Zack Lee or Cody Green

as I have been pointing out since VT game, lee is unimpressive as a qb, ok but nothing special. I know you all were hoping for a return to your past but it was premature, this team isn't that good and even put up accurate prediction of the TT game. even with putting in green, which is the money thing to do, you still should win the north, ku has no shot and you will put a stake in them when you play in lorance. Mu has a tough road, is rebuilding with a lot of young players and you have the tiebreaker. green has some serious skills and yes he will make some mistakes but you arn't going to beat OU with Lee, with green it could be interesting. OU will put serious ht on yur qb and lee has happy feet anyway, green is much quicker and could buy some time and take off for yardage. green and suh will be good enough to put away the pretenders in north. time to think about what is best for 2010.

to me it is the only option, that and someone kidnapping Watson. It is a tossup between who is worse as a OC between the young guy for Mu and Watson.

I think we see Lee start the ISU game but Green will get some snaps in the first half regardless of how Lee plays. Each will get about half the snaps to see who came prove themselves.

Lee isn't the worst QB we have had, but I did notice that he seems to change the play a lot at the line. Multiple times he wouldn't get the snap off until a few seconds remaining. I realize Green had a delay of game penalty, rookie mistake and he will make many more before the season is over if he is the starter.

By the end of the season I can see Green starting. He doesn't seem to get as rattled as Lee does in the pocket and he can also make things happen with his feet if the pocket collapses. That extra mobility allows the receivers a few more seconds to attempt to get open before he has to take off and run it.

I think we see Lee start the ISU game but Green will get some snaps in the first half regardless of how Lee plays. Each will get about half the snaps to see who came prove themselves.

Lee isn't the worst QB we have had, but I did notice that he seems to change the play a lot at the line. Multiple times he wouldn't get the snap off until a few seconds remaining. I realize Green had a delay of game penalty, rookie mistake and he will make many more before the season is over if he is the starter.

By the end of the season I can see Green starting. He doesn't seem to get as rattled as Lee does in the pocket and he can also make things happen with his feet if the pocket collapses. That extra mobility allows the receivers a few more seconds to attempt to get open before he has to take off and run it.

I have a feeing your'e right, but I hate the idea of splitting time. He who has two quarterbacks has none. The evidence is in, the jury returned from their chambers. The sentence––Lee is unfit for duty. There's nothing more to discuss. Three BCS performances, three failures (one of which was saved as much by blind luck and necessity as skill). Green needs the time. Even reading ISU and Baylor defenses is vital for his development. If you wait until Lee bombs again, you'll have only wasted opportunities Green could have made good on.

I would go with Green. If you have a nothing there already you really cannot go downhill.

he might have a point... :dunno

Or....maybe you'd be going downhill without brakes.

In all honesty I don't care who starts. All I care about is that they play like a Husker and that they get job done.

We're already going downhill without brakes and the Bus is burning up in FLAMES!!! It seems to me that the only choice left is to give Green a chance. Those friends who are saying Green isn't any better than Lee don't make any sense to me. Green was put in under rediculous circomstances and he at least led us to a touchdown. Lee couldn't seem to do that at all. I didn't need to be at the game, I could see the same thing on TV. Green did give us a spark, and I really liked his presence in the pocket and that was after only being in the game for a very short time. He showed confidence unlike I have seen from Lee and a desire to move the ball with determination. Anyway, I feel Green is now our guy, Lee had his chance and has not done well against even halfway decent teams. I would love to see Green really get in the face of other players and lead, I don't see that from Lee.

This Lee vs. Green thing reminds me of Ohio State last year. Terrelle Pryor was the obvious guy for the job, but it took the team awhile before they realized that. He's young as hell, inexperienced as hell, but I think he shows better poise and better potential. He's not going to work miracles right away, but we might as well put him in. Look how Pryor turned out by the end of the year.. damn near beat Texas by himself. It's doubtful Green will be as good as Pryor was last year, but we can learn from their mistakes in my opinion.

Yeah, I caught that, too. Even going back to the VTech and MU games, it seems he was always killing the original play and looking to something else, which hasn't exactly worked out.

My wonderful wife DVR'd the game for me and I just finished watching it and here it is. Lee played poorly but I am convinced with that pathetic O-line, Favre wouldn't have been successful.

Lee is holding on to the ball too long when he does have time to throw, which is throwing off the timing of the routes. In addition he is still aiming the ball as opposed to throwing it.

Until the NU o-linemen man up and start playing like they are supposed to no QB in this system will be successful. It would also help is NU had a real QB coach to coach and teach the position. Watson knows the plays but knows nothing about mentoring and developing QB's.

Considering NU's porous o-line, Watson needs to start calling more running plays and quick pass plays.

First, for those of us old enouph to remember when Tommie Frazier started, should also remember this. Under Mike Grant the offense was terrible, everyone looked bad, especially when we played at Washington. Then Tommie comes in halfway or a third of the way through and it is like a totally different offense all together. It seemed as if the other players had no confidence in Mike Grant, under Tommie everyone stepped up their game bigtime. Yes, they lost to a horrible Iowa St. team, but they also detroyed a decent CU team (we were tied with them for 8th place in the polls when we played) and a good KU team and beat OU at the end of the year. Not sure that is what is happening here, but the story line seems to be errilly familier.

Secondly, Lee does technically know more of the offense than Green and that may be the only reason he has been starting so far. It may have nothing to do with the fact that Lee ultimately is better, as Green is continuing to learn more and more of the plays, that may become more apparent. The coaches had to talk up Lee, they had no other choice in the beginning. They aren't going to destroy what confidence the kid has, when initially, he is all they have. Now that Green is getting more up to speed?

Anyway, Green deserves a chance to start this week and show what he can do, I hope the coaches feel the same way.

If I'm the coach I do a number of things this week.

First, we are going to install four basic power run plays. They can be anything––doesn't matter. The offensive line is going to do noting from sunup to sundown but run these four plays. They are going to be told that no matter what Iowa State does on defense, we are running the ball forty times.

Second, I let Cody know that he's going to get the start. Why? Because whatever horrors may come with this decision, it's better than the alternative. Lee plays and probably has a decent game, but so what? Oklahoma and Kansas are still on the horizon. Green is the future and he needs the ISU and Baylor game to get himself assimilated. This will be good for him. Two games the defense should be able to win by itself and then a wounded Oklahoma team.

Third, I have a long meeting with Watson about how he is going to be conducting this offense from now on. I would tell him, very plainly, that Nebraska WILL be a running team by season's end. If he can't accomplish it, we'll find someone who can. Mention this to Cotton while you're at it. I would be operating under the assumption that he will need to be replaced by season's end and looking into candidates starting tomorrow. (It's harsh, but his track record is horrendous.) In fact the whole offensive staff should be briefed on the expectations for this program. Thirty rushes for seventy yards at Nebraska against a mediocre defense is totally unacceptable.

Great post Husker x. I agree with everything you've said in this thread . . . especially the dressing down of Baytown for claiming to have "called" the Green starting thing. (Plus I think that contrary to what he said over the summer . . . if Green starts it has far more to do with Lee playing horribly than Green being a phenom.)

My wonderful wife DVR'd the game for me and I just finished watching it and here it is. Lee played poorly but I am convinced with that pathetic O-line, Favre wouldn't have been successful.

Lee is holding on to the ball too long when he does have time to throw, which is throwing off the timing of the routes. In addition he is still aiming the ball as opposed to throwing it.

Until the NU o-linemen man up and start playing like they are supposed to no QB in this system will be successful. It would also help is NU had a real QB coach to coach and teach the position. Watson knows the plays but knows nothing about mentoring and developing QB's.

Considering NU's porous o-line, Watson needs to start calling more running plays and quick pass plays.

A fair assessment, IMO.

Great post Husker x. I agree with everything you've said in this thread . . . especially the dressing down of Baytown for claiming to have "called" the Green starting thing. (Plus I think that contrary to what he said over the summer . . . if Green starts it has far more to do with Lee playing horribly than Green being a phenom.)

Husker_x is a good poster and one, IIRC, that made the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message posting of the day?