"Get over it!!"

Look how one dimensional Texas is this year. They are loaded with talent but if Colt is having an off day they can be beaten easily. They have nothing to fall back on because they do not have the ability to line up and run it down people's throats, wait scratch that, they DO have the ability to line it up and run it down people's throats, but offensive coordinator Gregg Davis won't abandon his precious spread offense to run it. Take CU for example, right now if you made the effort to line it up and run the football and mix in some playaction with an athletic QB we could make a solid conference run. The offensive line is a pretty decent run blocking line, they are just horrible in pass protection, but if we lined it up and ran the ball and not give up on it we can control the clock and win some games, but we won't so it is a moot point.

Exactly right, what it really comes down to is consistency on offense. Way harder to be consistent and not make mistakes in a West Coast offense than in a Power I offense. I am just sick of watching us throw away games because we can not maintain the ball on offense.

Look how one dimensional Texas is this year. They are loaded with talent but if Colt is having an off day they can be beaten easily. They have nothing to fall back on because they do not have the ability to line up and run it down people's throats, wait scratch that, they DO have the ability to line it up and run it down people's throats, but offensive coordinator Gregg Davis won't abandon his precious spread offense to run it. Take CU for example, right now if you made the effort to line it up and run the football and mix in some playaction with an athletic QB we could make a solid conference run. The offensive line is a pretty decent run blocking line, they are just horrible in pass protection, but if we lined it up and ran the ball and not give up on it we can control the clock and win some games, but we won't so it is a moot point.

Exactly right, what it really comes down to is consistency on offense. Way harder to be consistent and not make mistakes in a West Coast offense than in a Power I offense. I am just sick of watching us throw away games because we can not maintain the ball on offense.

It's hard not to be consistant and not to make mistakes out of the Power I. True, but it's also hard not to be predictable.

It's hard not to be consistant and not to make mistakes out of the Power I. True, but it's also hard not to be predictable.

That's true but I think the physicality of the Power I makes it hard to defend even if you know whats coming.

I think we can all agree that running the ball is the best solution for our offensive woes if not to fix them at least to greatly reduce them and keep our D fresh and rested. Running the ball out of the spread and out of the shotgun is much more difficult the running it from under center and the fullback leadblocking sure helps. I still don't understand why we are bringing in 3 recievers in almost every formation line up a full back or 2 tightend set and pound the rock.

Ever hear of the "Scoring Explosion" or "Earth, Wind, and Fryar"

Wasn't that the same team?

BTW, the new #1 team according to the AP is Alabama and what do they do well, play defense and run the football..........

They also are able to throw the ball around the field if they need to. They average over 200 passing yards a game to go along with 229 rushing. Pretty balanced if you ask me.

Also that "Spread" team out of Gainsville averages 260 rushing yards so you can pound the ball out of the gun as well.

And the "WCO" from The Land Of Troy averages 193 rushing a game so you can also run the ball with that offense. USC also averages 248 passing.

Ever hear of the "Scoring Explosion" or "Earth, Wind, and Fryar"

Wasn't that the same team?

BTW, the new #1 team according to the AP is Alabama and what do they do well, play defense and run the football..........

They also are able to throw the ball around the field if they need to. They average over 200 passing yards a game to go along with 229 rushing. Pretty balanced if you ask me.

Also that "Spread" team out of Gainsville averages 260 rushing yards so you can pound the ball out of the gun as well.

And the "WCO" from The Land Of Troy averages 193 rushing a game so you can also run the ball with that offense. USC also averages 248 passing.

Alabama runs the "pistol" don't they?? Where it's just a single back lined up behind the QB.

No one is saying that we don't run the ball. All I am saying is NO POWER I.