Starting QB this week

Oh, we managed the offense fine against ISU. Receivers just practically dropped the ball on purpose after getting possession of it.

I think the more realistic assessment even among CG supporters should be that CG is not in Lee's league as far as readiness goes. He is not "better" than Lee. Not right now. And if you're counting on him being potentially better down the road, then you're counting your chickens before they hatch. And I'm not sure CG can provide the spark that Ganz did that allowed him to overcome talent deficiency compared to Keller in '07.

I'm not worried about him being a great one. Just better than Zac.

Then you should be really really worried.

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.

I agree with this. We won the game with green at QB. And the seven points "He" gave up was Watson trying to force that damn screen he is so adamit (Spell check?) about, that has caused us nothing but trouble. Zac would not have made that pass either, it was a perfect job by baylor to pick that one off and take it back.

$.02

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.

I agree with this. We won the game with green at QB. And the seven points "He" gave up was Watson trying to force that damn screen he is so adamit (Spell check?) about, that has caused us nothing but trouble. Zac would not have made that pass either, it was a perfect job by baylor to pick that one off and take it back.

$.02

You're right, Lee would have thrown it BEHIND the line of scrimmage **COUGH** Texas Tech **COUGH**

I agree with this. We won the game with green at QB. And the seven points "He" gave up was Watson trying to force that damn screen he is so adamit (Spell check?) about, that has caused us nothing but trouble.

Green changed the play at the line of scrimmage after he totally misread the defense, then he proceeded to throw a duck after staring down his receiver the whole time. That play is not on Watson. It is easier for some to blame Watson though. <_<

Is it really a screen pass if the receiver is 5 yards down field? Could have sworn that was an out route that Cooper was running on that play. <_<

$.02

You're right, Lee would have thrown it BEHIND the line of scrimmage **COUGH** Texas Tech **COUGH**

how about the receiver that the football hit right in the hands catches the ball?

Get over it, that was not Lee's fault. Jesus.

I agree with this. We won the game with green at QB. And the seven points "He" gave up was Watson trying to force that damn screen he is so adamit (Spell check?) about, that has caused us nothing but trouble.

Green changed the play at the line of scrimmage after he totally misread the defense, then he proceeded to throw a duck after staring down his receiver the whole time. That play is not on Watson. It is easier for some to blame Watson though. <_<

Is it really a screen pass if the receiver is 5 yards down field? Could have sworn that was an out route that Cooper was running on that play. <_<

When Lee screws up, it's Lee's fault. When the RB's or WR's fumble/don't catch balls that are in their hands, it's also Lee's fault.

When Green screws up, it's Watson's fault

get with the program

This may be a stretch, but then I've been drinking heavily this morning.

1969. Nebraska has lost two early season games and appears headed to a third 6 - 4 season under a coach named Bob Devaney and his new offensive coordinator, Tom Osborne. The Huskers can't decide on a quarterback, switching off between Van Bronson and Jerry Tagge. Their top running back, Jeff Kinney is averaging only 3.5 yards a carry. Osborne wants to pass more, but his quarterbacks have more interceptions than TDs and some folks think he's getting too fancy. But after a loss to Kansas, the team finally gels and doesn't lose a single game for the next two and a half years.

I think you know what this means:

Huskers win the national championship next year. And the year after that.

Money in the bank.

Did I mention I've been drinking?

When Lee screws up, it's Lee's fault. When the RB's or WR's fumble/don't catch balls that are in their hands, it's also Lee's fault.

get with the program

This has been and still is the opinion of those out-of-the-know when it comes to QBing and football.

Green changed the play at the line of scrimmage after he totally misread the defense, then he processed to throw a duck after staring down his receiver the whole time. That play is not on Watson. It is easier for some to blame Watson though. <_<

get with the program

:laughpound

I don't really think it's being out-of-the-know so much as just clinging desperately to things people want badly to be true instead of being more realistic.

17 years ago, another freshman QB took over the reins for a struggling upperclassmen, and set Nebraska on a path of decades-long dominance...ergo, Green'll probably get somewhere close to that, or something.

And if that doesn't work out, there's always another #15 QB from Bradenton, FL...

You know, if Green were a pure pocket passer with the pocket mobility of Zac Taylor, no matter how good or touted he was out of HS, I really don't think we see the craze we see for him today. This has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with guys counting on Green to be Frazier 2. Same deal with people saying stars don't matter at all and we'll be successful starting walk-ons, 'cause dammit we're Nebraska and that's how we roll. The past is the past. Let these coaches do their thing, and I suspect we'll be seeing some dominance out of this program soon. Sorry if it's not "our style."