Guess who's going back to the ground game?

I love it!!

I'll never be more thrilled than when NU officially dumps the pathetic little girl's WCO and commits to some type of smashmouth. This a step in the right direction!

It pretty much sounds like what Watson was trying to run the first 5 games last year. So this is nothing new for Watson, since you could also say it is what he ran most of the time at CU.

What it says is that we have no clue of what we have on the team.

Changing this late in the season is beyond belief. Everything they have worked on since spring is in the tank. Sounds like a great idea to me.

So what your saying is, even though we have no clue, you would rather stay on the same path instead of trying to change some things? :dunno

What it says is that we have no clue of what we have on the team.

Changing this late in the season is beyond belief. Everything they have worked on since spring is in the tank. Sounds like a great idea to me.

The wrongness of that short comment is almost poetic in how incorrect it is. The offense is broke, bud. What we've been doin ain't workin. Drastic times call for drastic measures. And just like I said immediately after the Texas Tech game, I fully expected that Pelini was going to sit down with Watson and say, "Okay, this is what we're gunna do."

Being an effective run team starts with a commitment to being an effective run team. You have to do it sometime. Might as well be now when we're facing a two-game series of poor defenses.

I don't know that the results will show immediately, but Nebraska needs to become a team that wants to hit people in the mouth. You don't become that team by wishing you already were; you do it by lining up and pounding the rock.

I am saying we are starting over.

Not the thing you do in the middle of the season.

These kids are not road graders, they are less talented than those they have faced. We may fare well against Iowa state, but my guess is Baylor will be very ready for us.

Oklahoma will beat us to death.

Kansas is drueling over the thought.

We have to have a forward passing game. Not the dinks and dunks they have been doing. We have to stretch the field it appears to me, get some of the defense off the line of scrimmage. Quit running the RB left again left and again left then throw in a RB to the right. It is almost like watching Solich's offense.

Use what we have. We have a TE that should be on the field every single play. He puts a little fear into them.

We have a dinged up running back and no one behind him that impressed me this weekend.

Yea that makes great sense to me.

These kids are not road graders, they are less talented than those they have faced. We may fare well against Iowa state, but my guess is Baylor will be very ready for us.

We have to have a forward passing game. Not the dinks and dunks they have been doing. We have to stretch the field it appears to me, get some of the defense off the line of scrimmage. Quit running the RB left again left and again left then throw in a RB to the right. It is almost like watching Solich's offense.

Use what we have. We have a TE that should be on the field every single play. He puts a little fear into them.

We have a dinged up running back and no one behind him that impressed me this weekend.

I agree that we need to put the TE on the field more if it means putting two TE's on the field at once. We have maybe one of the best TE's in the Big 12 and we are hardly using him to his full ability.

Are you saying that Mendoza didn't impress you that much :dunno:

I thought that Mendoza was supper fast and if used right could be one of those sleeper threats. I was quite impressed with Mendoza whenever he got the ball, receiving that is. When they put Menoza in it was to the point where rushing the ball with him was useless but throwing the ball to him he could catch the ball and then use his break away speed to create first downs.

He did specifically say that they were going to be using the same sets. It isn't like we're running the wishbone or something from now on. Maybe they'll change up the blocking schemes, but I don't have a picture in my head based off Hickman's comments of Watson closing his play binder, dumping it in the trash can, and grabbing a pen and a yellow legal pad and scribbling a title, 'NEW OFFENSE.'