Is Suh the best D player ever to come out of Nebraska?

Husker66

Add a vote for Mike Brown. If you focused on him, he was in on just about every tackle on every part of the field. If not in on the actual tackle, he was right there.

As for Suh, he's not the greatest until this season is over. He has this kind of performance in the Big 12 title game and we win and/or in a big bowl game, then we can talk.

We've had some great ones through the years. George Andrews, Wonder Mounds, Rich Glover, Mike Brown, ect., ect., my personal favorite for the last few years has been Terrell Farley. I am certainly not in any way saying anything against Dominator Suh, I guess what I'm trying to say is that its hard to single out the best ever when specific positions require different skills. Right now Suh is the man.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Depends on his career after Nebraska. When you say best player to "come out of", a lot depends on what happens after he comes out of Nebraska.

aka... it's to early to tell. If he leads us to a BCS game, there is a fantastic chance that he could be considered one of the best yes. Follow it up with a long successful career in the NFL and I think he would be.

I have seen them all play, there is only one on the same level, and that was Rich Glover. He was our best defensive player ever, and in my mind Mr. Suh is overtaking him. I will not say he is at this time, I too want to see the rest of the season, but if it continous like it is now. He would get my vote over all the others by a land slide, no question.

We are seeing history in Mr Suh guys, he is very special and has little help around him and hardly any offense to keep him off the field and fresh.

And I think you have to give a lot of credit to the Pelini brothers. Wonder where Suh would be if they had not come along. words do not describe what he is doing right now.

This

Honestly, he probably would have transferred.... He needed the coaching, not only to get better for the team but for himself. He wanted to learn more and become better and the former coachs just weren't geting it done. (or anything for that matter) Not bad coaching... no coaching, even apon request.

We are seeing history in Mr Suh guys, he is very special and has little help around him and hardly any offense to keep him off the field and fresh.

Are you serious? We have the best front four in the country, and one of the top 3 defenses in the country.

:bang:bang:bang:bang

:yeah

And on top of the d line our corners and safties are playing lights out. Look at the games this year. They have been hung out to dry and still haveing huge games. In almost every game this year, oposing QBs had all day to find an open receiver (by design at times, VT) and couldn't. Our D can be very very good and they are young..... scary for anyone on our schedule.

Suh could end up as one of the best. Right now I would still go with Rich Glover.

Outland Winner

Lombardi Winner

2 Time Consensus All American

3rd in Heisman voting

Big Eight Defensive Player-of-the-Year

First team DT on S.I. All Century Team

22 Total Tackles vs OU's All American center in 1971 Game of Century

I have seen them all play, there is only one on the same level, and that was Rich Glover. He was our best defensive player ever, and in my mind Mr. Suh is overtaking him. I will not say he is at this time, I too want to see the rest of the season, but if it continous like it is now. He would get my vote over all the others by a land slide, no question.

I disagree. I think our DE are average, but Crick is a stud.

What do you remember about Larry Jacobson?

I was in grade school when he played, and don't remember seeing him play..but he used to get a lot of mention when people were talking about "best ever".

There's much better tv coverage now, where you never used to even see linemen before..now with the better cameras and HD you can even see player's expressions and actually see QB's blow snot-bubbles after a great hit..

I'm impressed with Suh's "hand work" while fighting off blocks..he doesn't ever take plays off..

Not sure if this was already posted or not, but...

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/49...stickers-week-6

"Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh: Produced six tackles (five solo, one assist), forced a fumble, notched a sack, produced a pass deflection and produced a huge interception to spark Nebraska’s 27-12 victory over Missouri. It was a performance that Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini called the best he had ever seen a defensive lineman have. "