Post game Mizzou look-a-like thread

Okay, so some of you don’t like the pictures that this guy posted…but come on. Sure, they are kids, but they are adult kids. I coached 11 year olds that unfortunately lost a city championship, and I wouldn’t let them cry. I am so sick of grown men getting emotional over a win or loss in a sports contest. Yes I love the Huskers. Yes Husker football is important to me. But players should be taught to hold their heads up…win or lose. They look weak and pathetic when they cry over a lost football game. I don’t blame the player; the coaches should teach these young men to be just that…young MEN. I am not saying it’s not okay for a man to cry, but not when you lose a football game. When a beloved family member passes…when you watch your newborn baby take its first breath…that’s when it’s okay to cry. NOT when you lose a game.

And P.S. There is nothing wrong with gloating. I am so sick of the sanctimonious lecturing people give out when someone has a little fun after a win. When you sit and listen to the trash talking for weeks preceding a game, what the H3LL is wrong with giving a little back when your team comes through.

Okay, now I will sit back and wait for all the holier-than-thou “That’s not how Husker fans act” replies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. We are supposed to have more “class” than that. But before you fire off those replies, I would like to let you all know that I don’t let someone else define class for me. It is classless to throw crap at opposing fans. It is classless to boo opposing players just because they are beating your team, but it is not classless to talk a little crap after a win. What really lacks class is when a bunch of yay-hoos come on here trying to pump themselves up by acting as though they are above it all. Here’s a news flash…nobody cares what you think.

:bonez

I suppose you like the idea of not keeping score and giving EVERYONE a participant trophy at the end of the season also?!?! :sarcasm

Celebrate mediocrity...today's society. Wait...now I'm going political. Scratch that.

Perhaps I am missing your point here. I think I was on your side. I think wining is important. But you don't let your players cry. That is weak and pathetic. You teach them to play hard and win. And if they lose, you have them hold their heads up, deal with the sting of losing, so they will come back and win the next time. My 11 year olds that lost the city title came back and won it a year later when they were 12 year olds. They didn't cry when they lost, but they remembered what it was like to come up a game short and didn't let it happen again.

Believe me, I am far from the "don't keep score, and give everyone a participation trophy" kind of guy.

Okay, so some of you don’t like the pictures that this guy posted…but come on. Sure, they are kids, but they are adult kids. I coached 11 year olds that unfortunately lost a city championship, and I wouldn’t let them cry. I am so sick of grown men getting emotional over a win or loss in a sports contest. Yes I love the Huskers. Yes Husker football is important to me. But players should be taught to hold their heads up…win or lose. They look weak and pathetic when they cry over a lost football game. I don’t blame the player; the coaches should teach these young men to be just that…young MEN. I am not saying it’s not okay for a man to cry, but not when you lose a football game. When a beloved family member passes…when you watch your newborn baby take its first breath…that’s when it’s okay to cry. NOT when you lose a game.

And P.S. There is nothing wrong with gloating. I am so sick of the sanctimonious lecturing people give out when someone has a little fun after a win. When you sit and listen to the trash talking for weeks preceding a game, what the H3LL is wrong with giving a little back when your team comes through.

Okay, now I will sit back and wait for all the holier-than-thou “That’s not how Husker fans act” replies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. We are supposed to have more “class” than that. But before you fire off those replies, I would like to let you all know that I don’t let someone else define class for me. It is classless to throw crap at opposing fans. It is classless to boo opposing players just because they are beating your team, but it is not classless to talk a little crap after a win. What really lacks class is when a bunch of yay-hoos come on here trying to pump themselves up by acting as though they are above it all. Here’s a news flash…nobody cares what you think.

I suppose you like the idea of not keeping score and giving EVERYONE a participant trophy at the end of the season also?!?! :sarcasm

Celebrate mediocrity...today's society. Wait...now I'm going political. Scratch that.

Perhaps I am missing your point here. I think I was on your side. I think wining is important. But you don't let your players cry. That is weak and pathetic. You teach them to play hard and win. And if they lose, you have them hold their heads up, deal with the sting of losing, so they will come back and win the next time. My 11 year olds that lost the city title came back and won it a year later when they were 12 year olds. They didn't cry when they lost, but they remembered what it was like to come up a game short and didn't let it happen again.

Believe me, I am far from the "don't keep score, and give everyone a participation trophy" kind of guy.

Bud...that's what the 'insert sarcasm' thingy is for.... :)

Bud...that's what the 'insert sarcasm' thingy is for.... :)

Cool, that's what I thougt, but I was not sure.

I knew it. It is as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. Here come the sanctimonious comments

"hey buddy, you can't tell me what's important", "you can't tell kids not to cry over football" You guys are as pathetic as the Mizzou player crying on the sideline.

And just looked at your info...so much better seeing that someone born in 1960 has same thoughts as someone in 1975....thought maybe only the 'kids' were OK with this....

I knew it. It is as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. Here come the sanctimonious comments

"hey buddy, you can't tell me what's important", "you can't tell kids not to cry over football" You guys are as pathetic as the Mizzou player crying on the sideline.

Blah blah blah

Do we really need to bicker over this? Haven't we driven this point into the ground yet? Or do we need to keep this going for a while.

This is so blown way out of proportion. Everyone calm down and let's just move on. Nobody is evil, nobody is horrible, OK?

Everyone. Relax.

We won the game. Remember?

I thought it was funny. It's not like CMB was going to send the picture to this guys family or a missou board. Um you weren't right? ;)

Are people upset over the pictures or they upset that their image might be tarnished by laughing? <_<

The crying guy is my cousin...of course I'm sending it to them. Aunt Ruthie is going to love it.

And just looked at your info...so much better seeing that someone born in 1960 has same thoughts as someone in 1975....thought maybe only the 'kids' were OK with this....

I truly believe kids need to understand what it means to win, and how to have class when you lose. I’ll never forget when we did win the city title, the other team was the clear favorite, and they were very cocky (which is okay with me), but after the game when we beat them and went to shake hands, the other team was crying and the eye black was running down their faces, and our kids couldn’t believe that they were acting like such a bunch of babies. Our boys didn’t rub it in, but at our championship celebration, it was a hot topic how silly those kids looked with the alligator tears dripping off their chins. I didn’t tell my kids that the other team was acting like babies, but my kids knew that that is not how you act when you lose a football game. And they were only 12 years old. I was very proud of my players for caring, for not ever wanting to settle for second place again, but not crying about it. I haven’t coached for a while now, and I don’t know where all those kids are, but I will bet you dollars to doughnuts that they don’t cry when they lose a football game. They learn from it, and vow to do everything in their power not to let it happen again. But don’t cry about it. Crying for losing a football game is pathetic.

I thought it was funny. It's not like CMB was going to send the picture to this guys family or a missou board. Um you weren't right? ;)

Are people upset over the pictures or they upset that their image might be tarnished by laughing? <_<

It must be that we're just emo, unmanly, pathetic, sanctimonious men. I'm sure there were some other descriptors in there (implied or not) from the manliest-man-ever's post that I forgot. My apologies.

It must be that we're just emo, unmanly, pathetic, sanctimonious men. I'm sure there were some other descriptors in there (implied or not) from the manliest-man-ever's post that I forgot. My apologies.

Thanks for the recognition. I’m glad somebody finally gets it....and if you thought something was implied...you are probably right. Now, lets have a :wasted and celebrate the victory!

I do feel bad for (most of) their players. The fans, not so much. SO glad to be done with the Mizzou fans for the year (minus Fro of course).

I think you touched on the key component in internet sports forums. Fans versus players. On this site, the greater majority of us are just fans, and there is a lot of banter between fans on an anonymous message board. So, I think when there are images generated of a competitor's "pain", we transfer the built up animosity to whatever opposing anonymous poster who is associated with the bearer of the pain.

with that said, "GUILTY AS CHARGED". The players aren't the ones spouting off, the fans are, so I naturally want to see those spouting off associated with the team who is crying. I have no problem with that.

In a neutral setting, I really appreciate good athletes at every level and great competition, and will absolutely acknowledge great athleticism (even if it goes against my favorite). However this one seemed a bit more personal based on recent past history, and for a few hours, I will definitely relish the psychological pain of an opponent captured on film. After the few hours, I'll start focusing on the next opponent, like the team will be.

several hours later ....

Now, bring on the Red Raiders. See, I enjoyed it for 5 minutes, now I'm on to the next challenge.