Oklahoma Tonight

So does ayone think Bradford is regretting his choice to not go pro?

You betcha!

AGP: Always Go Pro

Why? Was he the #1 pick over Stafford? Just because he got hurt and OU isn't having a MNC season automatically means he regrets it? He'll come back this year and be just fine and go just as high in the draft.

I can't say for sure but im pretty sure his reasons for coming back had something to do with the Heisman and/or MNC.

Does anybody think Nebraska has a better chance at Oklahoma now?

No. Miami also has the speed to match up with OU. Nebraska doesn't.

Kinda like that superstar speed that FSU has right? Or that speed that helped Miami run all over the same Va Tech that we physically dominated the entire game? Speed doesn't make a difference unless it is disciplined enough to make a difference. They have to be able to go more than 5 plays without a penalty if they want to be really good. And next year? Sorry, but Landry wasn't the problem. The D is the problem, and the lack of Gresham. Gresham is probably the #1 reason OU is just okay this year.

Yeah. Recruiting boards and beyond, Axl has always seemed to have a hard on for speed. I mean, it's good, but there's more to it than that man.

:dunno

Kinda like that superstar speed that FSU has right? Or that speed that helped Miami run all over the same Va Tech that we physically dominated the entire game? Speed doesn't make a difference unless it is disciplined enough to make a difference. They have to be able to go more than 5 plays without a penalty if they want to be really good. And next year? Sorry, but Landry wasn't the problem. The D is the problem, and the lack of Gresham. Gresham is probably the #1 reason OU is just okay this year.

Yeah. Recruiting boards and beyond, Axl has always seemed to have a hard on for speed. I mean, it's good, but there's more to it than that man.

:dunno

So do i......in NCAA Football on 360..... That's about it

:laughpound Once again we are seeing the result of cutting the number of scholarships. I am going on record as saying that every team in the Big XII will have at least one loss before the Big XII Championship game. Parity is here...Texas has to play Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and us. One of the four will be at the top of their game, and Texas will have a bad day, giving that team an opportunity to win.

I am surprised that Oklahoma lost twice now...but they are a team that everyone gets pumped up to play, and wants to beat, just because they are supposedly one of the best in history.

I think we have a shot at beating them, if Bradford is a little off, our defense plays the perfect game, and our offense is hot while their defense maybe isn't so hot that day.

:hellloooo Let the stars align themselves, oh great football gods...Go Big Red!

:yeah

Very good points. The other thing that gets me, is hearing we don't have the team speed. We should be just as fast as any team in the Big 12, and match up with much of the country in that regards. I didn't see VT running away from any of our players. Did anyone else? I kept reading on here about how worried we should be about VT's "team" speed. Any games we lose from here on out, won't be due to someone else's Team Speed. That excuse is getting old.

:box:box:box

GBR!!!

Oh c'mon man. Nebraska is a very disciplined team. And I think that we beat people by being discipline and executing. All I'm saying is that we need a combo of both discipline/execution and raw talent/athleticism. You cannot coach or teach raw talent. If Bo had the players of FSU and they bought into his philosophy, FSU would be a national title contender right now.

Honestly, we can beat oklahoma. We have the schemes to do so. Do they have better athletes?? Of course they do. But that doesn't mean they can't get their asses handed to them. Give our boys some credit. V-tech has just as good of athletes as OU. And we let that one get away after shutting them down all day in their stadium. I honestly feel we can win out the rest of the year. It's not sipping kool-aid, I just feel confident. Our boys are playing well.

GBR!!!!

Oh c'mon man. Nebraska is a very disciplined team. And I think that we beat people by being discipline and executing. All I'm saying is that we need a combo of both discipline/execution and raw talent/athleticism. You cannot coach or teach raw talent. If Bo had the players of FSU and they bought into his philosophy, FSU would be a national title contender right now.

As homers we always think our athletes are better, smarter, faster than the competition and our coaches have a superior approach and as they said about Bear Bryant "The man can take 'hizzin's and bear yourins' or 'yourins' and beat hizzins'.

But right now we don't have the speed and athleticism, "talent" as you want to define it, of an Oklahoma or one of several of the Florida teams. And though Bo is a tremedous step forward for us; he is still learning as a HC. Obvisously he made a huge mistake and admitted it last year in the Misery game.

Right now we have to take the team we have and the coach we have and go beat one opponent that will in many ways make or break this season and either help us get some more talented athletes aboard or cause them to look elswhere. We don't have to worry about how we compare to the top teams in the country, because if we keep winning we will be one of them. If we lose we look stupid talking about it. Nobody is looking to steal our coach so lets hope he improves along with the team as time goes on. Right now all we have to do is BEAT MISERY. If we can't do that the argumennts will not be about how we fit in the elite. GBR

Nebraska is a better team that what many on this forum are giving them credit for being. I swear the Oklahoma team that showed up last night in Miami would have surrendered a couple hundred yards to Helu in rushing alone. It wouldn't have mattered if our defense showed up either because their offense stunk the game up so badly with poorly executed play after poorly executed play. I actually felt embarrassed for OU.

Due to a combination of injuries and what I see as a waning work ethic/lack of mental focus, Oklahoma is weak this year. It doesn't show up against patsies, but it sure does when they're playing a moderately decent team. Their players are playing nowhere near up to their abilities, and that's precisely the difference between Pelini's team and Stoop's team. Stoop's team may have a few better athletes right now, but they aren't playing like it. In contrast, Pelini's athletes definitely are beginning to play up to their potential. They'll run through walls for these coaches.

On team speed....psst. News flash: Nebraska has speed too. They aren't a bunch of slugs like some of you seem to think they are. I've watched all 4 Nebraska games this year and I haven't seen anybody getting left in the dust because of a lack of speed. From being out of position--yes, lack of speed--no. I haven't been seeing the big runs around the corners on our D. In fact, I've seen nothing but good pursuit and gang-tackling as our D has evolved.

Oklahoma had better get its house in order pretty quickly, because if they don't, the Huskers are going to lay a world of hurt on them in Lincoln.

I still can't really tell what kind of team we have. VaTech makes me think we might have a really really good team.........but after some of the beatings of recent years I am always worried about it.

In the same regards I don't really know what kind of a team miami is?

The right side of the OU line looks pretty weak. Having Bradford back will make lots of difference.

I still think we have a shot. I can't say I've felt that way in recent years.

:laughpound Once again we are seeing the result of cutting the number of scholarships. I am going on record as saying that every team in the Big XII will have at least one loss before the Big XII Championship game. Parity is here...Texas has to play Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and us. One of the four will be at the top of their game, and Texas will have a bad day, giving that team an opportunity to win.

Texas has to play us before the BIG 12 CG?

I'm going on record to say you should make sure what your talking about before you go on record about it. OU will be our toughest challenge and after last night. Id say we have a much better shot than we thought previously. #1 scoring defense in the nation. Lets keep it up. GBR

Did anyone watch Gerald McCoy or the entire OK d-line? I don't know if I should give credit to Miami's offensive line or what, but OU got manhandled in the trenches. I have to say McCoy is overrated compared to Suh's stats and the way Suh changes the game. I like our chances of owning the trenches against OU, but it will still be a tough game no doubt about it. Anyone else see OU's lines getting blown up or was I just so drunk I was seeing things? Thoughts?