Starting QB this week

In all honesty, that fact that Cody was named starter last week should give you your answer this week. I don't think you start the kid this late in the season unless you are willing to ride his shoulders to the end of the road. Going by what the coaches have been saying about players having to beat each other out to earn PT, CG beat out Zac Lee last week. If he has really made that much progress since January, then he will definitely be starting Saturday.

Besides, given our lack of offensive prowess we need all the playmakers out there we can get. CG may not be the Matt Leinart of the college football field but he is still pretty solid and a good downhill runner. I'm 99.9% positive he is your starter on Saturday.

I agree 100%...

so give the kid all of the reps in practice. At this point, do you really think Zac needs half the snaps in practice to be a serviceable backup?

I don't understand this thinking, but I'm also not in practice everyday or a Division 1 football coach so I will leave it at I don't understand. Not that they are wrong.

Unless Cody stunk it up so bad that they don't think they can continue with him yet.

He had some good plays, but we also scored zero points in the second half and he accounted for 7 of Baylor's points.

I think CG will start, but if and this is what I heard if CG isn't getting the job done by halftime Lee will start the 2nd half. It was Bo Pelini's decision last week to start Green, not Watson's. Watson wanted Lee to start but since Bo is the HC, Bo overrode Watson on the decision. Me personally, I think CG is being rushed and not being given ample time to develop as a player. I think we will see both QB's on Saturday.

I think that was a rather poor, reactionary decision on Bo's part. You don't mess with the QB position like that. Now we have a controversy where it looks like we've gone to the future but the reality is the future might not get it done. Shoulda listened to Wats if that were the case.

In all honesty, that fact that Cody was named starter last week should give you your answer this week. I don't think you start the kid this late in the season unless you are willing to ride his shoulders to the end of the road. Going by what the coaches have been saying about players having to beat each other out to earn PT, CG beat out Zac Lee last week. If he has really made that much progress since January, then he will definitely be starting Saturday.

Besides, given our lack of offensive prowess we need all the playmakers out there we can get. CG may not be the Matt Leinart of the college football field but he is still pretty solid and a good downhill runner. I'm 99.9% positive he is your starter on Saturday.

I agree 100%...

so give the kid all of the reps in practice. At this point, do you really think Zac needs half the snaps in practice to be a serviceable backup?

I don't understand this thinking, but I'm also not in practice everyday or a Division 1 football coach so I will leave it at I don't understand. Not that they are wrong.

Unless Cody stunk it up so bad that they don't think they can continue with him yet.

He had some good plays, but we also scored zero points in the second half and he accounted for 7 of Baylor's points.

I think CG will start, but if and this is what I heard if CG isn't getting the job done by halftime Lee will start the 2nd half. It was Bo Pelini's decision last week to start Green, not Watson's. Watson wanted Lee to start but since Bo is the HC, Bo overrode Watson on the decision. Me personally, I think CG is being rushed and not being given ample time to develop as a player. I think we will see both QB's on Saturday.

Just out of curiosity and not to prod at you, but how do you know it was Bo's decision? Did he come right out and say he decided on it?

And BTW to those who said we turned to the future and the future isn't getting it done, you are basing your opinion off of what? One game on the road in a guy's first start? Here is some perspective...

In Robert Griffin's first start against Wake Forest, he pased for 125 yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions. Ran the ball 11 times for 29 yards. Even though WF was ranked #23, they weren't a great team last year. They were a pretty below average team that had one good win over a then ranked #24 FSU team.

It is too early to start saying this kid can't get it done.

Just out of curiosity and not to prod at you, but how do you know it was Bo's decision? Did he come right out and say he decided on it?

And BTW to those who said we turned to the future and the future isn't getting it done, you are basing your opinion off of what? One game on the road in a guy's first start? Here is some perspective...

In Robert Griffin's first start against Wake Forest, he pased for 125 yards, no touchdowns, no interceptions. Ran the ball 11 times for 29 yards. Even though WF was ranked #23, they weren't a great team last year. They were a pretty below average team that had one good win over a then ranked #24 FSU team.

It is too early to start saying this kid can't get it done.

If my memory serves, the announcers on Versus said that Bo had made the decision Saturday morning. Am I correct, did anyone else catch it?

I agree 100%...

The great ones don't need time to develop. The bigger question is whether or not Green is one of the great ones?

Anyone? ....

This isn't really relative but I was walking to class this morning(U of Oklahoma student) right next to the OU stadium and there was a bunch of the football players coming out of a morning film session or something. I couldnt' resist being the huge fan and native Nebraskan I am to talk up Cody Green a bit. I didn't know his name but he looked like a defensive back. Told him Green was going to do some damage this week, all in good fun ofcourse.

I am EXCITED!

GBR

Watson wanted Lee to start but since Bo is the HC, Bo overrode Watson on the decision.

Didn’t Bo say all last week that the final decision would be his and nobody else’s?

I don’t question whether or not Bo was the final say in the matter; I question the statement that Watson wanted to start Lee. It appeared the weeks leading up that Watson was more eager to play Green over Lee.

Bo is the Head Coach he is the final say in everything. If he isn’t then people may want to start questioning his leadership. IMO

Watson wanted Lee to start but since Bo is the HC, Bo overrode Watson on the decision.

Didn’t Bo say all last week that the final decision would be his and nobody else’s?

I don’t question whether or not Bo was the final say in the matter; I question the statement that Watson wanted to start Lee. It appeared the weeks leading up that Watson was more eager to play Green over Lee.

Bo is the Head Coach he is the final say in everything. If he isn’t then people may want to start questioning his leadership. IMO

That is exactly what Bo said, his decision, his team.

As far as reading into Watson's statement, I don't see anything there. I think Bo told him to be on the field to coach his struggling players, no matter if it's Green or Lee. Bo definitely isn't the press box kind of guy.

I'm not worried about him being a great one. Just better than Zac.

Then you should be really really worried.

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.