What is everyones problem with Crouch.

Didnt he win the heisman. Didnt he have some of the most outstand plays in our history. Didnt he make the games pretty interesting. Now when he was playing i was 21 and more interested in drinking and chicks then football. But i did see him on tv and thought he was great. But everytime he is mentioned on here theres like this huge white elephant in the room. Maybe he was selfish with the ball but he was a deliver. From what i saw he got the job done. If im wrong then please tell me and why. Id like to know why everyone just kinda has this hate on for crouch.

Didnt he win the heisman. Didnt he have some of the most outstand plays in our history. Didnt he make the games pretty interesting. Now when he was playing i was 21 and more interested in drinking and chicks then football. But i did see him on tv and thought he was great. But everytime he is mentioned on here theres like this huge white elephant in the room. Maybe he was selfish with the ball but he was a deliver. From what i saw he got the job done. If im wrong then please tell me and why. Id like to know why everyone just kinda has this hate on for crouch.

Not sure what you're talking about--I've never seen anything on this board. I've always looked on him as one of the many Husker greats.

The only criticism I ever had of him is that he kind of wasted his talent by retiring in the NFL before he ever took a snap. But that doesn't change how I view him as a Husker.

It seems to me the general consensus of people who dislike him is that he was a me-first player and put himself on a higher pedestal than the team. I don't know enough information to believe or refute this so I choose not to judge his character, but as far as football skills the man was an absolute joy to watch.

Not saying that makes him worthy of being praised or not, it is what it is.

I don't have anything against the guy. If I'm looking for something bad to say about him, I'd probably say that he had a tendency to keep the ball when running the option instead of pitching it when pitching would have been the better thing to do. That's probably where a lot of people have formed their "me first" or "ball hog" opinions of him. He wasn't that great of a passer. That's about all that I can say negatively. He was good enough to win the Heisman, so you can't say he was THAT bad.

One of the big reasons there was a big drop-off from 2001 to 2002 and beyond was Crouch. I don't think he had great teams to play behind but he held them together and willed some extra wins out of them. Once he was gone we saw the real drop-off in talent and coaching.

On the downside, he took his ball and went home in college and Solich brought him back, then he took his ball and went home in the pros more than once and nobody bothered to go get him. I lost some respect for him there.

I think he gets some blame for turning NU into a QB dominating team, but he was the best runner on that team, as was Lord following him.

Without doubt, Crouch carried NU on his back for three years.

It's always been my impression that the majority of NU fans never understood at all what a superb talent he was. Imo, he was easily the most electrifying NU player since the Jet.

Just try to imagine what he would have done with Frazier or Frost's surrounding talent. The contrast is simply "huge".

I was listening to the local sports hacks on the radio the other day and they said that Jordan Shiley is the fastest white guy they've ever seen. It made me think about Crouch and the way he made so many future NFLers look like donkeys. If he would've accepted what he was told after he got drafted, he may have been a pretty good special teams player or even a #3/4th receiver for some teams.