the future is green!!

I agree lets start Green against ISU and Baylor, and win those easy games. Then we will use him against Oklahoma and lose terribly with Green having 7 INT's. Then we go to Kansas with Washington and lose that game. Come back have Lee win a game against KSU and then lose to Colorado. So that way next year we start Gabbert and then complain about him. :sarcasm

Go Green, Obama change. It's time for a shot in the arm as said for this offense. I saw it at the end of the opener against FAU. told my wife then, Green will be the starter by mid season. He was here for spring ball, he's had time to learn enuff. Just like today, the offense just seems to have a bigger spark with him, just like Frazier in 92, and Crouch in 99. It's just time for a change after 3 abismal offensive performances again high tier opposition.

If you want to write off the North and develop a QB for the Future. Green is the way to go. But most of you aren't paying attention to Greens play. He has a Cannon, He can run. BUT he stairs down recievers and doesn't see all the DBs.

Green has the tools to be the future. But he isn't the now.

PS: Change isn't always for the better. Look how bad things are headed under Obama. Only 2 things are Growing. Unemployment and the Defecit

Lee just doesn't have it. He rarely leads a receiver and throws them open. He instead is way to cautious and throws when the receiver is open. In this offense a qb has to make his read go through his progression and at times throw to the spot before the receiver is open. Lee just doesn't either a. have the the confidence to do so or b. just isn't correctly reading the defense and/or trusting that read.

Cody Green did lock on to his receiver a few times, but what can you expect out of a freshman who comes into the game when we are in a one dimensional offense of throwing due to the clock.

We started the 2nd half with a lot of zone reads when Lee was at qb and I expect that to be the focus of our offense as we move forward.

If he doesn't start this season, he will start against Western Kentucky next year.

I completely agree. Green is young and was put into a tough situation and I think that he did fairly well. He is young and will pick things up with experience. He has 3 1/2 years left to play, Lee has 1 1/2. Where would you put your money? I would put mine on the long term investment that shows A LOT of potential.

Lee is really struggling but the o-line sucks and I don't think his recievers are doing anything to get open.

Green threw 2 picks (one that was called an incomplete pass) and almost a couple more. I'm pretty sure he was running a simplified playbook and in garbage time. Oh and delay of game in his first series.

He did make the game more watchable but I don't know........

I guess if you burned his red shirt already why not? and with Baylor and ISU coming up......If Green starts it is admitting this season is a wash but with 2 losses and this offense it might be anyways.

Really, 'cos I recall Lee at his best throwing 3 touchdowns in five minutes in the rain.

I guess that's not much of a threat.

So besides that, what has he done against decent teams?

I'll tell you. 10-11 quarters of not a single touchdown.

I have to admit, I'm drawn more to Green. But, on the other hand, has Lee had much help on the offensive side of the ball in those 10-11 quarters? Dropped balls, missed blocks, and stupid penalties can't all fall on this guy's shoulders. :blink: