New commit...

so why would the paper say Scout gave him a 1-star but Rivals has yet to rate him instead of saying both have yet to rate him?

Perhaps the writer thought the same thing you did: that a 1 star is an actual rating.

Hopefully one of the recruitniks who actually know what they are talking about jump in here and correct me or confirm.

1-star means not yet rated, FYI.

really? are you sure about that? because i just read in the paper that Scout.com rated him 1-star and Rivals.com has yet to rate him.

I'm also pretty sure it means that he hasn't been rated yet. Could be wrong.

Yeah you are right. 1 star means that he hasn't been graded yet. I am positive.

Troy Palmalwhatever his name is for the steelers was a 2 stars, keep counting starts and let the football world pass you by... Hey, Suh was a 4 star and McCoy was a 5 star, do u want to bet some money who goes first in the draft?

did you read even my post? i said i was aware that stars are not everything when it comes to recruiting. hell, helu was a 3 star and he has outperformed lucky (a 5 star) in my eyes. that being said, i still think there is some validity to the star system, especially at the skill positions. i was just raising the point that we are struggling at WR so we really need to recruit the best players possible, and giving a 1-star a scholarship is not wise IMO.

really? are you sure about that? because i just read in the paper that Scout.com rated him 1-star and Rivals.com has yet to rate him.

well i sure hope so.

well i sure hope so.

Why do you hope so? You've pointed out repeatedly that stars mean little . . . but then you say that you wish we were recruiting skill positions with more stars. What exactly will receiving more stars do to increase Enunwa in your eyes? I'm just a little confused why it matters I guess. Getting 2 more stars isn't going to drop his 40 time or make him hold onto passes.

its the principal of the matter. the guys we have recruited at WR recently have not been stellar, so why shoot for a 1-star (if he is)? the star system projects how well they will perform at the next level (thought it is not always accurate). i just think we need to be making bigger moves and aiming higher at this particular position.

its the principal of the matter. the guys we have recruited at WR recently have not been stellar, so why shoot for a 1-star (if he is)? the star system projects how well they will perform at the next level (thought it is not always accurate). i just think we need to be making bigger moves and aiming higher at this particular position.

All of our current wide receivers are three stars or higher.... Paul was a four star, Holt a three star, Curenski a three star, etc. and they're stinkin' up the joint...

..maybe a one star is what we need. There's no way of knowing. Recruiting is a crapshoot.

For the love of God, he hasn't been rated yet! Everyone was damn happy about Curtis Carter. Why? Probably bc he was a four star on rivals huh? Both of our WR's are one stars on scout that doesn't mean anything at all. Once they are ranked, from what I have heard will be ranked fairly well, RELAX!!

For the love of God, he hasn't been rated yet! Everyone was damn happy about Curtis Carter. Why? Probably bc he was a four star on rivals huh? Both of our WR's are one stars on scout that doesn't mean anything at all. Once they are ranked, from what I have heard will be ranked fairly well, RELAX!!

the only reason i was happy we got Carter is because he runs a 4.37 forty. we need speed over stars, and quincy enunwa has neither at this point.

No offense to the young man, but we need 4 and 5-star recruits. If you want to be a mediocre team, recruit mediocre players. If you want to be competing for a national championship, you gotta get the top echelon players. A prime example is Nick Saban at Alabama. Look at what he's done in just 2 years in Tuscaloosa, using top-tier recruiting. Saban wouldn't have even given this kid a look.

The coaches know what they are doing.

I remember a couple of years ago people were wondering why we took roy helu if we already had castille in that class. Plus according to most sources, castille was better.

Well obviously, we are glad we took helu. So even it enuwa doesn't play, he at least adds more depth and more importantly size to this group. Just look at #17 last year, something tells me that guy was pretty good, was tall, and not necessarily a blazer.