Helu and the RB position

the faithful sure lost faith in a hurry. the mu win wasn't impressive in a monsoon and based more on the mistakes of a first time qb in a conference game and bad officiating. too many mistakes, no offense for most of game and couldn't run agains a team that had given up quite a few running yrds in preseason. d was decent but tigers wr's were wide open most of day, qb didn't get them the ball. after the predictable debicle in lincoln at the hands of TT now reality has hit home, Helu was hurt in MU game and was ineffective, backups showed little, along with poor blocking and a qb who wasn't doing anything. and receivers who wern't catching the ball.

good news and bad news, huskers still in drivers seat for winning north. bad news is the same, means a dismantling of whoever shows up reping the north in Dallas. top 3 teams question marks have mostly been answered and not in a good way. you should handle KU and reesing will be lucky if Suh doesn't get hold of him as their Oline is pourous but be prepared as they will put up pts on you, that's waht they do. Going to have to score big and you will need a running game, is Helu ready to go? that is a big key as Lee has proven he can't lift the o by himself, IMO Green should be in there for rest of year at least he can run. CU who knows now that daddy put his boy on the sidelines they will be better and it is in boulder.

It will be entertaining, if getting a root canal is entertaining to you! but it will be an interesting race. I hope you win north as not wanting tigers to take it on the chin 3 yrs in a row in CCG.

There are no holes. Maybe a few, and Helu does hit those. I'm not sure Adrian Peterson would be successful here. Helu does seem banged up a bit. There is enough talent here at RB. Run blocking and pass protecting, the o-line is slightly below average all year.

From what I saw on Saturday, our o-line is more than 'slightly' below average

I would like to see the ball handed off to Helu with the QB under center. Enough of these handoffs out of the shotgun. Plus, our O-line isn't performing well.

Also, I'll like to add this question.

Anybody worried about our depth at RB?

I am extremely worried about RB depth. Even if Bo wont say it, I think Helu is running at about 60%. Evertime he got the ball he looked like he was guarding his shoulder. I wouldnt be as worried about the RB position if our O-line had a pair of cajunes. But if they cant block, the only RB that can create is Helu.

Not to worry we have a running back by comittee, but, the comitte has not showed up in a game yet and Helu has the same injury Bradford had so forget about Helu he can't and won't play he will be a decoy.

http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/yourhealth...2211562.html%22

I think what we're seeing is exactly what some/a lot predicted before the beginning of the season. We are more than likely a 4 loss team again. In year 2, Bo has I'd say "fixed" the defense. We're playing some of the best defense since the last time he was here. Our offense is being run by last year's 3rd string QB. I was scared from the beginning about this. However, I will note that I along with many others drank way too much koolaid after the VT game. I was thinking we were a 2 loss team after that game. Pandora's box has now been opened. We can't put the lid back on. I'm assuming we'll see a lot more Cody Green from here on out which we should. He probably will start some games this year.

The Big 12 North isn't very good again. I had hoped with the downfall of OU that this would be the North's year, but lets face it the North is the ugly redheaded stepchild once again. We got beat by the 3rd or 4th best team in the South. Mizzou got beat by the 3rd or 4th best team in the South. Friggin KU got beat by one of the worst teams in the North. Right now, it appears that no one from the North wants to get the pummelling that is sure to occur in the Big 12 Championship game. Isn't KState now in the lead in the North? Does this make any of you that had Snyder and Leach as two of the worst coaches in the Big 12 rethink your order especially when you put Sherman ahead of them?

We should be able to count on wins against KState, Iowa State, and Baylor. I'm hopeful we can count on a win against CU, but they beat KU and looked pretty good for 2 1/2 to 3 quarters against Texass. Because KU lost to CU, I think we're still in the drivers seat for the Big 12 North. I don't see KU having anymore success against the South than any of the rest of us. We can still have a decent season and meet some/a lot of the goals set forth at the beginning of the year. I bet we're more than ready for Iowa State this weekend!

those bankable wins are no longer out there we are wounded cripple with no offense. The way to easily beat NU is out there. Every team who has played poorly now is playing very well and we are 1/2 way through and have no offense no depth and no plan or hope on how to get one!

Has Gabbert lost his swagger? He's thrown what 5 or 6 pics the last couple of weeks. His percentage has nosedived as well once Big 12 play began. Apparently, your running game isn't nothing to get excited about either. What little I saw of the Mizzou/Okie State game pretty much confirmed what I saw of our game. The North is lightyears behind the South.