Suh #2 for the Halfway Heisman

Stu

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...atch/index.html

People are noticing, good news for Suh! :clap

2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, DT, Sr.

Last week: 4 tackles, 4 solo; 2 tackles for loss; 4 quarterback hurries in a 31-10 loss to Texas Tech

Season: 36 tackles, 19 solo; 9 tackles for loss; 3 sacks; 1 interception; 7 passes broken up; 9 quarterback hurries; 1 forced fumble

Heisman-o-meter: How, you ask, can The Watch still have Suh at No. 2 after his defense allowed 31 points in a loss to Texas Tech? Just watch the first half on Saturday. He was his disruptive self, applying pressure, occupying double teams and generally wreaking havoc up front. Early in the game, he forced quarterback Steven Sheffield into an intentional grounding penalty and later had a crushing tackle on the quarterback. Then, on three straight plays, at the end of the half, Suh was able to apply pressure on each one, helping hold Tech to a field goal. In the second half the Red Raiders did a better job controlling him, and their quick passing game nullified much of his strengths. Overall, the Nebraska defense didn't play all that poorly in allowing 24 points to the country's No. 2 scoring offense (seven of Tech's points came from a defensive score), but the Huskers' offense couldn't hold up their end, which is why The Watch will not penalize Suh for the loss.

Anyone notice what has happened to qb's the Huskers play since Big 12 play? Gabbert's hobbling and Sheffield is out for this weeks A&M game.

That's because Suh is wicked hard core and this defense is becoming the Real Deal.

If our offense finds itself, the Big XII is in for a rude awakening. Let's hope that happens.

Anyone notice what has happened to qb's the Huskers play since Big 12 play? Gabbert's hobbling and Sheffield is out for this weeks A&M game.

That's because Suh is wicked hard core and this defense is becoming the Real Deal.

If our offense finds itself, the Big XII is in for a rude awakening. Let's hope that happens.

That is so true. It is so hard to watch what is, what isn't , and what could be!!!

If Suh is to win Nebraska cannot lose another game except a possible championship game to Texas. Not fair, but it is how it is.

Basically what they say about most anyone listed as a favorite unless you're Claussen :dunno . I still don't see Suh having much of a chance at this point of the season. Now if he has more interceptions and one signature td run............. well it could be an outside chance. But the good part is Suh will be able to hire other former Heisman winners to clean his pool next year..... :rollin

The way the media (that being mostly ABC/ESPN Disney networks) is in control of the public perception is just sad. Suh was a good story to fill time after Missouri game, now he's written off after a solid performance against Tech, just because the team lost. Yet Tebow has two average to below average games against LSU and Arkansas, and he's applauded for "courageously returning from his concussion" and leading the final drive against Arkansas to set up the game winning FG (in a game they were favored to win by 24!).

The way the media (that being mostly ABC/ESPN Disney networks) is in control of the public perception is just sad. Suh was a good story to fill time after Missouri game, now he's written off after a solid performance against Tech, just because the team lost. Yet Tebow has two average to below average games against LSU and Arkansas, and he's applauded for "courageously returning from his concussion" and leading the final drive against Arkansas to set up the game winning FG (in a game they were favored to win by 24!).

Side note: the refs gave that game to Florida. I just count that as an L for Florida in my mind. They did not win that game is was given to them by the refs which pisses me off.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...atch/index.html

People are noticing, good news for Suh! :clap

2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, DT, Sr.

Last week: 4 tackles, 4 solo; 2 tackles for loss; 4 quarterback hurries in a 31-10 loss to Texas Tech

Season: 36 tackles, 19 solo; 9 tackles for loss; 3 sacks; 1 interception; 7 passes broken up; 9 quarterback hurries; 1 forced fumble

Heisman-o-meter: How, you ask, can The Watch still have Suh at No. 2 after his defense allowed 31 points in a loss to Texas Tech? Just watch the first half on Saturday. He was his disruptive self, applying pressure, occupying double teams and generally wreaking havoc up front. Early in the game, he forced quarterback Steven Sheffield into an intentional grounding penalty and later had a crushing tackle on the quarterback. Then, on three straight plays, at the end of the half, Suh was able to apply pressure on each one, helping hold Tech to a field goal. In the second half the Red Raiders did a better job controlling him, and their quick passing game nullified much of his strengths. Overall, the Nebraska defense didn't play all that poorly in allowing 24 points to the country's No. 2 scoring offense (seven of Tech's points came from a defensive score), but the Huskers' offense couldn't hold up their end, which is why The Watch will not penalize Suh for the loss.

that was later incorrectly determined not to be intentional grounding. nice work, SI. solid investigative reporting.

Side note: the refs gave that game to Florida. I just count that as an L for Florida in my mind. They did not win that game is was given to them by the refs which pisses me off.

The SEC suspended every REF in that game, not sure if they can't ref individually but as a crew I think it said something like they wont be together again until Nov 17th!

On a side note, the thing that REALLY pissed me off was during the broadcast they were talking about Suh and the heisman and they were like, "He'll certainly be out of contention due to this loss." WTF. This award has really gone down hill if the BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN and possibly most influential on each play can't get an invite. We will see tho I guess...

I don't know how anyone in their right mind can BLAME a loss on a DE.

That makes absolutely no sense.

He played great, but everyone else on offense played like garbage.

NO way Suh can take the blame for lake of TD's.

It's different if the Heisman contender was a QB and they couldn't score, then yes, you can write them out of Heisman race...

Suh is consistently the MVP of every Nebraska game this season, Henery is a close second :box