Why Cody Green Should Start

Enhance

look at all these other schools starting freshman QBs. i understand green needs to learn the plays etc etc, but hands on game time experience is the best way to learn. like every1 keeps saying, whats the worse that can happen. we lose....we just went from big 12 north favs to ISU beating us at home for the first time since 77...im 23 and thats a long ass time!

I agree. If Green were the better of the two I say start him. However since my nephew who plays for NU says he isn't and is nowhere close to starting...... then he should sit. I've posted this many times yet all those that have zero knowledge of what is going on in Lincoln continue to interject their uninformed opinions.

Those who are calling for Lee's head are of either the same people or of the same mindset that thought Frost should have been benched.

I am not a Lee fan. But he IS the best NU has. Period....... I wish they had somebody better but they don't.

This is your best post of the day Mr. ShamWow. Believe it or not, I respect your opinion.

If we put in a freshman like Green, we might lose to a team like Peru State.

Those of us that understand football agree.

WE JUST LOST TO IOWA ST. And that should not have happened, PERIOD!!! I do know football farelly well and many teams have started a freshman before and have done fine. (Tommie Frazier anyone?) I am not saying Green may be the next Tommie, but to think we could be worse on offense. :LOLtartar

A Frazier led NU team also lost to ISU when they never should have. Nice point. :clap

Dude, you are arguing just to argue!!! A Tommie Frazier led team also gave a spark to VERY bad offense under Mike (I have tape on my facemask) Grant. A Tommie (freshman) Frazier led offense also beat a highly ranked Colorado team, a game I was at, (tied with us for eight in the polls) and a decent and ranked Kansas team. As a matter of fact, they had three very solid victories before the loss to Iowa St. One could say because of those wins, they took the Cyclones for granted. Then beat Oklahoma and won the Big Eight title and then lossed to a very good Florida St. team in the Orange Bowl( 27-14 I believe). So you point falls very flat when you look at the whole picture. :box

This offense can't get any worse and yes it is not all of Lee's fault, but as we saw in the 92 season, it is amazing what a change in ONE (good leadership) player can do.

I find it terrible that we get away losing to Texas Tech, then the next week Iowa State. We were ranked 15 in the nation. We are a complete joke right now to the rest of the country. Cody Green wouldn't hurt if we decided to put him in. He is a very talented player whom I think will be a good pickup for next week versus Baylor. Our stats aren't going to be as good, but a leadership role will be there.

Overall, I find it good to have a sense of urgency as a quarterback instead of letting the clock wind down when you have to win. Cody Green might bring us that sense of urgency.

look at all these other schools starting freshman QBs. i understand green needs to learn the plays etc etc, but hands on game time experience is the best way to learn. like every1 keeps saying, whats the worse that can happen. we lose....we just went from big 12 north favs to ISU beating us at home for the first time since 77...im 23 and thats a long ass time!

I agree. If Green were the better of the two I say start him. However since my nephew who plays for NU says he isn't and is nowhere close to starting...... then he should sit. I've posted this many times yet all those that have zero knowledge of what is going on in Lincoln continue to interject their uninformed opinions.

Those who are calling for Lee's head are of either the same people or of the same mindset that thought Frost should have been benched.

I am not a Lee fan. But he IS the best NU has. Period....... I wish they had somebody better but they don't.

This is your best post of the day Mr. ShamWow. Believe it or not, I respect your opinion.

Thank you....but it's not my opinion. It's the facts from those that are in the know - which none of here are. But my nephew and his teammates are.

All I can tell you is - right now he is not the answer and nowhere close to being the answer. Sorry

I don't even see how this is a debate. I have no clue if Green (or another backup for that matter) is any good.

I DO KNOW that Lee has led a miserable offensive performance for 3 weeks (except for one quarter) in a row. Even if it's not all his fault, the backup deserves to be in the game.

The question is...... Why does Lee DESERVE to start?

I don't really care who starts, I just wish somebody would get the job done. I think you have a man crush though if you say that Lee did not contribute to the loss today. The receivers dropped way too many, but if you watch the game again, there were plenty of passes that were high and behind.

One question about Green though, for those of you that are so sure he cannot help this team, how do you know this? We have gave Lee 7 games to prove something and he hasn't proved anything. We have barely given Green a couple series. So how can you say that it will not change anything? I know some of you think that your god's gift to mankind (and your kid'n yourselves) but I have never met anybody yet that has been able to see the future. :dunno

I don't even see how this is a debate. I have no clue if Green (or another backup for that matter) is any good.

I DO KNOW that Lee has led a miserable offensive performance for 3 weeks (except for one quarter) in a row. Even if it's not all his fault, the backup deserves to be in the game.

The question is...... Why does Lee DESERVE to start?

READ between the lines. Hell with it.... Let me break it down for all of you.

If Lee is not the best fit - then how much more does Green need to improved to be even at Lee's level?

WE JUST LOST TO IOWA ST. And that should not have happened, PERIOD!!! I do know football farelly well and many teams have started a freshman before and have done fine. (Tommie Frazier anyone?) I am not saying Green may be the next Tommie, but to think we could be worse on offense. :LOLtartar

A Frazier led NU team also lost to ISU when they never should have. Nice point. :clap

Dude, you are arguing just to argue!!! A Tommie Frazier led team also gave a spark to VERY bad offense under Mike (I have tape on my facemask) Grant. A Tommie (freshman) Frazier led offense also beat a highly ranked Colorado team, a game I was at, (tied with us for eight in the polls) and a decent and ranked Kansas team. As a matter of fact, they had three very solid victories before the loss to Iowa St. One could say because of those wins, they took the Cyclones for granted. Then beat Oklahoma and won the Big Eight title and then lossed to a very good Florida St. team in the Orange Bowl( 27-14 I believe). So you point falls very flat when you look at the whole picture. :box

This offense can't get any worse and yes it is not all of Lee's fault, but as we saw in the 92 season, it is amazing what a change in ONE (good leadership) player can do.

Here is the last thing you deserve tonight. Get the paper on the porch tomorrow morning and keep it out of the bushes.

Thank you....but it's not my opinion. It's the facts from those that are in the know - which none of here are. But my nephew and his teammates are.

All I can tell you is - right now he is not the answer and nowhere close to being the answer. Sorry

Granted, I agree you have some good points also, but could it be that those in the know have there heads in the sand. They are human and not perfect. We have seen what stubborness among the coaches has lead to in the past, when everyone else in the state and the country could see it. I am talking to YOU Watson.

Granted, I agree you have some good points also, but could it be that those in the know have there heads in the sand. They are human and not perfect. We have seen what stubborness among the coaches has lead to in the past, when everyone else in the state and the country could see it. I am talking to YOU Watson.

GREAT POST. Sorry for my earlier one.

Heads in the sand is a HUGE issue with every form of management at all levels in all industries and professions.

Here is the last thing you deserve tonight. Get the paper on the porch tomorrow morning and keep it out of the bushes.

I am going to get a warning for this, but dude, GROW UP!!! We can agree to disagree and that is all we are doing so CHILL OUT!!!. I haven't attacked you before in anyway, all I was doing is giving opinions based on what I see. You apperantly can't handle that if they don't agree with yours, sorry. I noticed you didn't answer anything I brought up in the post though? That's telling isn't it. It's all good and again we can agree to disagree and still love our HUSKERS.

HOW MANY FUMBLES INSIDE THE 5 YD. LINE DID THEY HAVE IN THOSE GAMES??!?!?!?! <_<

GREAT POST. Sorry for my earlier one.

Heads in the sand is a HUGE issue with every form of management at all levels in all industries and professions.

Ok, sorry for my post just now, didn't see yours in time. :cheers

I am going to get a warning for this, but dude, GROW UP!!! We can agree to disagree and that is all we are doing so CHILL OUT!!!. I haven't attacked you before in anyway, all I was doing is giving opinions based on what I see. You apperantly can't handle that if they don't agree with yours, sorry. I noticed you didn't answer anything I brought up in the post though? That's telling isn't it. It's all good and again we can agree to disagree and still love our HUSKERS.

Shamwow misquoted me. I said, "if we put in a freshman like Green, we might lose to a team like Iowa State." My point is that it can't get much worse, so we just as well give Green some reps, prep him, and see if he maybe can't do better than Lee. Lee is good, but we just missed a golden opportunity to get Green some quality experience. Now we have nothing to show for the game except a loss and no experience for Green.

HOW MANY FUMBLES INSIDE THE 5 YD. LINE DID THEY HAVE IN THOSE GAMES??!?!?!?! <_<

Good question!!! My point was the needed change in leadership that Frazier brought. We haven't had that change yet and may not, I degress. So who knows, did we set some kind of record on fumbles in a game today?