I have a perfect example of why a lot of Mizzou fans tork me off...

"Nubs pull switcharoo in attempt to...

Posted on: October 7, 2009 at 00:14:23 CT

V-P MU Posts:124Member For:1.27 yrsLevel:UserM.O.B. Votes:0...throw off student antagonizers, staying at the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn tonight instead of the normal visiting team hotel, the Holidy Inn Exec Center.

Too bad we got them figured out. Nothing a few calls couldn't get figured out. Stupid rednecks.

Students... have at it and enjoy.

VP"

Over at the tigerboard.com, I live in a town in Illinois just outside of St.Louis, their all Mizzou fans. There all asses...plus i went over to this board to see what their thoughts were on the Husker game...This is what I come across....

Nice MU fan. And you have so much to brag about too. Just look at them Big 12 titles you have. You have more titles than KSU, wait, no you don't. Well you have more titles than CU, wait, no you don't. That's OK, you have more titles than NU, wait, no you don't. To be fair though, we must point out that you have two things that KU and ISU don't got.....a pair of azz kickings in the Big 12 title game. I still remember the MU fan who told me that Brad Smith would deliver a Big 12 title....then said, well Chase will definitely win one. Still waiting MU fan.

V-P MU Posts:124Member For:1.27 yrsLevel:UserM.O.B. Votes:0...throw off student antagonizers, staying at the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn tonight instead of the normal visiting team hotel, the Holidy Inn Exec Center.

Too bad we got them figured out. Nothing a few calls couldn't get figured out. Stupid rednecks.

VP"

Over at the tigerboard.com, I live in a town in Illinois just outside of St.Louis, their all Mizzou fans. There all asses...plus i went over to this board to see what their thoughts were on the Husker game...This is what I come across....

Why were you trolling on the Mizzou boards?

:hmmph

I don't see Missouri ever winning the Big 12

Missouri will win the Big XII when they hire a real defensive coordinator. They do well from time to time (I expect they'll do all right against Nebraska), but when they face a potent offense they absolutely collapse. You have to respect the direction their program is going, but I foresee a resurgent Nebraska long before Missouri takes the crown if their defensive woes aren't corrected.

It may involve a staff overhaul on that side of the ball.

I don't see Missouri ever winning the Big 12

Missouri will win the Big XII when they hire a real defensive coordinator. They do well from time to time (I expect they'll do all right against Nebraska), but when they face a potent offense they absolutely collapse. You have to respect the direction their program is going, but I foresee a resurgent Nebraska long before Missouri takes the crown if their defensive woes aren't corrected.

It may involve a staff overhaul on that side of the ball.

They told their Defensive Coordinator last year (Eberflus) to take a hike.

A new one in charge this year.

And unfortunately he takes nearly the same approach as Eberflus did.

They both subscribe to this "bend but don't break" philosophy the big difference so far

has been that Steckel's D hasn't broke yet, it still bends to the tune of Eberflus' D.

If Mizzou really wanted to be a legitimate contender in the Big 12 every year,

they need a DC who knows how to run a shut down type defense, and I doubt they

will ever get a guy like that into the program.

They both subscribe to this "bend but don't break" philosophy the big difference so far

has been that Steckel's D hasn't broke yet, it still bends to the tune of Eberflus' D.

That is probably true. Pinkels philosophy is, a win is a win. Be it by one point, or 50. When detractors say, you played it close against teams like Bowling Green, Nevada, etc. His answer is basically, so what, we won. All that matters is the W, not how close it was. He looks at it like a coach, not like a fan. I would bet your coach looks at it the same. Like Pinkel says, 55-0 is nice but not realistic week in, week out.

Just like his philosophy as treating noncon games as pre-season. Once the season starts, we open the play book. Again, I bet your coach does the same. In fact I know he does. Both teams will see different looks and formations that we haven't seen this season. The fans might not like it but if MU can get a win by a point, it is still a win and pinkel is quite satisfied by that.

Couldn't have said it better. They did promote in-house, did they not? We'll see how the season shakes out, but I'm not impressed with the Tiger D so far this year. Not at all.

That is probably true. Pinkels philosophy is, a win is a win. Be it by one point, or 50. When detractors say, you played it close against teams like Bowling Green, Nevada, etc. His answer is basically, so what, we won. All that matters is the W, not how close it was. He looks at it like a coach, not like a fan. I would bet your coach looks at it the same. Like Pinkel says, 55-0 is nice but not realistic week in, week out.

Just like his philosophy as treating noncon games as pre-season. Once the season starts, we open the play book. Again, I bet your coach does the same. In fact I know he does. Both teams will see different looks and formations that we haven't seen this season. The fans might not like it but if MU can get a win by a point, it is still a win and pinkel is quite satisfied by that.

No, he doesn't.

Couldn't have said it better. They did promote in-house, did they not? We'll see how the season shakes out, but I'm not impressed with the Tiger D so far this year. Not at all.

but they turned it around in '07 just as we played them remember we had such a potent offense and get held to 6 points to a horribly bad defense. What i think is this one will be close, watch for MU's defense to turn it up a notch tomorrow, they always do against us recently

VP"

Why were you trolling on the Mizzou boards?

:hmmph

First of all, I stated the reason why I was over there. I didn't make an account nor did I say anything, Why? Because I don't like to talk crap. I was simply saying why I despise some MU fans.