Green - Handcufffed with training wheels

CGREEN17

no stupid shotgun options thats bout is stupid as the little screen to the rb all game

Dose stupid shotgun options bout what Cody wasd done brung into ran. His made his livin oft dose typest plays hist hole car-ear playing da football. Dose and dem bubbled screens.

ebonics.jpg

:lol::rollin

Anyway yeah I agree. I think the coaches need to give Green a little more freedom and also run a little bit.

We need to get away from the horizontal passes, OU will stop them from going far at all and will likely get a pick-six like we saw Saturday. We need to go vertical more, make them pay for crowding the box and/or loosen them up. We also need to go back to using McNeil and the TE's in-general, McNeil is hands-down our best receiver, use him for piss-sakes.

We also need to make the most of CG's wheels, especially with our rb-corps ailing so much. Roll him out, run bootlegs, run qb-draws, and use the freaking qb-sneak in short-yardage.

And let him play, I understand what they did against baylor didnt like it but let Green be free in the Offensive and no stupid shotgun options thats bout is stupid as the little screen to the rb all game. If helus hurt them plays suck. The future is now Going GREEN

From what I heard Suh almost had handcuffs on him over the weekend...!!!!!

I agree with Shatel, take the training wheels off Green and see what happens!

I’m a little slow, but the more I thought about Shawn Watson’s comment about keeping the “training wheels’’ on freshman quarterback Cody Green, it struck me that that sums up the problem with this offense.

A college offense shouldn’t need “training wheels.’’ It shouldn’t take a fourth- or fifth-year quarterback like Joe Ganz to run this offense. If it does, it’s going to be a long three more years.

Watson also said that the offense was cut back for Green and that he was “down to three progressions.’’ If three passing progressions (receivers running routes) is “down,’’ I’d hate to see what’s normal. Let’s not make this rocket science. Look for two receivers and if nobody’s open, run, Cody, run.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091102/SPORTS/711029842

This offense requires too much precision and leaves too little room for error.

But don't tell many on the board this because Watson is a genius and we will be lucky to get him back next year. <_<

Watson is a joke. He says a player who comes in is good because he has been practicing well, but then turns around and says our offense isn't working because they haven't been in games and have only been getting reps in practice. Sorry buddy, but you are reaching because you have no idea what this offense is or even capable of. Hence the pulling stuff out of your ass.

This offense requires too much precision and leaves too little room for error.

But don't tell many on the board this because Watson is a genius and we will be lucky to get him back next year. <_<

Watson is a joke. He says a player who comes in is good because he has been practicing well, but then turns around and says our offense isn't working because they haven't been in games and have only been getting reps in practice. Sorry buddy, but you are reaching because you have no idea what this offense is or even capable of. Hence the pulling stuff out of your ass.

Exactly.

I don't know about Watson being a joke, but he seems to be fundamentally misinterpreting an important part of offense, which is depth production. I know very few places that are successful at having a starting quarterback for 1-2 years at a time and making it anywhere of significance. Maybe USC is capable of it, but in most situations and when you look at what teams are winning BCS national championship games, most starting quarterbacks have had at the very least 2 years starting.

But this doesn't just apply to quarterbacks though. It applies to who gets carries at the running back position, how much experience your WR's have, and all of the other key positions on the field. We consistently have guys start for 1-2 years and then they graduate, and they very rarely see significant PT until they are Juniors and Seniors. We need to have a system that promotes depth production, and I don't see how this system is capable of that unless we have an explosive day and are up 35-0 at half.

And let him play, I understand what they did against baylor didnt like it but let Green be free in the Offensive and no stupid shotgun options thats bout is stupid as the little screen to the rb all game. If helus hurt them plays suck. The future is now Going GREEN

I didn't realize people got handcuffed over negligent driving. Wow, things must have really changed in Lincoln from when I was there. Do you get maced for speeding nowdays in Lincoln?

I didn't realize people got handcuffed over negligent driving. Wow, things must have really changed in Lincoln from when I was there. Do you get maced for speeding nowdays in Lincoln?

Only Redgixxer

We need to get away from the horizontal passes, OU will stop them from going far at all and will likely get a pick-six like we saw Saturday. We need to go vertical more, make them pay for crowding the box and/or loosen them up. We also need to go back to using McNeil and the TE's in-general, McNeil is hands-down our best receiver, use him for piss-sakes.

We also need to make the most of CG's wheels, especially with our rb-corps ailing so much. Roll him out, run bootlegs, run qb-draws, and use the freaking qb-sneak in short-yardage.

Here's what I don't get, these things we are talking about are soooo painfully obvious. We see it, I garantee other D-coordinators see it and are laughing their collective a$$es off about it. Yes, we have injuries, yes because of that our offense in very young and inexperienced. So, why do we (Watson) put them behind the eight ball with these stupid plays that have proven not to work. Again, a good coach plays to his players strengths (GIVE GREEN THE CHANCE TO DO WHAT HE DOES BEST). We saw a small glimpse of this in the first half of last weeks game and guess what, crazy enough, it was working. Also, Watson needs to learn to adjust as the defense adjust's to us. Anyway, if Watson is so great, why do we see the same crazy play calling week in and week out? I bet OU's defense is just WAITING for us to throw another horizontal pass, dejavu of last year's pick six!!!