Suh needs to be wearing a Blackshirt

Twodocs

Both Joel Mackovicka and Jason Peters are on two seperate radio stations tonight critical of Bo and his comments about the Blackshirts. Jason Peter's comments were very interesting! Is Bo disrespecting this tradition! Is it an individual honor or a unit honor. Jason says it is given individually

What say you?

they'll get blackshirts as a unit. and even if suh got a blackshirt before everyone else, i doubt he'd wear it until the rest of the team qualified.

Good point!

And 2docs..it's Peter not Peters...It's not just you..almost every visiting fan of another team gets it wrong..

I'm starting to think Pelini felt a little left out with all the tradition busting the previous staff did..Maybe he wants to get rid of one of his own...Dissolve the Blackshirts? <_<

Both Joel Mackovicka and Jason Peters are on two seperate radio stations tonight critical of Bo and his comments about the Blackshirts. Jason Peter's comments were very interesting! Is Bo disrespecting this tradition! Is it an individual honor or a unit honor. Jason says it is given individually

What say you?

For as many pure traditionalist Husker fans that we have on this board, I am surprised there is so little outrage over the way Pelini handles the Blackshirts. Never, ever, have they been given as a reward for doing well in a game. If you know the history of the Blackshirts, they are given to all members of the starting defensive unit. I was upset when they were taken away 2 years ago. Even when the defense was playing like crap, it was mainly because they had a DC who didn't know straight up, and probably wasn't the players' fault.

I'm not saying Bo is wrong, he is entitled to do what he wants.

Giving only Suh a Blackshirt is completely against the whole history of the Blackshirts.

Eh. I've been on the other side of the fence before but I've decided I'm fine with how Bo handles this the first few years. He's stamping down his imprint into the program identity. We're going through a culture change and that takes time. The blackshirt tradition is slowly being reforged. It's not something we can just flip a switch and "go back" to.

It's not tradition, but I'm cool with it.

it is about deserving the blackshirts. you shouldnt just be handed a blackshirt because you have STARTED a game or two you should be given the blackshirts because you have DOMINATED every game.

Nice thought...

But it started out simply as a way to differentiate the Offense and the Defense in scrimmages..

Then it became a unique way of letting the starters know they were starting.

Now it's either bait..or a symbol of an unobtainable perfection..