Green - Handcufffed with training wheels

CGREEN17

And let him play, I understand what they did against baylor didnt like it but let Green be free in the Offensive and no stupid shotgun options thats bout is stupid as the little screen to the rb all game. If helus hurt them plays suck. The future is now Going GREEN

Is that you Cody? lol CGREEN17. But i do agree that against OK they need to let him play if that means take off and run or go deep let him do it. no wr screens either we all know how that back fires on us. He is going to make mistakes but hopefully he can also makes some plays.

And let him play, I understand what they did against baylor didnt like it but let Green be free in the Offensive and no stupid shotgun options thats bout is stupid as the little screen to the rb all game. If helus hurt them plays suck. The future is now Going GREEN

I'm not exactly sure what all you said here (with the general lack of grammar making much of the paragraph indecipherable), but in general, I believe that the offense is what is handcuffed with Green running it, rather than Green being handcuffed by the OC. I do hope he has a big game and makes a some things happen on offense though.

Did I just contribute to a troll? ;)

i dont think he is a troll. he has been posting for a while and i agree green needs to have his handcuffs taken off....

Ah, well no offense meant...my apologies to the OP :)

My one question would be why do we believe that Green has been "handcuffed" at all? I know Watson referenced keeping the training wheels on, but I'm not sure where he limited Green's ability to make a play? In fact he basically said that they'd simplified things so that he had MORE of a chance to make a play.

i dont think he is a troll. he has been posting for a while and i agree green needs to have his handcuffs taken off....

Ah, well no offense meant...my apologies to the OP :)

My one question would be why do we believe that Green has been "handcuffed" at all? I know Watson referenced keeping the training wheels on, but I'm not sure where he limited Green's ability to make a play? In fact he basically said that they'd simplified things so that he had MORE of a chance to make a play.

just not giving him the whole playbook. yeah he should be making plays with the plays he is given but you can only do so much with so many plays. give him a few extra plays and really see what he can do instead of making him work within a few plays...

hope that makes sense...

Cody Green is not really ready to play QB right now. If we talked about Zac staring down reciever then what was he doing. He had a big play to Paul (which I didnt think he was going to catch) but if the pass was on the money should have been a TD.

They are not expanding the playbook becuase the kid doesnt have it up stairs. He cannot make the reads nessacary to be a good QB. Also doesnt help that our running game is stalling you can afford to leave more in coverage if you dont feel the line and RB's can get it done.

Cody Green is not really ready to play QB right now. If we talked about Zac staring down reciever then what was he doing. He had a big play to Paul (which I didnt think he was going to catch) but if the pass was on the money should have been a TD.

They are not expanding the playbook becuase the kid doesnt have it up stairs. He cannot make the reads nessacary to be a good QB. Also doesnt help that our running game is stalling you can afford to leave more in coverage if you dont feel the line and RB's can get it done.

yeah but the fact is that green brings the running dimension and thus opens up the passing game just a little more because the defense has to account for his feet.

you are correct that he is not ready to be a WCO QB but with our line we need a qb that can run to make up for some of their "not so goodness".

open up the play book and see if he has enough upstairs to compete at this level...

I'm not exactly sure what all you said here (with the general lack of grammar making much of the paragraph indecipherable), but in general, I believe that the offense is what is handcuffed with Green running it, rather than Green being handcuffed by the OC. I do hope he has a big game and makes a some things happen on offense though.

Did I just contribute to a troll? ;)

Totally agree! I think Lee's lack of success was partly due to the play calling and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Green. I'm so sick and tired of every play going toward the sideline! It's not a fluke that defenses are jumping those plays. This kid has an unbelievable arm, you don't have to keep dinking and dunking. There doesn't seem to be any creativity in the offensive play calling. When did Watson turn into Jim Tressel?

I still think Lee Gets the start because of experience, but expect both to play and play well.