Not impressed with KU.

MVPujols

KU's defense looks BAD, or ISU is better than we thought, or both. But KU does have great passing attack, that Briscoe is a real weapon and NFL talent IMO.

I would love to say that ISU is better than we thought. However considering they lost to KSU pretty speak for that.

KU has some talent. However, just like with MU, NU can get to KU's QB and disupt his timing and more.

KU's defense looks BAD, or ISU is better than we thought, or both. But KU does have great passing attack, that Briscoe is a real weapon and NFL talent IMO.

I would love to say that ISU is better than we thought. However considering they lost to KSU pretty speak for that.

KU has some talent. However, just like with MU, NU can get to KU's QB and disupt his timing and more.

Agreed, I think Reesing may get more banged up this year than he did last year and that was bad how we man-handled him last year. Can't wait for the KU game this year :)

I think NU will have a good chance to win the North. I think our defense can take on the likes of UT and OU and give us a chance to win the big 12.

Yeah I'm also confident that our defense could anchor us to the Big 12 title game and help us win it over Texas. I know for a fact I will be there in Dallas for sure if we make it to the Big 12 title game.

I guess I am just not as (over)confident as the rest of you. Until we can get the offense untracked (let's not argue whether it's on track or untracked), we can't count on anything. We have spent 7 out of 8 quarters unable to score a td against anyone we can call actual competition. I'm tempted to put a fork in Missouri with the schedule they have plus the gimpy Gabbert. Kansas still has as good a chance as we do.

I watched the KU game today. I think ISU is better than you think. If that last pass is on the mark, the ISU reciever was wide open and ISU wins. KU's defense is pourous at best..probably not as good as MU's. they get gutted on the run and thrown on at will. if you can run and pass, they are screwed.... just like Duke and everyone else they played has done. The do have a hell of a passing game and if Sharp is healthy, they will run.

Our d will set up camp in their backfield. Suh is going to put on a clinic against that soft, young interior line. invite your kids and friends for the exposition

BUT.... if our O does not score and we play like we did for 3 quarters(I know ,I know, the weather), we lose 10-6 or some kind of low score. I love our D, but I am very sober about our O. play calling and execution. quarterback and depth at skill positions. I am as big a fan as any, but our O has flashes of excellence but a lot of inconsistency against better talent. Hopefully we get that worked out soon. I would like to see us run A LOT more. We will lose in conference playing 1 quarter per game on O.

I didn't think KU was all that great a pick to win the North either. I still think it's the Huskers to lose. Our game next week with Tech will probably be key. The Squawks next "weak" have basically their last 6th easy game in a row, however it's @ Colorado. K State could be considered easy also but it is in Manhatten and an instate rival (the Clones were supposed to be easy!). After next week it's the Sooners, @Tech, @K State, Nebraska, @ Texas and Mizzou. Hopefully they'll enjoy next weekend as they probably will only have 1 more win the rest of the season.

That's the thing. The schedule is brutal. They have no defense. By the way, how many head coaches in the big twelve are defensive minded like ours? What a recruiting advantage that is. Anyone can grab some playmakers and sling the ball around (ala texas tech) but it takes defense to win big. Show me one big 12 champ that didn't have a good defense.

Now that Nebraska is done with the coaching carosel, the other north teams will probably just fall back into place. Someone had to take the top spot while NU was down but no one could. CU and missouri were the only teams to get to the title game after kstate collapsed and NU walked away from everything. No one could capitalize. It was just which team would get clobbered in the title game.