Mizzou's Lone Touchdown

beanman

New poster and long time lurker here. Not much has been said(or at least I haven't seen it) about Mizzou's touchdown to end the first half. First off, I am pretty certain this wasn't a touchdown and snapped this shot from the game, which to me shows the ball just shy of the goal line. To me it shouldn't have come close to happening if Watson would have run it 3 straight times at Mizzou and forced Pinkle to use up his timeouts or at least run some more time off the clock. Some of his playcalling puzzled me to say the least.

I was surprised ESPN did not replay it that much. Tough to over rule the initial call...from what I have seen looks like 50 / 50...flip a coin...I just can't tell...so they stuck with the call. Great picture. If anyone else has a picture or more conclusive evidence, would love to see it.

I was surprised ESPN did not replay it that much. Tough to over rule the initial call...from what I have seen looks like 50 / 50...flip a coin...I just can't tell...so they stuck with the call. Great picture. If anyone else has a picture or more conclusive evidence, would love to see it.

Looks clear to me as day that the ball isn't at the goal line. The real question is... Is his knee really down. I think that is what prevented it from being overrulled. But anyway... Time for my first rabbit with a pancake. :moreinteresting

No way to overturn it, you can't see the nose of the ball, and his knee still looks to be an inch off the ground to me in that frame. It has to be conclusive to overturn, and it wasn't.

PS- We won, who cares? :clap

Yes, difficult to see the exact position of the ball but can guess that it is not quite at goal line. Knee looks down. Still too inconclusive to tell but I was surprised they didn't show it more or spend more time on the review. I think the more they looked, then perhaps they were going to have to go back and reverse it. If it was not 4th down and no clock...maybe they reverse it as MU would still have chance...I think they thought it was too big a call to reverse and it was extremely close. Who knows? We did win, so not going to lose sleep. ;)

ESPN barely replayed ANYTHING. God, that frustrated me. Whether it was holding, pass interference, offside, a close catch, there weren't nearly enough replays. Possibly because of Missouri's fast-paced offense, but I was getting upset, I might as well have watched from an electricity-less Missouri dorm-room.

ESPN barely replayed ANYTHING. God, that frustrated me. Whether it was holding, pass interference, offside, a close catch, there weren't nearly enough replays. Possibly because of Missouri's fast-paced offense, but I was getting upset, I might as well have watched from an electricity-less Missouri dorm-room.

Glad another person brought this up, cause I was thinking the same thing, but hadn't seen it all day today. I was kinda unimpressed with the replays during the game myself.

Glad another person brought this up, cause I was thinking the same thing, but hadn't seen it all day today. I was kinda unimpressed with the replays during the game myself.

The entire ESPN broadcast was the definition of mediocrity. Maybe that's being kind. Fowler and Co didn't know the names of players, including the best player on the field in Suh. The replays were horrible. And I don't know how many times they blathered on about how "Mizzou is playing with a chip on their shoulder/something to prove/blah blah blah," but after the three thousandth time, I was praying that the audio would short out.

ESPN was a joke Thursday night to put it lightly. They really need to rethink their strategy on replays, enunciation's, and such, as Palmer, Fowler, and Company really struggled. The play clearly shows that it wasn't a touchdown, but Gabbert and the Tiggers get it anyway. Oh well we won the game, in thrilling fashion.

Go Big Red

Speaking of replays, I was watching OSO-TAMU on Fox and they showed replays within seconds of the play happening. I was impressed. That's the beauty of tv games in the first place, right?

To me, this picture looks clear as day that the ball is about 2 inches from the goal line and Gabbert's knee is down.

But I can understand why the call wasn't made. Like another poster said, if they had ruled it not a touchdown it probably would have stayed that way.