Why Cody Green Should Start

Enhance

First post since todays loss for me. I figure some of you might have read this thread title and come in here to blast away at the topic, but here me out before you do so.

This has nothing to do with Lee's playing making ability, his mental state, etc.

This has nothing to do with Watson or the staff.

This has everything to do with finding a player who can bring a spark to the offense, finding a guy who can break things open with his arm and his legs, and finding a guy who can put this team on his shoulders and carry them to victory.

This team is severely lacking leadership. This team is lacking a Joe Ganz, a Nate Swift, or what have you. They are lacking a guy who is willing to go out there, make plays, sacrifice themselves, and get a victory. Coaching can only take you so far. You need somebody out there on the field that can pick this team up and get them to win.

Zac Lee, while he played solid for most of the game save three interceptions, did not have what it took to get this team rolling in crunch time. His players didn't have faith it what was going on, and we ended up continually turning the ball over.

We need that "it" guy on the field, and right now there sure as hell isn't one out there.

Unless Cody Green can catch the ball and not fumble, he is not the answer

It goes beyond that.

This team needs a guy who can motivate them to do their job, as I stated in my OP. They don't have that guy right now or any semblance of one. This problem is beyond X's and O's, it gets down to somebody needing to step up and carry the team.

Well, if they're going to give Lee another chance, then they'd better give him 2 chances and start Lee against Oklahoma as well. If he gets the cupcakes, let him stay in for the real teams too. Chances are there won't be much of him left after OU anyway.

Like I said before, let's stink it up with the current players and staff until even the biggest apologist out there finally realizes that widespread changes are needed. Until then, all we are going to have is people making excuses for their favorite coaches and players as we limp lamely along. I want everyone to be force-fed a diet of this until that Eureka moment finally hits and our program vomits one last big chunk. THEN we can get on the road to recovery.

Freshman making mistakes trying to make plays?

or

Veterans making freshman mistakes, while not making many plays?

It's that simple. For some people on this board it would be the biggest mistake we ever made to let Green start over Lee who is taking us nowhere. Since when are we satisfied with playing mediocre ball?