"Get over it!!"

Nor should it. Main reason, the Big XII is about high powered spread offenses that score a lot. And once we get behind in a game, the power I will not bring us back.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER I, POWER B, POWER W, OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT IS!!!!!!

Option football is not dated, it just went out of fashion. There is very little difference in the quality of football players from 15 years ago and for schools that won championships in the 90's to just chuck it out the window because it was no longer fashionable was stupid.

Nor should it. Main reason, the Big XII is about high powered spread offenses that score a lot. And once we get behind in a game, the power I will not bring us back.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER I, POWER B, POWER W, OR WHATEVER THE HELL IT IS!!!!!!

Option football is not dated, it just went out of fashion. There is very little difference in the quality of football players from 15 years ago and for schools that won championships in the 90's to just chuck it out the window because it was no longer fashionable was stupid.

Now THIS is a good post.

I think, OP, you are misunderstanding what the power option run game is all about. First off, in order to run it, you have to have a great defense. Spread teams can get away with having a bad defense since they can just get into shoot outs. Option teams don't have that luxury. Having a bad defense will lose you games.

That said, there is some validity to saying that the option run game isn't going to allow you to come from behind. But the counter-argument to that is the 1994 NC game. Nebraska was down for most of the game, pulling off the win in the final minutes. We were behind, and the power I brought us back off of a beautiful full back trap.

The power I is perfectly capable of big play and playing catchup. Bottom line is if you play one dimensional football, you have to have some crazy playmakers and good execution (TT) for it to work. Right now our team is one dimensional due to a poor offensive line and banged up running backs. Start the dual threat Green and the possibilites open up.

No I am not going to "get over it". How many times did we score 60, 70, or even 84 points in a game--and that was AFTER pulling our starters in 2 1/2 periods? Ever hear of the "Scoring Explosion" or "Earth, Wind, and Fryar" or were you too young? How many national championships has this new Nebraska system won--hmm? For that matter, how many Big 12 Championships has this new system won? For THAT matter, how many times has this new system taken us to the Big 12 Championship game? Hmm? How about even just beating Missouri? HMM?

Good lord....wake up and realize when you need to make adjustments.

No I am not going to "get over it". How many times did we score 60, 70, or even 84 points in a game--and that was AFTER pulling our starters in 2 1/2 periods? Ever hear of the "Scoring Explosion" or "Earth, Wind, and Fryar" or were you too young? How many national championships has this new Nebraska system won--hmm? For that matter, how many Big 12 Championships has this new system won? For THAT matter, how many times has this new system taken us to the Big 12 Championship game? Hmm? How about even just beating Missouri? HMM?

Good lord....wake up and realize when you need to make adjustments.

:clap

Amen brother!

It most certainly was an incredibly stupid thing we did. In return we got losing seasons (that's right....as in plural.....the 1st losing seasons in 40 years), huge blowout losses (the biggest losses in the history of NU football) and endless humiliation.

Yeah, ain't the wco great?? :madash

There's nothing wrong with the WCO or the spread. You just have to f'ing execute them correctly. There's nothing wrong with the option as long as you are not so run heavy you're incapable of passing. But you have to execute. If the offense was executing, nobody would be complaining. It's not the offensive scheme that's the problem, it's the execution of that scheme that is failing.