More Fuel to the Fire.

typ3kal

According to Husker Extra's Wednesday Practice Report:

It was interesting to see Cody Green staying a few minutes late to fire some passes to Brandon Kinnie.

Green didn’t play in Nebraska’s 9-7 loss to Iowa State, a game in which the offense committed a school-record-tying eight turnovers.

“Going into the week they said that there was a really good chance I would get playing time,” Green said, “but there’s always that sense of ‘what if?’ That game, it was 9-7, close game, and that was that ‘what if?’ sense.”

Green said coaches have said every spot is open this week, “that if you want spots, go take them.”

“I don’t think it’s just one guy that can make that spark,” Green said. “It may be that one guy that makes a big play that sparks the whole offense, that shows everybody else, ‘Hey, let’s jump on the bandwagon, let’s go.’ But as for one person getting in there and making a difference, I honestly don’t think that can really happen. You need the other 10 guys around to help you make that play.”

Green said coaches aren’t designing specific plays or packages for him, although he’s been getting excited after seeing more of the zone read.

“I just sit and itch because that’s what I’ve been brought up to do, all through high school,” Green said. “That’s why I’m really here. That’s why I had close to 2,000 yards rushing and 3,000 yards passing, because we just threw bubbles and stuff off that play. We’re really starting to turn to that and it’s really starting to drive me crazy because I want to get in there and run it and just show people what I can do.”

Pelini: QB decision is his

Posted by: Steve Sipple on October 28, 2009 at 6:44PM CST

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini's defense obviously is in very good shape, ranked eighth nationally in terms of average yards allowed (266.4) and fifth in points allowed (11.4).

Does that mean he can turn more of his attention to Nebraska's struggling offense?

"I'm trying to," he said Wednesday, pausing a moment. "It's a matter of me trying to figure out that aspect of it. But you know, I have capable guys on offense.

"Like I've said before, where I add my two cents is more in what I see from the opponent's defense, where I think we can attack them -- that type of thing. "

Pelini isn't saying who will start at quarterback for Nebraska on Saturday. But make no mistake about who makes the final decision.

"I'm responsible for everything," Pelini said flatly.

Oh look....Yet ANOTHER thread about the QB situation! dedhoarse

What the heck else do we have to talk about? How bout we start a few "we had to many turnovers" threads or some "fire Watson" threads or even better how bout a couple "keep your head up threads". You're welcome to start your own more insightful threads if you want.

I'd rather read about a possibility of Green getting some playing time than sit around dedhoarse . Talk about dedhoarse . I'm starting to think some folks on this forum have a "man crush" or "?" on Lee as hard as they defend him. Notice how all the "bad throw" arguments quit once the actual pics were shown. They argued non stop about how the interceptions were the receiver's fault until THE ACTUAL PICS WERE SHOWN. And then some still argued. Face it. If you root for Green you are not as good a fan as those that root for the status quo. That and God forbid you post about it.

I'd rather read about a possibility of Green getting some playing time than sit around dedhoarse . Talk about dedhoarse . I'm starting to think some folks on this forum have a "man crush" or "?" on Lee as hard as they defend him. Notice how all the "bad throw" arguments quit once the actual pics were shown. They argued non stop about how the interceptions were the receiver's fault until THE ACTUAL PICS WERE SHOWN. And then some still argued. Face it. If you root for Green you are not as good a fan as those that root for the status quo. That and God forbid you post about it.

No kidding, I'm not even bashing Lee I just think he's proven himself to be average and I'd like to see if Green can do any better.

This tard said "rguments quit once the actual pics were shown. They argued non stop about how the interceptions were the receiver's fault until THE ACTUAL PICS WERE SHOWN. And then some still argued. Face it. If you root for Green you are not as good a fan as those that root for the status quo. That and God forbid you post about it."

Right... I will remember your stupid name and when Green goes in, throws under 50% completion and 5 interceptions we will come to your all knowing side and see what we do then.

Where in there does it say it will be a game time decision?

The title of the post on the husker extra blog said qb position gametime decision.

Either have to read between the lines or have been in the room when they were interviewing Bo probably. Sipple and Christopherson aren't good about filling in the blanks on their posts.

This tard said "rguments quit once the actual pics were shown. They argued non stop about how the interceptions were the receiver's fault until THE ACTUAL PICS WERE SHOWN. And then some still argued. Face it. If you root for Green you are not as good a fan as those that root for the status quo. That and God forbid you post about it."

Right... I will remember your stupid name and when Green goes in, throws under 50% completion and 5 interceptions we will come to your all knowing side and see what we do then.

Zac is only throwing 50% against BCS opponents. 61/122. His avg per carry against BCS teams is 1.62.. If Green averages 50% but can carry for 4-5 yards average it won't matter. Atleast the chains will be moving and henry can put points up.

The only part about it that is a gametime decision is us finding out for sure who they went with.

Wasn't this the same thing last week? By Wednesday they had decided on the QB. After Tuesday's practice Bo said Watson and he were on the same page on who to start.. But according to their presser on Monday they were split on the decision. Obviously there has been some movement with the coaches decisions- but the position isn't a lock this week or next, unless Green or Lee have a commanding performance Sat.