Zac Lee

epocSoN

Zac Lee  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm glad Zac got out of there with a win but I have a question that needs to be discussed in order for me to formulate an opinion about the rest of the year.

Zac has played SIGNIFICANTLY different between the two road games and the 3 home games. But the two road teams we DRASTICALLY better. So is it the away game, the opposition, or something else?

I'm not dogging on Lee here, I like him as a player but he has a lot of growing to do. The kid has heart, and for a team that has trying to find that after the C****** era, I'm proud to have him on the team.

GBR

I think he's just got some growing to do.

A lot of different situations there. VT was early in his career, just his third game as a starter, and he admittedly was too jacked up. They were also a strong D. Missouri, their D played solid and had speed a lot of the game, and plus it was raining heavily.

It was fun watching Lee's fire in the 4th quarter though. I think this was a big maturation day for him, there in that last quarter, and hopefully we're going to see him settle down and make more plays going forward.

I also think receiver play might be an issue here, but I don't know...our O has struggled, but so far it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what's the issue, given the rainstorm today.

I fail to see why he didn't run more. Just because you can't get 20 yds. doesn't mean you should pass up the easy 5-8 and then out of bounds. Maybe there were guys there and I just couldn't see them because of the camera angle. I believe he is relatively fast and to become more of a dual threat might open things up a bit so it is easier to throw.

He's showing improvement with each game and this can only add to his confidence.

It's not Lee. When the offensive line is against a quality defensive line, they don't give him the time to throw.

The offensive line is still a work in progress.

Gabbert didn't look good either. Blame it on the rain. I do think he needs a to run a little more and pick up the 5-7 yards when its there.

Two different Lee's. Against the Sun Belt teams he seemed liked a seasoned vet. I am still not sure if he can be the q/b to get the Husker's to the next level, yet. I told myself after last nights game that, maybe this is where he got over the hump and is ready to be that quality q/b the Huskers need. I do think the staff needs to get Cody ready in a hurry, just in case. We don't have any options right now, if Lee can't get it done. I would just hate to see Suh not get a shot at a Big 12 championship and a bcs game.

GBR!!!

One might say there was a slight difference in the quality of the opponents between the home and away games this year. ZL didn't play real well against VT, but still good enough to win the game. The major confounding factor in the road games this year has been the penalties, IMHO. ZL's fault? I think not. Even in Columbia, against a porous and talent-poor bunch of skirt-wearing, sideline bawling little girls, penalties took the huskers out of drives and consistently strangled opportunities. Though certainly no excuse, the weather was also a big factor last nite, fwiw. The huskers inability to run, pass, kick or throw nearly cost us the game against a bunch of crybaby, cheap-shotting, booger-eating d-bags.

2 things, the offensive line did not play well and he had trouble throwing a wet ball...on top of that, the early play calling from Watson was not very good, IMO.....when the qb is having trouble throwing the out patterns, you don't keep calling it...screen passes and shovel passes would have been a better call...

Bo said that it was more than a Zac Lee problem. But, thing got going as Niles Paul was notified that they were going to play some younger guys and Cody Green started warming up.

Git R Done or lose your position! Niles Paul came threough big time.

Zac Lee was a victim of drops and weather. But in the end he got it done. Gabbert had the same poor results and he leads the nation in pass effiency with zero interceptions!

Probably a weather factor more than anything in this instance. I remember a Monday Night Football game 'twixt the Broncos and the Pack when it was snowing and Elway couldn't throw the ball. It kept slipping out of his hand. Announcers couldn't believe he ahd played so long in Denver and this just came up. Elway said he had small hands and had trouble gripping wet balls:). Go figure.

The next road game will tell more.

It's not Lee. When the offensive line is against a quality defensive line, they don't give him the time to throw.

The offensive line is still a work in progress.

I don't think the offensive line was that bad. It was discussed that Mizzou has some very quick LB's, and we havent seen that this year. It's actually quite amazing that we knew Mizzou was going to try to put pressure on Lee, and yet he walked away with NO INT'S and ONLY 1 SACK. Plus there was the bad snap that Mizzou recovered, which i thought Lee had.

Lee threw the ball well, it a very wet environment, there we times that i saw the ball was soaking wet, you can always tell when you see dark patches starting to show up on the ball. I didnt see the ball thrown in a position for the talented secondary of Mizzou to pick it off, it was either thrown out of bounds, a little overthrown, or his WR's wre unable to catch the ball. Most of the catches i saw the WR's make were thrown with a little air under it.

Going into this game, i expected NU to come out and take charge of the game from the 1st Quarter, that didn't happen due to inconsistency from the offense, and inablility to adapt to Mizzou's Defense gameplan on our running game. Then there was the fact that we started to shed away from the running game too soon and it seemed that we tried to pass, i thought we learned that lesson from VaTech?

By the 3rd quarter i had my head down, thinking to myself, this is going just like the damn VaTech, cept worse.

But this is where Lee and offense took a step in the right direction, and it started with the 56yd td pass to Niles Paul. So yes, the offense was a little late in getting into this game, and it fell on the defense to keep us in the game. Lee and the offense took a little step last night against Mizzou. But it wasn't the big step i was looking for or that they need.

Lee and offense played Texas Tech at home, i have no doubt that once again our defense will come to play with A+ attitude. But the biggest question is, will the offense show up?