Mendoza?

godd2

Maybe i am missing something but his name is not mentioned alot when discussing RB's. Didnt they pull him off the Defense to fill in once Q was let go. I thought he did a good job last year so i figured he would be the number 2 and last week since he had experience be the number 1.

so what am i missing, why does it seem he doesnt play alot?

Maybe i am missing something but his name is not mentioned alot when discussing RB's. Didnt they pull him off the Defense to fill in once Q was let go. I thought he did a good job last year so i figured he would be the number 2 and last week since he had experience be the number 1.

Well I would say it is because Trey Robinson has outperformed him in practice. Mendoza did get a decent number of snaps last week vs. ISU. He only had 2 runs and a catch, but I am pretty sure he was in for more plays than that.

Mendoza never played defense. He was with the wide receivers for a brief time but switched over when Castille left.

Mcbain-mendoza.JPG

MENDOZA!!!

You know the coaches said that they needed 4 or 5 backs before the season. We had plenty of chances to get all our backs into early games including QBS. But we had no rotation plan. Helu played almost every snap!

Why not let the players earn the position under game conditions? TO and Solich used to do just this and at all positions. The ones had the game in command in the first quarter.

My big concern is that you sit guys like Dillard due to coaching vendetta. Colins Okafor has produced for these coaches every time he has been given a chance. He led all rushers in the spring game. So, we have him buried and not playing due to some coaches perception. This kid was a real prize recuit. Now he is just not good enough. Same thing with Mendoza and others at this position.

So, if he was the top recuits they sought, they deserve some game time.

Of course in the WCO multiple offense we do not use the power running game so we do not need to recuit top backs! When was the last top running back recuit? Lucky?

I really have a problem the way these coaches develop players. They don't.

We have not been good for some time ten years? Last good record we had was Solich!

Husker fans are in a state of denial. They fill the stadium like we are a footba power. We are currently 9th in the Big 12. I can not remember a Big 12 South team since Solich we beat other than Baylor. There may be a few! But we should all root for Iowa they are playing some quality football!

Mendoza never played defense. He was with the wide receivers for a brief time but switched over when Castille left.

sorry i was mistaken there..i know how some get upset when a mistake is made....it just seems to me there were other options besides a hurt RB. If they are not gonna play him alot at RB then put him back at WR, we need help there too.

Mcbain-mendoza.JPG

MENDOZA!!!

That's all I think of when I hear the name "Mendoza." Nice find on the image :)

You know the coaches said that they needed 4 or 5 backs before the season. We had plenty of chances to get all our backs into early games including QBS. But we had no rotation plan. Helu played almost every snap!

Why not let the players earn the position under game conditions? TO and Solich used to do just this and at all positions. The ones had the game in command in the first quarter.

My big concern is that you sit guys like Dillard due to coaching vendetta. Colins Okafor has produced for these coaches every time he has been given a chance. He led all rushers in the spring game. So, we have him buried and not playing due to some coaches perception. This kid was a real prize recuit. Now he is just not good enough. Same thing with Mendoza and others at this position.

So, if he was the top recuits they sought, they deserve some game time.

Of course in the WCO multiple offense we do not use the power running game so we do not need to recuit top backs! When was the last top running back recuit? Lucky?

I really have a problem the way these coaches develop players. They don't.

We have not been good for some time ten years? Last good record we had was Solich!

Husker fans are in a state of denial. They fill the stadium like we are a footba power. We are currently 9th in the Big 12. I can not remember a Big 12 South team since Solich we beat other than Baylor. There may be a few! But we should all root for Iowa they are playing some quality football!

Really? Well I guess I just see it differently than you. How about Suh, Crick, Prince, Asante, Dennard, etc. all becoming good players under this staff. Heck you can throw Dillard in there. I didn't think he played that well overall last season but is playing at an All Conference level right now. He bought into the coaches finally and it is paying off on the field.