Fans Booing

crispy

Booing can't possilby have a positive impact on anything. It isn't going to motivate the players or the coaches. If anything, it could have the opposite effect. It can't look good to recruits, either. JMO.

Is Bill Callahan still our coach?

No. I think he owns Callahan's Corner in South Sioux City, NE

T_O_B

:dunno:dunno:dunno

I think I figured out what you meant after I posted my smart azz comment. I thought you were giving me a hard time (maybe you were?). I apologize if I offended you.

Anyway, Callahan's time was up for sure.

I don't have a huge problem with showing unhappiness with coaches that are being paid a bunch of money, but I don't like to see players being booed.

No, no, no. I'm not offended. I'm just as sarcastic as the next guy, and I'm just as easy to ignore.

I was serious about the Callahan thing, though. Callahan is gone because the fans were beginning to revolt. Pearlman took action by removing Pederson, and by hiring Osborne that pretty much signaled the end of the Callahan Era. And that was very much because of the fans (and, of course, other things like personnel in the Athletic Dept. and donors and whatever).

I have a real problem with booing the players. I'm on record as saying I would never boo at a Husker game. But I very much understand why people do.

And while I'm very much pro Husker players, I'm positive that these kids, even young Mr. Cody Green, are ready to handle a few boos if they rain down from the stands. They'll know why they're being booed if it happens, and they'll understand. They may not like it, but they'll get it.

Booing can't possilby have a positive impact on anything. It isn't going to motivate the players or the coaches. If anything, it could have the opposite effect. It can't look good to recruits, either. JMO.

No. I think he owns Callahan's Corner in South Sioux City, NE

T_O_B

:dunno:dunno:dunno

Makes sense, I havn't seen him show up there either. Just like his coaching skill.

I see your point...but that was after 4 years of a team that was obviously going no where. Our offense was pretty darn good last year and I think if we give them time to figure things out (aka start green) they can be good this year too. Wats just doesn't have the playmakers he had last year.

I see your point...but that was after 4 years of a team that was obviously going no where. Our offense was pretty darn good last year and I think if we give them time to figure things out (aka start green) they can be good this year too. Wats just doesn't have the playmakers he had last year.

You're right, but that doesn't really speak to whether booing works or not. I agree we should give it more time, and there's the fact that we're still largely playing with another coach's recruits, and the fact that Bo is more defensive minded. There's a lot going on.

In my mind the heat is mostly on Watson. Bo is getting what he needs out of his defense with Callahan's players, mostly. Wats should have guys he wanted, recruited by a HC that focused mostly on offense. The excuses list is shorter for Watson.

You're right, but that doesn't really speak to whether booing works or not. I agree we should give it more time, and there's the fact that we're still largely playing with another coach's recruits, and the fact that Bo is more defensive minded. There's a lot going on.

In my mind the heat is mostly on Watson. Bo is getting what he needs out of his defense with Callahan's players, mostly. Wats should have guys he wanted, recruited by a HC that focused mostly on offense. The excuses list is shorter for Watson.

Gotcha

Let's hope he can get things rolling, I know he's an intelligent coach. If at this time next year we are still having this discussion, boo away.

Well Bo has made it perfectly clear he doesn't care what we want. b/c He is doing what he feels is the right thing to do. He also commented that booing and turning on Lee is "Human Nature" Just think we should be above the average human.

I don't know about that. I know that's what Bo said, but I think he cares more about the fans than he's letting on. He will NOT let them run the program, I'm not saying that, but what I've seen in person of his interaction with fans is, he's a pretty cool guy. He has time for them, even Sunday morning after Tech whooped our butts and he was clearly in a foul mood. The guy at the press conference wouldn't have taken that pic I saw him take with that fan. A guy who is concerned about the fans would. That's Bo.

Well Bo has made it perfectly clear he doesn't care what we want. b/c He is doing what he feels is the right thing to do. He also commented that booing and turning on Lee is "Human Nature" Just think we should be above the average human.

I don't know about that. I know that's what Bo said, but I think he cares more about the fans than he's letting on. He will NOT let them run the program, I'm not saying that, but what I've seen in person of his interaction with fans is, he's a pretty cool guy. He has time for them, even Sunday morning after Tech whooped our butts and he was clearly in a foul mood. The guy at the press conference wouldn't have taken that pic I saw him take with that fan. A guy who is concerned about the fans would. That's Bo.

I actually respected him saying that. Makes me feel confident that he is seeing things that we are not and knows what he is doing.

I actually respected him saying that. Makes me feel confident that he is seeing things that we are not and knows what he is doing.

And of course that's true. He's neck-deep in the program while we're all just getting our toes damp. If he doesn't know what's going on, we're in big trouble.