Niles Paul

WCHusker

Wow! After the MU game Paul was being heralded as a great receiver, a game changer. Now, he is a real dog...

I think that all of you should march into Pelini's office and demand that Paul be benched. It is your right as a Nebraska fan. Don't forget to raise your voice and shake your finger in his face...then, you need to go to practice and show all of those little pantywaists how to block, tackle, catch and run.

Call me first. I would pay good money to watch.

Most of you obviously never played competitive sports or were part of a team...it's easy to criticize from your couch with a beer in your hand.

Bolded part - What??!?!? By whom? Where? Not here. He stunk it up the whole game until the fourth quarter. Nobody here was heralding him as anything.

Underlined part - Better than 99% of the fans in any sport never played. If only players or former players got to be fans, those stadiums would be a LOT smaller.

With all his drops he is still our best WR. Holt & Curenski are even less dependable.

Then get Kinnie more playing time. Cooper and Bell maybe?

The thing that I think really pisses everyone off about NP is that he's obviously one of our more gifted receivers.

Yeah, that pisses me off, too. Sad shape, eh? :clap:clap:clap

I really don't know what to think of Niles Paul. On one hand he makes so many mistakes. He either fumbles or gets called for holding or drops passes (or like today, all three), but on the other hand he really is explosive. He was really the only player on offense who actually showed some signs of life. In this game I think it's unfair to single him, or Zach Lee for that matter, out. I think Paul will be really good next year with some more experience.

Not on the kid's "bankwagon", just tired of having a bunch of stiffs dog him out...

So he had a crappy game? So did a lot of other guys.

He's had WAY more than one crappy game. Nobody dislikes the guy here, we all want him to succeed. But the fact of the matter is, he comes up little in big situations over and over. That fumble along the sidelines was one of the most embarrassing plays I've seen a Husker make in 40 years. Defending that makes you look completely blind to the reality of Paul's play.

It's not a personal thing with Paul. All these "stiffs" you're cracking on are real people who have real time and money invested in this team. They deserve better than the performance Paul is putting on the field. He'll be the first to tell us that, too. Why you're getting bunched about well-deserved criticism is beyond me.

Not on the kid's "bankwagon", just tired of having a bunch of stiffs dog him out...

He's had WAY more than one crappy game. Nobody dislikes the guy here, we all want him to succeed. But the fact of the matter is, he comes up little in big situations over and over. That fumble along the sidelines was one of the most embarrassing plays I've seen a Husker make in 40 years. Defending that makes you look completely blind to the reality of Paul's play.

It's not a personal thing with Paul. All these "stiffs" you're cracking on are real people who have real time and money invested in this team. They deserve better than the performance Paul is putting on the field. He'll be the first to tell us that, too. Why you're getting bunched about well-deserved criticism is beyond me.

I think the big thing is Holt and Gilleylen were every bit as bad today, and seem to get a pass. At least Niles made some positive plays (even if the biggest one turned out negative). The others just looked lost.

With all his drops he is still our best WR. Holt & Curenski are even less dependable.

If that is the case, then we immediately need to abandon any type of passing game, because it has as much of a chance at survival as us at Texas(like we're going to even come close to playing in that game).

When we go to the run, we should go to it with Green. I don't care how good Lee may or may not be-we don't have anyone who can catch the ball. This has to be one of the most pathetic conclusions that I've ever come to about a major Div I program, but it's the truth.

So you're worried about the "money" you have invested in "the game"? What "time" do you have invested in "the game"? This kid spends at least 8 hours a day in meetings, practice, film, etc. You spend, by the looks of the number of posts entered, about 8 hours a day at the computer.

Just because you give a few bucks to the university doesn't make you an expert. It makes you a blowhard.

So you're worried about the "money" you have invested in "the game"? What "time" do you have invested in "the game"? This kid spends at least 8 hours a day in meetings, practice, film, etc. You spend, by the looks of the number of posts entered, about 8 hours a day at the computer.

Just because you give a few bucks to the university doesn't make you an expert. It makes you a blowhard.

I love how you personally attack another poster because you realize that you have nothing intelligent to bring back to the argument. Yes.... he spends 8 hours a day doing blah blah blah... He goes to college for free to do so! I am currently a senior at UNL and when I graduate, I will be 60,000 dollars in debt. As for your boy Paul, NOTHING, debt free. So with the situation being such, he DESERVES criticism for the performance he is putting on the field. Yes, he is trying, but still, inexcusable. The way he carries the ball is f'ing ridiculous, I carried a football better than that back in peewee football.

Just remember, these kids are being GIVEN a free education to come to this school and perform. If they DON'T, they don't deserve to be on the field. It doesn't make someone a blowhard when (especially knapplc) they prove to have intelligent posts every time they choose to post. You, pctopeka, on the other hand, simply personally attack people, because you can't figure out anything to come back with.

He came into the season saying he wanted to make plays for the Huskers and be the go to guy.

I think its pretty apparent he hasn't lived up to that. His only good game was against Mizzou with the two TD catches.

Yes he did and the first thing he does is show his total focus with a DUI! That should have pretty much summed him up.

If you really want to bash Paul, just go back and review the bowl game against Clemson! He had more mistakes than anyone else could have ever have. A couple of late hits blocking on kickreturns, dropped passes and fumbles. I want to pitch him out ASAP, then the knot head makes a big play!

Like posted already he is really good or really pathetic, just too much of the latter at times!