not to bash the Huskers but they could beat ANYBODY if the other team was all banged up including their best player... :rant

Does anybody think Nebraska has a better chance at Oklahoma now?

Hell yes they do. Anybody has a chance to beat Oklahoma when their starting QB is out. I think his name is Sam Bradley or something like that. He won some kind of trophy last year for being voted the best damn college football player in the entire country. Heineken trophy or something. Can't remember. BYU beat them. The over-rated over-hyped Killer Kandy Kanes beat them. Funny it's never mentioned that Oklahoma would be National Champs if the Sooners were healthy. Not to bash the Huskers but they could beat ANYBODY if the other team was all banged up including their best player... :rant

His name is Sam Bradford. He won the heisman trophy.

So does ayone think Bradford is regretting his choice to not go pro?

You betcha!

AGP: Always Go Pro

Why? Was he the #1 pick over Stafford? Just because he got hurt and OU isn't having a MNC season automatically means he regrets it? He'll come back this year and be just fine and go just as high in the draft.

Wrong. Teachercd is right, go pro when you can, take the money when you can, you can always go back to school. He came back because he wanted more chances to "hang with the guys, play PS2, eat pizza, sleep in"...he is kicking himself every second of every day right now and he has lost millions of dollars...guarantee it.

We are better on both lines IMO. I like our matchup with or without Bradford.

If your gonna get Ou.. this is the year.

Exactly. And right now the edge goes to NU. OU's O-line is still trying to gel. Their D-line is solid however with McCoy. But since our O-line is experienced, we should be able to keep their D-line at bay long enough for Lee to make a quick pass or Helu to gain a few yards on the ground. Time of Possession will be key in this game. Keep Bradford (or Landry) and Murray off the field and we win.

I wouldn't say Bradford is disappointed about his decision. He's probably enjoying the college life. The money will be their (even if he somehow gets a career ending injury he'll still have a diploma and learn to live comfortably with less money). Plus I was under the assumption that he's only a Junior (redshirt) and could come back again.

I wouldn't say Bradford is disappointed about his decision. He's probably enjoying the college life. The money will be their (even if he somehow gets a career ending injury he'll still have a diploma and learn to live comfortably with less money). Plus I was under the assumption that he's only a Junior (redshirt) and could come back again.

Not to mention a 3 million dollar insurance policy..............

All indications are he will be back NEXT year for his senior year........

He isn't any different for many of us who dreamed of playing for the huskers, if you were playing for the huskers and thought you had the ability to take them to a NC would you? Or would you go pro?

Not to mention a 3 million dollar insurance policy..............

All indications are he will be back NEXT year for his senior year........

He isn't any different for many of us who dreamed of playing for the huskers, if you were playing for the huskers and thought you had the ability to take them to a NC would you? Or would you go pro?

Go pro ASAP

So does ayone think Bradford is regretting his choice to not go pro?

You betcha!

AGP: Always Go Pro

Why? Was he the #1 pick over Stafford? Just because he got hurt and OU isn't having a MNC season automatically means he regrets it? He'll come back this year and be just fine and go just as high in the draft.

Wrong. Teachercd is right, go pro when you can, take the money when you can, you can always go back to school. He came back because he wanted more chances to "hang with the guys, play PS2, eat pizza, sleep in"...he is kicking himself every second of every day right now and he has lost millions of dollars...guarantee it.

are you guys all the same ones thinking Suh shoulda gone pro also? You think he is kicking himself at all? I'm hopin you guys are rethinking your "grow pro get the money" mentality...