Ahead of ourselves?

I am an avid reader of HI forums and I really wanted to join in on discussions and this website is the first thing google gave me. Recently I noticed a lot of people are already looking to the OU game, also expecting an easy TT pounding. This worries me. IMO this is going to be the firs true test to see if our secondary is championchip caliber. Yes, we did do well against Vtech, but I remember Taylor missing some wide open throws, something Tech WILL NOT do. Then we come to the MIZZOU game where I thought we would really get our first true test of how good our secondary is vs the spread(something we will see a lot of). Of course they did play well, but obviously both teams were lax due to the weather.

As everyone know TT uses those wide splits, and they always have terrific pass protection. Yes, SUH, no matter what will beast through 2 of their guys all day, but they get rid of the ball so quickly. That may take him out of the game. On the other hand I am confident in our coaches to cook up some nice looks for Leach, hopefully giving him more of a headache than his offense does to Carl and Bo.

Ok this was kind of a rant. 1) Im new 2) Im very skeptical at this point of how well our secondary really is/let us not get ahead of ourselves 3) Lets beat TT for the first time since 2001 PLZ. ;)

It really makes no difference what a message board thinks or feels or expects.

What Bo and crew think, prepare for and do are all that are important.

I have a hard time thinking Bo is looking ahead to any game. If he isn't the team is NOT.

No worries sir.

It really makes no difference what a message board thinks or feels or expects.

What Bo and crew think, prepare for and do are all that are important.

I have a hard time thinking Bo is looking ahead to any game. If he isn't the team is NOT.

No worries sir.

I guess I am just a little gun shy still due to he whos name we don't speak.

I agree.

The only people "looking past" Texas Tech is the fans. You can tell how Pelini does things. I can promise you he isn't looking past anyone.

Bo said it himself. You aren't going to completely shut down the T-Tech offense. But you also don't have to let them go for 500 yards. Tech may own the 20 to the 20, just based on how they run their offense. But once the field tightens up, and you start seeing more red shirts in there working the defense, we may allow 300 yards passing, and only 10 points. It's all about red zone defense, and I think that is where we are going to shine.

our secondary will be tested.. and they will give up a big play or two we always do .. but we cant give up a big play every drive and i dont think we will. hopefully we establish the running game early and keep the ball out of there offence.. if not im sure suh will just tip a ball and catch it when ever he wants..

ooo and burkhead is not hurt its just a rumor

ooo and burkhead is not hurt its just a rumor

:lol:

you will fit right in.

Again, I think the majority of the posters are realistic, and have admitted that this game is certainly losable if we don't play to our abilities.

The main thing to take out of the previous sentence is the fact that we see this game as "losable". A couple years ago, we would see a game as "winnable"

The confidence is growing in this team, and you can see it on the field... I am excited for this game, it is a huge test and a potentially big confidence boost.

I agree that it will be a great test for the defense, the secondary in particular, and I'm sure they'll be up for the challenge. The D got a small dose of a passing offense last week and it's likely it helped in preparation for this week. Dennard and Gomes have really stepped in and played well and with the exception of the Va Tech blunder O'Hanlon, Asante and Amukamara have been solid with both coverage and run support. The D-line, well what needs to be said. They'll get pressure because that's what they do, but this week they really have to snuff the run in order to make TT one-dimensional. The linebackers cannot miss tackles and since we'll likely be in dime most of the day, whoever the rover is, likely Gomes, he must make plays.

TTech is going to throw the ball, that much is guaranteed, but it also means we'll have plenty of opportunities to create turnovers. If we can capitalize on the turnover's and control the clock with a nice balanced attack on O, we'll not only walk away with a win but a lot of confidence and momentum as we head towards the heart of our schedule. GBR!!