BCS

My post about notre dame was intended to be sarcastic. I think they could easily lose 4 more games and should be 1-4 right now. It disgust me to see the coverage they receive and credit given to them where it isn't deserved. Watching the interviews after the Michigan game you wouldve thought they were playin a nc game. Soon came to find out that's not true.

Texas goes to the BCS title game and we go the Cotton unless we beat Texas in the BBS then it would be us in the national title game and Texas in the cotton. The other question who in the sec goes to the Cotton?

The future football bowl lineup for the Big 12 has undergone more of a minor tuneup than a major overhaul.

For the 2010 through 2013 seasons, the Big 12 has secured seven bowl slots — one less than for the past four seasons — though an eighth bowl is being pursued, Commissioner Dan Beebe said Tuesday.

The selection order also has changed slightly, due to higher payouts from the Alamo and Insight Bowls.

Beebe said the non-BCS bowl payouts are 33 percent higher annually than in the last round of bowl agreements.

The new order starting next season:

1. BCS automatic bid (Fiesta Bowl or BCS title game).

2. Cotton Bowl in Dallas vs. SEC.

3. Alamo Bowl in San Antonio vs. Pac-10.

4. Insight Bowl in Tempe, Ariz., vs. Big Ten.

5. Holiday Bowl in San Diego vs. Pac-10.

6. Texas Bowl in Houston vs. Big Ten.

7. New York Yankees Bowl vs. Big Ten.

Gone are tie-ins with the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.; the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas; and the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.

For this season, the order is 1, BCS game; 2, Cotton; 3, Holiday; 4, Alamo; 5, Sun; 6, Insight; 7, Independence; 8, Texas.

Texas goes to the BCS title game and we go the Cotton unless we beat Texas in the BBS then it would be us in the national title game and Texas in the cotton. The other question who in the sec goes to the Cotton?

The future football bowl lineup for the Big 12 has undergone more of a minor tuneup than a major overhaul.

For the 2010 through 2013 seasons, the Big 12 has secured seven bowl slots — one less than for the past four seasons — though an eighth bowl is being pursued, Commissioner Dan Beebe said Tuesday.

The selection order also has changed slightly, due to higher payouts from the Alamo and Insight Bowls.

Beebe said the non-BCS bowl payouts are 33 percent higher annually than in the last round of bowl agreements.

Gone are tie-ins with the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.; the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas; and the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La.

For this season, the order is 1, BCS game; 2, Cotton; 3, Holiday; 4, Alamo; 5, Sun; 6, Insight; 7, Independence; 8, Texas.

New York Yankee's bowl? Wtf?

No way. If we win the Big 12 and beat an undefeated Texas we could go to the title game, but there is no way Texas doesn't go to a BCS bowl. No way in hell.

Im not a big fan of the BCS rankings or bowls, im one of the people for the playoff system. But besides all that, the BCS polls come out October 18th, if we win this weekend against Texas Tech, where does everyone think we will rank and what bowl do you project we will make it too?

Since the media, ESPN, pollsters, etc all hate Nebraska I think we will drop out of the top 25. They will probably rank the Huskers about 100th. As far as a bowl, I doubt anyone will invite us because they all hate us too... :angry:

Im not a big fan of the BCS rankings or bowls, im one of the people for the playoff system. But besides all that, the BCS polls come out October 18th, if we win this weekend against Texas Tech, where does everyone think we will rank and what bowl do you project we will make it too?

Since the media, ESPN, pollsters, etc all hate Nebraska I think we will drop out of the top 25. They will probably rank the Huskers about 100th. As far as a bowl, I doubt anyone will invite us because they all hate us too... :angry:

:boxosoap:dumdum

There is no way that two non BCS schools make it into these games. If TCU wins out, they are in and Boise is out. They will pass Boise, especially after how they performed yesterday.

If you really think an 11-2 Nebraska team that has potential losses to two teams in the BCS that are conference champions wouldn't make it as at-large, in a down economy, you are crazy.

Come on people, the Big East is only getting they're champion in. Even if Cincy goes undefeated they won't even make the NC game. SEC is getting two hands down. Pac-10 is getting 1 USC's year isn't helping them. ACC one unless Miami keeps winning. An 11 win Big 12 team, regardless of who, is making an at-large bid. Nebraska's fan base just makes it even easier of a selection.

You have

Big 12 Champ, SEC Champ, Big East Champ, ACC Champ, Pac 10 Champ, Big 10 Champ, non-BCS at large, SEC at-large, ACC at large, Big 12 at-large. That is how it will play out. Does every year. Unless you somehow believe ND is going to make the top 8 or top 14 with 9 wins. I can't see that happening.

If we win out to the CCG, no doubt we are in the BCS.

New York Yankee's bowl? Wtf?

Its a new bowl to be played in yankee stadium announced a bout a month ago I think only I thought it was against the big east not the big

There is no way that two non BCS schools make it into these games. If TCU wins out, they are in and Boise is out. They will pass Boise, especially after how they performed yesterday.

If you really think an 11-2 Nebraska team that has potential losses to two teams in the BCS that are conference champions wouldn't make it as at-large, in a down economy, you are crazy.

Come on people, the Big East is only getting they're champion in. Even if Cincy goes undefeated they won't even make the NC game. SEC is getting two hands down. Pac-10 is getting 1 USC's year isn't helping them. ACC one unless Miami keeps winning. An 11 win Big 12 team, regardless of who, is making an at-large bid. Nebraska's fan base just makes it even easier of a selection.

You have

Big 12 Champ, SEC Champ, Big East Champ, ACC Champ, Pac 10 Champ, Big 10 Champ, non-BCS at large, SEC at-large, ACC at large, Big 12 at-large. That is how it will play out. Does every year. Unless you somehow believe ND is going to make the top 8 or top 14 with 9 wins. I can't see that happening.

Right now the Big 10 has 3 teams above Nebraska. There's no way we're a lock over a Big 10 team. 50/50 at best in that scenario. But that's pretty much a worst case scenario, because probably 2 of the 3 Big 10 teams will drop out of the running. But, we have to win our games too.

You have

Right now the Big 10 has 3 teams above Nebraska. There's no way we're a lock over a Big 10 team. 50/50 at best in that scenario. But that's pretty much a worst case scenario, because probably 2 of the 3 Big 10 teams will drop out of the running. But, we have to win our games too.

Not to mention that I think Miami has a pretty good shot of going 11-1, they have already played FSU, GT, and VT and I am not sure anyone else in the ACC can push them. Maybe UNC.

You have

Not to mention that I think Miami has a pretty good shot of going 11-1, they have already played FSU, GT, and VT and I am not sure anyone else in the ACC can push them. Maybe UNC.

Yeah, he had mentioned ACC at-large, which means Miami. They could be in the top 4 which would give them an automatic spot, without having to consider their fan base. There's the non-BCS automatic spot which looks very likely to be claimed. That leaves 2 spots for the SEC, Big 10, and Big 12. Nobody from those conferences is guaranteed a spot, but the SEC is most likely.

Damn, here I am speculating, when I said I wouldn't do until more of the season played out. I want to get by TTech and Okie before I get into a sweat about this.