Are our Safties MIA

I was at the NU-BU game on sat and I was very disappointed in the safety play. I have had issues with Larry back there because he seems to get burnt all time. O'Hallahan is the same way. BU had some easy TD's if the QB throw the ball on the right side. Why do we not move Larry into a hybrid position like Gomes at LB. I want to see someone and anyone other then Larry back there. I wish Ricky did not get hurt.

I just wish our Safeties would make a play on the ball. Several times against Baylor they were in the right position with over-the-top coverage, but couldn't make a play. I was amazed because they were just heaving the ball up almost like a hail mary and it would find it's way right in between fairly decent coverage.

Safety play has ruined our season. If we had good safety play we'd be undefeated right now. These guys might be the worst safeties to ever don Husker uniforms. If our safeties were average we could probably lead the Nation in total and scoring defense instead of being ranked 10th and 4th nationally. Our pass defense efficiency should be leading the Big 12 by a wider margin. It's one thing to be first, but we could be firstest first.

God our safeties are dreadfull. We should put Cody Green at safety.

Please note the above rant was sarcasm. Complaining about our safeties is stupid. Our safeties have been good all season. Their ability to tackle has been a breath of fresh air this season. Any complaints about NU's defense are ignorant and misguided.

Asante has played extremely well all year. He has been in position and has defended the run very well. His coverage has improved to a point where it is more than average.

O'hanlon you get what you get. there were a few plays in the Baylor game where the safety was late or not in position and it was O'hanlon each time

It looks like our corners are too far off the ball. During a lot of plays they are lined up almost 10 yards back. Those screen passes seem to work against our corners waaaaay better than when we run it.

Overall I think our safeties have been pretty good, not great, but pretty good.