Bo's Not-so-subtle jab at *us*

I definitely have pride for the Blackshirts! They are playing like a big 12 championship team.

But it's hard to cheer when we can't even get a first down. And I don't see how that is my fault as a fan. I still love the team, but what am I cheering for as I watch the quarterback stride off the field on fourth and ten? :dunno

Hard to cheer? Hard to cheer? You need to reach deep down inside yourself. That's where the cheers live and that's where you need to go. C-mon' Kara I know you can do it.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

When half the stadium consists of 70 year olds or older who get pissed even when people stand up, yeah, it affects the spark and noise level from the crowd.

I remember one game I went to, we were scolded for standing during a big play for our defense when their offense was in the red zone! Are you f'ing kidding me?

Just put a smile on your face Ebyl. You can handle it.

T_O_B

:):):):):)

When half the stadium consists of 70 year olds or older who get pissed even when people stand up, yeah, it affects the spark and noise level from the crowd.

I remember one game I went to, we were scolded for standing during a big play for our defense when their offense was in the red zone! Are you f'ing kidding me?

I bought my four seats in 1964 and have paid the price for them every year since then. That was the time when we knew how to be considerate of those who were our elders and show them our respect.

Remember they do sell "Seats" and now at my age I have not been able to attend games, especially because I am not able to see any of the game from my seat.

and no I am not f'nig kidding ya. :dunno:LOLtartar:restore

I bought my four seats in 1964 and have paid the price for them every year since then. That was the time when we knew how to be considerate of those who were our elders and show them our respect.

Remember they do sell "Seats" and now at my age I have not been able to attend games, especially because I am not able to see any of the game from my seat.

and no I am not f'nig kidding ya. :dunno:LOLtartar:restore

Right there with ya brother. You are one of the Elder Statesman of Husker Nation. God Bless you and yours.

T_O_B

I definitely have pride for the Blackshirts! They are playing like a big 12 championship team.

But it's hard to cheer when we can't even get a first down. And I don't see how that is my fault as a fan. I still love the team, but what am I cheering for as I watch the quarterback stride off the field on fourth and ten? :dunno

Hard to cheer? Hard to cheer? You need to reach deep down inside yourself. That's where the cheers live and that's where you need to go. C-mon' Kara I know you can do it.

T_O_B

I feel like a jackass yelling my head off on a three and out. Wouldn't that be like yelling for the other team's defense? :hmmph

I don't have a problem with elders, I have a problem with anybody that goes to a football game and just sits there, then bitches at people who stand and try to cheer their team on (even worse when they do it in a situation where it might actually help the team). Funny how Pelini thought the crowd was really into it last night and thought it helped us get a win. Perhaps you should think about that when you look back on your days of sitting there being quiet and bitching at others...Pelini just called you out and said you were a part of helping the team lose. Congrats on that.

Maybe the solution is to create a venerated elders section where no standing is allowed.

Havent been to any of the games in person, but the Husker bars seem have the same affect. Fans just sit and watch and mumble a bit when the game is moving slowly, then ERUPT for touchdowns or an interception. Then back to sitting quietly and watching. Carefully watching every move. No shouts for defense or what not. No rally cries. Just the drunk guy yelling occasionally "Gooo Biiig Reeed".

And I'm talking about 500+ die hard Husker fans with standing room only. Pin drops heard throughout the games. Carefully watching and holding their breath each play.

If that's how it is at the stadium, then I would agree with Bo.

I think the crowd during the T.Tech and ISU games came in expecting to see the team win by a significant margin. When the wave of bad luck crashed over us and the realization of how high we've placed our expectations kicked in, we were definately stunned. And to be stunned is perfectly natural in this situation. While hardcore fans may keep cheering, most of us have no grasp on how to handle these mixed emotions of fustration but there is still the respect to remain silent. What did Bo really expect?

Upon the horizon of the OU-NU game, people got tired of being stunned and remembered that there was something we could do about it. When you think about it, perhaps Bo is trying to fire us up as much as the team on the field. :steam

I don't have a problem with elders, I have a problem with anybody that goes to a football game and just sits there, then bitches at people who stand and try to cheer their team on (even worse when they do it in a situation where it might actually help the team). Funny how Pelini thought the crowd was really into it last night and thought it helped us get a win. Perhaps you should think about that when you look back on your days of sitting there being quiet and bitching at others...Pelini just called you out and said you were a part of helping the team lose. Congrats on that.

Maybe the solution is to create a venerated elders section where no standing is allowed.

Your reply seems to imply that the stands were not very loud during most of the times when the Huskers were really a great team.

Those of us who were the heart of Husker fandom made the stands rock both at home and away.

To assume you must be standing and wildly waving your arms, even when nothing is deserving of cheers is the product of idiocy and I know it is dangerous to argue with an idiot for fear of being confused with the same.

I sat in the stands in Norman the day #2 Nebraska beat #1 Oklahoma and my memory is that we stood up and sat down at appropriate time. Probably a hard concept for some but that is how the world seems to have changed.

Following the great win our bus could not leave the parking lot for a long time and the cash bar in the back of the bus was doing a large business......all the while I was teaching the mostley Okie fans to sing "There is no place like Nebraska" Great Okie fans and great Husker Fans.

I was in the stands when Sims fumbled at the 3 yd line for a save that day and other times when the Okies broke our hearts and so I can assure you that I do remember the great supportive fans.

I don't think I need to sit in an elder section where no standing is allowed.

I think the crowd during the T.Tech and ISU games came in expecting to see the team win by a significant margin. When the wave of bad luck crashed over us and the realization of how high we've placed our expectations kicked in, we were definately stunned. And to be stunned is perfectly natural in this situation. While hardcore fans may keep cheering, most of us have no grasp on how to handle these mixed emotions of fustration but there is still the respect to remain silent.

See, this is where people (do not read: only elders) who are fortunate enough to get to go to multiple games and have been for a while need to set an example by standing and cheering at appropriate times. The stands need leaders just as much as the football team. That doesn't just mean standing/yelling when we are on defense. It's about us giving a consistent effort as well. The whole of being a great fanbase was and still needs to be passed down from those who started attending the games even prior to the sellout and should be a source of pride.

And now we'll see if you get your warning for a personal attack. I'd rather you just went to Husker games and were loud, lol.

That "Whoooosh" sound you hear is something going over your head there. :dunno

BTW.....You can only claim to be personally attacked if you claim to be the "idiot"I talk about. :nanalama