we have got to figure out way to get the offense going

not to dampen the mood from our win............

as we have seen the defense will keep us in any game.......... we have got to figure out a way to get some more points. I really think that a lot of this is just in our players heads now. I think going with lee is a good decision. the coaches need to get creative to get points on the board.

I think for the remainder of the season we just play out of the I formation and run the power game with play action passing! I think this is the best way to continue to win for the remainder of our schedule!

Let the D play lights out and Let Helu run and run and run!

I dont think it is a bad idea..... people are just going to stack the box anyway..... might as well go double TE and run right at them.

I don't know what to think, to be honest. It's just so hit and miss right now.

I liked some of the stuff we did with moving the pocket, play action, and some misdirection. If we could combine that with some power and more involvement from the TE's, maybe?

Usually you can point out some "go to" plays for an offense that you have high confidence will usually get you decent yards and will be executed well. I can't think of a single one for us.

I say on first down we punt. That way we won't loose 20-30 yards due to sacks and OL penalties. And then if the defense hands us the ball in the red zone just have Henery kick the FG.

HAHAHA I said the exact thing in the OU/NU official thread. I like your way of thinking.

I don't know what to think, to be honest. It's just so hit and miss right now.

I liked some of the stuff we did with moving the pocket, play action, and some misdirection. If we could combine that with some power and more involvement from the TE's, maybe?

Usually you can point out some "go to" plays for an offense that you have high confidence will usually get you decent yards and will be executed well. I can't think of a single one for us.

well a totally healthy helu would sure be a big help.

Yeah, but it would be nice to see Watson call uncomplicated plays for our struggling and injury ridden offense. Running plays have been our forte when called, yet Watson rarely uses them?! Use and I formation and run, run, run!!

Uncomplicated? I don't know how much more scaled down an offense can get?!?! What was the stat they showed in the 3rd or 4th qtr on ABC. Of the last 16 plays....15 had been runs and 1 a pass....and we ran it following that on screen stat!!!

I say on first down we punt. That way we won't loose 20-30 yards due to sacks and OL penalties. And then if the defense hands us the ball in the red zone just have Henery kick the FG.

HAHAHA I said the exact thing in the OU/NU official thread. I like your way of thinking.

We have to rest our Defense sometime..

But this might work better than our "Prevent Offense" we run, now.. :dunno

Yeah, but it would be nice to see Watson call uncomplicated plays for our struggling and injury ridden offense. Running plays have been our forte when called, yet Watson rarely uses them?! Use and I formation and run, run, run!!

Uncomplicated? I don't know how much more scaled down an offense can get?!?! What was the stat they showed in the 3rd or 4th qtr on ABC. Of the last 16 plays....15 had been runs and 1 a pass....and we ran it following that on screen stat!!!

I would argue that tonight was Watson's best game. He did exactly what he had to do to put the defense in a position to win the game. That may sound facetious, but it is genuine. He called a conservative game with limited mistakes; we had enough ball possession and yards to win. Our real problem is our redzone offense we left probably 14 points on the field.