I have a perfect example of why a lot of Mizzou fans tork me off...

No, he doesn't.

Yeah, I bet he does. IF you guys happen to win and win by 1, do you think your coach is going to complain? I seriously doubt it, unless he feels heat from the fans and NU higher ups. Then he may act like they could have done better but in reality, if they could have, they would have. IF you win, just be glad you got it and move on to the next.

Yeah, I bet he does. IF you guys happen to win and win by 1, do you think your coach is going to complain? I seriously doubt it, unless he feels heat from the fans and NU higher ups. Then he may act like they could have done better but in reality, if they could have, they would have. IF you win, just be glad you got it and move on to the next.

Bo Pelini hates ONLY ONE thing more than the Dixie Chicks... and thats points scored by opposing offenses...

and Bo HATES the Dixie Chicks....

Would he be happy we won? Yes.... would he be Happy we won by one point? NO...

Makes sense to me

No, he doesn't.

Bo Pelini hates ONLY ONE thing more than the Dixie Chicks... and thats points scored by opposing offenses...

Makes sense to me

Okay, I gotcha. That is the apparent difference in the two coaches philosophies. Ours is to rack up points and just don't allow the other offense to outscore you. Yours is to play a strong defense and let the offense score enough to win. You can't loose if the other team scores 0. Should be fun.

Bo strives for perfection. So some wins are good enough and others aren't. Yeah he won't complain openly about the win but he'll address it with the players. Come on you know Pinkel does the same thing. Otherwise you would never improve.

I'm sure Pinkel does. I am just saying it is a difference in basic philosphy. Yours is more defensive minded. Pinkel and MU are more like the old Rams/Chiefs under Vermiel. As long as we can score more than our opponents, we win. The emphasis is placed on scoring points and offense. Whereas your team is more of a ball/clock control offense and the main thing is not to let the other team score, defense is king philosphy. I'm not disagreeing with that concept, if it were my team, that would be my way too. This will just show how good our offense is and how good your defense is.

No, he doesn't.

Makes sense to me

Okay, I gotcha. That is the apparent difference in the two coaches philosophies. Ours is to rack up points and just don't allow the other offense to outscore you. Yours is to play a strong defense and let the offense score enough to win. You can't loose if the other team scores 0. Should be fun.

Yes it will be fun.

But speak for yourself dawg. That's not our philosophy. Play strong defense, yes. Let? Let the offense score enough to win? Should step off that high horse you have. We want to score on every series. That's what we will try to do. Your little defense is going to have to stop us. NU's offense has been better than they have been over the past several years. The offense is just as important as the defense. We know we've been pretty lousy on defense.. post 2000. But check it out, this defense has improved quite a bit. Even has hitting, tackling, coverage, confidence and swagger that has been missing in the past. So while Tiger fans are thinking of last year and the year before, grab hold of your recliner and popcorn big boy... NU is favored to win on the road at Faurot Field for a reason.

Hell I'm just as confident in the Huskers winning as the Missouri fans are about their chances. But as much as I think its a straight pickem.. I'm not dogging MU's ability to score as many points as they can.

Just keeping it all on track.

They told their Defensive Coordinator last year (Eberflus) to take a hike.

A new one in charge this year.

And unfortunately he takes nearly the same approach as Eberflus did.

They both subscribe to this "bend but don't break" philosophy the big difference so far

has been that Steckel's D hasn't broke yet, it still bends to the tune of Eberflus' D.

If Mizzou really wanted to be a legitimate contender in the Big 12 every year,

they need a DC who knows how to run a shut down type defense, and I doubt they

will ever get a guy like that into the program.

Couldn't have said it better. They did promote in-house, did they not? We'll see how the season shakes out, but I'm not impressed with the Tiger D so far this year. Not at all.

but they turned it around in '07 just as we played them remember we had such a potent offense and get held to 6 points to a horribly bad defense. What i think is this one will be close, watch for MU's defense to turn it up a notch tomorrow, they always do against us recently

The 07 season might as well be forgotten. Watson's promotion changed our entire offense and for the better. Plus Keller was still quarterbacking at the time. Our offense didn't really do much except junk time screens to Marlon Lucky until Ganz came into the picture. Missouri's D stiffens against Nebraska––at least the past couple seasons––but really you have to take it on a case by case basis. The first I just pointed out, and last year we still hadn't quite figured ourselves out yet. Our offense improved as the season went on. I think we'll be playing on a similar level to the end of last season tomorrow night.

But of course, we'll see, won't we?

"Nubs pull switcharoo in attempt to...

Posted on: October 7, 2009 at 00:14:23 CT

V-P MU Posts:124Member For:1.27 yrsLevel:UserM.O.B. Votes:0...throw off student antagonizers, staying at the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn tonight instead of the normal visiting team hotel, the Holidy Inn Exec Center.

Too bad we got them figured out. Nothing a few calls couldn't get figured out. Stupid rednecks.

Students... have at it and enjoy.

VP"

Over at the tigerboard.com, I live in a town in Illinois just outside of St.Louis, their all Mizzou fans. There all asses...plus i went over to this board to see what their thoughts were on the Husker game...This is what I come across....

Why were you trolling on the Mizzou boards?

:hmmph

Why do you hang out on Husker boards? It seems like a colossal waste of time. Are you waiting for someone from this board to verify that you are backing a good team and it was all worth while? I honestly could not picture the circumstance that would reduce me to go to another teams message boards and go post there. I mean really.

V-P MU Posts:124Member For:1.27 yrsLevel:UserM.O.B. Votes:0...throw off student antagonizers, staying at the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn tonight instead of the normal visiting team hotel, the Holidy Inn Exec Center.

Too bad we got them figured out. Nothing a few calls couldn't get figured out. Stupid rednecks.

VP"

Over at the tigerboard.com, I live in a town in Illinois just outside of St.Louis, their all Mizzou fans. There all asses...plus i went over to this board to see what their thoughts were on the Husker game...This is what I come across....

Why do you hang out on Husker boards? It seems like a colossal waste of time. Are you waiting for someone from this board to verify that you are backing a good team and it was all worth while? I honestly could not picture the circumstance that would reduce me to go to another teams message boards and go post there. I mean really.

there are lots of folks addicted to message boards.

they post all over the place. friendly boards, hostile boards even boards with chicken pox.

not so unusual.

maybe when you get to 1000 posts you'll get it.

some boards even tolerate it!!

imagine that... freedom of speech.

Here's how I see it. Pickle's been at Mizzou for what 8 years or so? It wasn't until Nebraska fell completely off the D1 football radar that they reached a level they think is good. Instead of their talent coming our way, it has went to Pickle. Pickle can be easily compared to Clownahan in the fact that they spend too much effort recruiting and not nearly enough effort on coaching. Mizzou wins when they have much better talent than the other team. They struggle and lose when the other team has similar talent. He's not the worst coach in the Big 12, but he's nowhere near the top either.

First of all, I stated the reason why I was over there. I didn't make an account nor did I say anything, Why? Because I don't like to talk crap. I was simply saying why I despise some MU fans.

Dude....just relax.

I was only joking.

And what town do you live in?

I'm from St. Louis....curious if I've 'trolled' your area or not?!??!

VP"

I've been meaning to ask that, but I knew the answer. It is in BOLD.