No green jerseys for QB's

This is kind of interesting. A day after going full pads on a Monday, the Huskers had their quarterbacks wearing red jerseys instead of the green non-contact jerseys.

Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said nobody got taken to the ground, "but they got knocked around."

"Two things: We've got young quarterbacks and they need a true sense of what it's like in a game all the time. That's reason No. 1 to do it," Watson said. "And it helps evaluate they're ability to play in the pocket and pass.

It was another pleasing practice for coaches.

"We've got a lot of resiliency," Watson said. "They're young, but they got a lot of resiliency. They've done a nice job of responding to the challenges we gave to them. They did a heckuva job. They had a real good practice. It felt like us."

HuskerExtra

This is kind of interesting. A day after going full pads on a Monday, the Huskers had their quarterbacks wearing red jerseys instead of the green non-contact jerseys.

Husker offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said nobody got taken to the ground, "but they got knocked around."

"Two things: We've got young quarterbacks and they need a true sense of what it's like in a game all the time. That's reason No. 1 to do it," Watson said. "And it helps evaluate they're ability to play in the pocket and pass.

It was another pleasing practice for coaches.

"We've got a lot of resiliency," Watson said. "They're young, but they got a lot of resiliency. They've done a nice job of responding to the challenges we gave to them. They did a heckuva job. They had a real good practice. It felt like us."

HuskerExtra

Humm, could Suh and the Blackshirts decide our starting QB? Hoping nobody gets hurt, but QB's have dropped like flies at the hands of the Blackshirts this year already.

I know it's a dangerous move, but I like it. When you've got a true QB competition, all things being equal, the ballsiest and most naturally elusive guy should get the nod. The only way to find out is to test it live, and better to do with with defenders who will pull their punches a little bit than wait until gameday.

It can't hurt. USC has been doing this for years. They also scrimmage 1's on 1's once a week. Their theory is that if they constantly scrimmage against their best during the week than when they play on saturday the competition will be a step down from what they've faced in practice. I realize they can afford to do this because their depth of talent, but it's hard to argue with their success.

It can't hurt. USC has been doing this for years. They also scrimmage 1's on 1's once a week. Their theory is that if they constantly scrimmage against their best during the week than when they play on saturday the competition will be a step down from what they've faced in practice. I realize they can afford to do this because their depth of talent, but it's hard to argue with their success.

Yeah it doesnt hurt that they have 5 stars waiting on the bench in case people do go down.

I think that is part of Lee's problem, he don't know what it is to get hit until game day, then he can't adjust to it with his timing...he also has NO pocket presence, maybe doing this in practice will give him a sense of when the pressure really is coming and when it is not. :clap

I think that is part of Lee's problem, he don't know what it is to get hit until game day, then he can't adjust to it with his timing...he also has NO pocket presence, maybe doing this in practice will give him a sense of when the pressure really is coming and when it is not. :clap

Or maybe he'll learn to run when Suh's chasing? :clap:rant