Helu

Stu

I was watching the news the other night, and when Helu was asked if he was physically ready to play full time, he said to ask the coaches.

Picture flashes to watson, and he says yep, nothing wrong with Helu.

When asked why he is wearing a green jersey in practice, Helu says he doesn't know.

When asked why he's not getting the ball 25-30 times a game anymore, even after he put up good numbers, he said he doesn't know, but it's humbling. <_<

What's the deal with this Helu injury? Obviously he's hurt, so why won't the coaches admit to it? Obviously he's NOT normal right now, so why dodge all the questions and hide it? :dunno

Figured we could talk about something other than Lee and Green. :snacks:

they dont seem to like talking about injuries....

i know, right? we still do not know the exact injury Rex incurred. just a broken bone in his foot is all they will reveal. is it a tarsal bone, a phalanges, a metatarsal bone? information would be nice.

The coaches aren't doctors, I doubt they really understand the extent of the injuries beyond, "How long will he be out" Even if they did, the players have a right to privacy by law for their medical conditions.

intrestingly enough, i just read this from Bo on Helu......

“I expect him to play like he's OK if he puts himself in the football game,” Pelini said. “Period. End of story. If you're hurt, you're hurt. If you're not, I expect you to walk out on the field and give it up.”

link- http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/view/bid..._qb_trigger/o/0

so apparently, its Helu's decision whether or not he gets to play with his nagging shoulder injury.

i know, right? we still do not know the exact injury Rex incurred. just a broken bone in his foot is all they will reveal. is it a tarsal bone, a phalanges, a metatarsal bone? information would be nice.

The coaches aren't doctors, I doubt they really understand the extent of the injuries beyond, "How long will he be out" Even if they did, the players have a right to privacy by law for their medical conditions.

i realize the coaches are not doctors, but i am positive they have consulted with doctors regarding the injury. its not hard to repeat what the doctor said.

i realize the coaches are not doctors, but i am positive they have consulted with doctors regarding the injury. its not hard to repeat what the doctor said.

I work in a hospital, even nurses struggle with what a doctor says sometimes. The coaches cannot repeat what the doctors say anyway, there are privacy laws that protect that.

intrestingly enough, i just read this from Bo on Helu......

“I expect him to play like he's OK if he puts himself in the football game,” Pelini said. “Period. End of story. If you're hurt, you're hurt. If you're not, I expect you to walk out on the field and give it up.”

link- http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/view/bid..._qb_trigger/o/0

so apparently, its Helu's decision whether or not he gets to play with his nagging shoulder injury.

And it's Helu's decision whether or not to get his ass chewed out by bo for fumbling. I don't think he'll do it again