Not impressed with KU.

MVPujols

Ill give them Southern Miss. A bad game on defense, but they still pull it out. One week later, same stuff with Iowa State. Come on. I dont think this KU team is all that great. With that said, do you think we win the north? I like our chances now, for sure with the head to head W vs Missouri.

I have liked our chances to win the North since before the season started.

I figured the KU defense would begin to struggle a bit at some point. I personally expected them to start playing a lot better considering the gauntlet of South teams they have to face soon.

So far, Nebraska has proved that they are the team to beat. This may be subject to change, but Nebraska has played two teams that have been a great judge of talent for them. They lost by one point to the current #5 team in the nation that just absolutely trounced Boston College and beat a good Miami team.

Then, Nebraska went on to beat an MU team 27-12 in the fourth quarter, in a game where I think if the weather hadn't been an issue we could have possibly won 45-18 or something like that.

So far, KU has played nobody worth discussing and just played a very close game with an Iowa State team that is going to be bowl ineligible this year.

We still have a lot of football left to go, but if Nebraska continues to play the way they are defensively and if the offense can start out a bit quicker on the road, we will win the North outright.

Watching Reesing pick ISU appart may lead some KU fans *cough* jayhawker *cough* to believe that Reesing will be able to pick every defense appart. However, ISU's DLine was getting no push whatsoever, Reesing had all the time he needed to pick their D appart. That wont happen against Nebraska, not with Big #93 in there.

And then, if we beat Kansas, then we win the North. Simple as that. Tough to lose the north when you have the tiebreaker with Missouri AND Kansas.

I like NU's chances to beat KU. What I'm not the most comfortable with is the game plan and play calling we'll get from Watson.

Couple of things I think about that:

There were a lot of plays called where Lee just did not make smart decisions throwing the football, the WR dropped the ball, or he just made a bad throw. Football plays are designed to score touchdowns, and if players don't execute then those plays don't work.

That being said, I still think Watson should have tried a bit harder with the running game. It was obvious that nothing was happening on some of those drives, yet Watson continued to run on obvious running downs or just throw in three straight pass plays and we'd end up three and outing. IMHO, he might have success if he tries doing three straight run plays instead of mixing it up all the time like he does. It's almost kind of predictable what is going to happen.

I like NU's chances to beat KU. What I'm not the most comfortable with is the game plan and play calling we'll get from Watson.

The play calling is fine. Execution is the problem

No, the play calling wasn't fine. Had it been fine people that know football would be saying that the play calling was fine - instead of slamming it.

Execution being the problem......Man that sounds like the crap we heard from Callahan.

I don't think the playcalling was fine. The recievers were dropping balls and the punt return team was dropping balls and our qb was having a tough time throwing...all due to the weather! Plus we run the option? Are you kidding me. It's like Watson wanted to call every play that had the biggest risk of failure. The option worked once or twice but I was cringing each time (don't pitch, don't pitch...catch it catch it).